Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-20-2014, 10:37 AM   #1

Has anybody adjusted the tv?

The sensor on the tv is on the lower left half under the cabinet in our CC36 ckts. Has anyone tried adjusting the tv to come up another inch? It is hard to use the remote.
I know wah, wah! But you have to stand right in front of the tv or from the recliners raise your arm as high as you can.
Also what use is having a remote for the stereo if it doesn't work through the glass? Heck, you can't read it with the glass either.
Sewhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 01:06 PM   #2

Have the exact same issue with my CC36 ckts. I think it can be fixed by trimming shorting the bushing stop on the top of threaded rod elevator gear. Take a look in rear while raising TV up to stop position. I know it's a wah, wah issue but I want what I want. They call it a remote for a reason. I'll let you know how it works out for me.
robbymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 02:19 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbymac View Post
Have the exact same issue with my CC36 ckts. I think it can be fixed by trimming shorting the bushing stop on the top of threaded rod elevator gear. Take a look in rear while raising TV up to stop position. I know it's a wah, wah issue but I want what I want. They call it a remote for a reason. I'll let you know how it works out for me.
Have the same wah

I haven't cut the bushing on the elevator yet... but agree... that is the easiest fix.
Old 04-20-2014, 06:41 PM   #4
Certified Curmudgeon

They must have changed the mount since the late 2012's were built or they simply are not setting them up correctly. If I recall correctly, there is a stop/limit switch on the motor to worm gear assembly that cuts the power when the TV is at it's high or low point. You can access that by removing the fireplace. 4 square drive screws are all that hold it in. As for the glass doors ... I had both sides off after the first outing. Screw holes were not noticeable after my DW "Old Englished" them. Velcro'd the Wii to the top of the DVD/Stereo and never had a problem.
Old 04-21-2014, 06:21 AM   #5
Wayne & Kim

I had the same problem. Went to Amazon and found IR Hidden Infrared Remote Extender Receiver Emitter Repeater System Amazon.com: IR Hidden Infrared Remote Extender Receiver Emitter Repeater System: Electronics

I mounted one part on the frame of the cabinet near the TV sensor, ran wire down to near the stereo and mounted the other pert there. All double sided tape, pretty clean install. Works very well for me

If I had the glass door for stereo, I removed it and don't use it now.

2014 Cedar Creek 36CKTS
2011 Ford F250 King Ranch 4x2 Diesel, added springs
Nights camped: 2014 - 32; 2013 - 23
Wayne & Kimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 06:18 PM   #6

I had the same issue. If you remove the fireplace, you can see the black cross member that is held in with four Phillips screws. The vertical aluminum bars have pre-drilled holes. Just move the black bar down one set of holes. Because I can now see under the TV, I plan on attaching some black fabric to the bottom backside of the TV. About a six inch piece across the back should work.

Don