Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-28-2020, 08:31 PM   #1

Hathaway Bedroom slide stuck!

2018 Hathaway.

Our bedroom slide refused to open. The top of the slide would not move. The bottom came out about 10”. The top never moved.

The DW and I stood in the bedroom and rocked the slide as the motor turned. The slide reluctantly went out with help.

What is wrong? Need help. 10# of Vaseline spread around?
tomkatb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 06:12 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomkatb View Post
2018 Hathaway.

Our bedroom slide refused to open. The top of the slide would not move. The bottom came out about 10”. The top never moved.

The DW and I stood in the bedroom and rocked the slide as the motor turned. The slide reluctantly went out with help.

What is wrong? Need help. 10# of Vaseline spread around?
I assume that you have hydraulic slides. Have not encountered that specific situation where the bottom came up and the top didn't. I have had situations where the slides won't come in. Also have had where the slides will come out going down the road. That has been because of bad valve and cylinders.

Where you level at the time, which I have heard may cause problems if you aren't? Did you try bringing the slide back in and then try to extend it again to see if the problem still exists? It may have just been a stuck seal if it had been stored for a while outside.

2018 Cedar Creek 36CK2 (40.5ft)
TST Cap System (Tire Monitoring)
2021 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab 4X4 DRW Duramax (replaced 2015 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab 4X4 Duramax)
Curt A25 5th Wheel Hitch (replaced Demco 18K Auto-slide)
LittleBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 06:36 PM   #3
CCRVOC

I believe it's most likely the slide topper. We had the same type problem, not as bad as yours though. I had to push the top of the bedroom slide out while pressing the extend button on the remote.

Guess who fixed it for us... Yep Orvin.
HenryL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 07:12 PM   #4

What did Orvin do to loosen up the slide. Henry.

Sounds like our issue.

I wonder about waxing the outside of the slide.
tomkatb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 12:27 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomkatb View Post
What did Orvin do to loosen up the slide. Henry.
Sounds like our issue.

I wonder about waxing the outside of the slide.
You might be able to call and talk to Orvan about it. He may be able to give you some quick help.

I have taken my 2018 36Ck2 to Orvan twice and he has done exceptional work on my unit, both warranty work and enhancements. I have had problems on the road, where I have called him and he has helped me get through the situation I was having at the time. He is roughly 140 miles from me and well worth the trip. He is super easy to work with. I haven't had mine back to the dealer, since I started going to Orvan. Cedar Creeks are his specialty.

2018 Cedar Creek 36CK2 (40.5ft)
TST Cap System (Tire Monitoring)
2021 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab 4X4 DRW Duramax (replaced 2015 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab 4X4 Duramax)
Curt A25 5th Wheel Hitch (replaced Demco 18K Auto-slide)
LittleBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 08:57 AM   #6
CCRVOC

I'm not sure what he did exactly. I wasn't there. I think it had something to do with the internal spring/springs, and he removed a slat from the metal covering on the topper.
HenryL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 02:01 AM   #7

tomkatb - I am currently having the EXACT same problem. Orvan, and I can't see him until July 2021, told me to push it out at the top. So, we now carry a large push broom, and wife hits slide out button, I push hard on the slide top until it gets past the stuck point....and then the slide comes out fine. It comes in fine.

Be very careful, as if you let it get to unbalance you can do some damage to your bed pedistal....how do I know.

The factory has been NO help as far as paying for a faulty product. Orvan told me they are going back to the old style - toppers with no metal caps. He also has been replacing other CC units that have had the same problem. Ours is a 2019.

Good Luck - and push hard.
USN 76-82
Retired Dept of Navy: Navy/USMC Flt Test Engineer
Splashes3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, bedroom, bedroom slide, roo, slide