Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-26-2020, 09:34 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim-Nancy-C View Post
There is a town called ALASKA in Michigan near Grand Rapids. That is probably where he is from.
Could also be from Hell Michigan ???
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 10:15 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine 1945 View Post
Could also be from Hell Michigan ???
That's the other side of the state. Good place to stop and eat though...
S.E. Mich. Flagstaff 26FKWS / 2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost SCrew Propride
SailorSam20500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 03:23 PM   #23

Dennis, I just traded in my Cedar Creek 37 RTH for a Berkshire motorhome. I owned the 5th wheel for 2 years. We had issues from the factory but the dealership handled them all (Northern RV in Michigan). That was our first 5th wheel which we really enjoyed with the added living space. A few drawbacks; no generator, light switches in crazy locations, and dual air controls a big pain. Good luck with your new unit, I am sure you will enjoy it. We received many compliments. Craig
craigsmopars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 02:54 PM   #24

I still don’t see where to log on But I did see a reply tab
Dear dan I purchased this 37’RTH in July of 2018 I don’t know how you got 19
But wow !! I’m so happy I got someone to respond Can you actually help me ?
I’ll wait for your reply before I say anymore Do you have any questions for me so far ?
Dennis Noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 03:24 PM   #25
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Noble View Post
I still don’t see where to log on But I did see a reply tab
Dear dan I purchased this 37’RTH in July of 2018 I don’t know how you got 19
But wow !! I’m so happy I got someone to respond Can you actually help me ?
I’ll wait for your reply before I say anymore Do you have any questions for me so far ?
Dennis, you are logged on already - else you wouldn't be able to make this post. Here's where I got 19... it's from your initial post where you wrote "I bought a new Cedar Creek 5th wheel
In July of 2019". See that?
Yes, you have had double-digits of responses... but as you can see, members gave up on you.

To be clear, this is not a Forest River owned website. See this line at the bottom of most full site pages:
Disclaimer:
This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Members of this forum can give advice/suggestions and ask questions but we can't fix your issues.
Stay engaged in this thread you initiated and take the suggestions you can use.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 08:55 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
Dennis, you are logged on already - else you wouldn't be able to make this post. Here's where I got 19... it's from your initial post where you wrote "I bought a new Cedar Creek 5th wheel
In July of 2019". See that?
Yes, you have had double-digits of responses... but as you can see, members gave up on you.

To be clear, this is not a Forest River owned website. See this line at the bottom of most full site pages:
Disclaimer:
This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Members of this forum can give advice/suggestions and ask questions but we can't fix your issues.
Stay engaged in this thread you initiated and take the suggestions you can use.

Thank you for this response
Sorry it took so long to respond
I’m slow on this tech stuff I’m trying to learn how to navigate it
I hope I haven’t already ticked ppl off
I m happy to hear from anyone who may have some info I could use
I’m also more then happy to assist in any way I can I’m good with tools and have repaired Rvs for many years
Thank you again Dennis Noble
Old 06-05-2020, 08:58 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigsmopars View Post
Dennis, I just traded in my Cedar Creek 37 RTH for a Berkshire motorhome. I owned the 5th wheel for 2 years. We had issues from the factory but the dealership handled them all (Northern RV in Michigan). That was our first 5th wheel which we really enjoyed with the added living space. A few drawbacks; no generator, light switches in crazy locations, and dual air controls a big pain. Good luck with your new unit, I am sure you will enjoy it. We received many compliments. Craig

Thanks Craig glad to hear it worked out well for you Dennis Noble
Old 06-05-2020, 09:20 PM   #28
Site Team

Quote:
I’m also more then happy to assist in any way I can I’m good with tools and have repaired Rvs for many years
You're OK. Now that posts have been made to this thread, it will sort to the top of date sorted lists - so maybe you'll get more inputs.
I made the date edit in your Original Post that you requested via Private Message.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 10:30 PM   #29

Quote:
Dennis glad you are OK. Have you given any thought about taking your unit to Orvan at Amish Family RV to get your repairs done? He is your best in getting things corrected and done right. Well worth the time to take it to him. I'm taking mine over to him in 2 weeks. Let us know how it goes.

2018 Cedar Creek 36CK2 (40.5ft)
TST Cap System (Tire Monitoring)
2021 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab 4X4 DRW Duramax (replaced 2015 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab 4X4 Duramax)
Curt A25 5th Wheel Hitch (replaced Demco 18K Auto-slide)
LittleBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 08:57 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBill View Post
Dennis glad you are OK. Have you given any thought about taking your unit to Orvan at Amish Family RV to get your repairs done? He is your best in getting things corrected and done right. Well worth the time to take it to him. I'm taking mine over to him in 2 weeks. Let us know how it goes.

See ya there LittleBill, mine will be at Orvins on the 17th all day.
2020 Cedar Creek Hathaway 34IK, Reese 19K Sidewinder PB.
Daycruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 12:18 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilhouettePenny View Post
Sorry to hear about your troubles...what support have you received from your selling/servicing dealer? Have they had an opportunity to address your concerns? Please keep us informed of your progress.

Sorry it took so long I’m learning how to use this app
To answer Yes the international RV world dealer in bay city has had my unit in about 6 times I normally have to return in a week cuz they ordered the wrong parts They have rigged fix’s that I’m not happy about They told me they don’t know how to fix the brakes etc
Thank you for responding. I’m still waiting on 29 more repairs with 32 book hrs approved by CC
Old 06-07-2020, 12:19 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtPutnam View Post
Welcome from SoCal!

Thanks From Dennis Noble
Old 06-07-2020, 12:21 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by travlinon View Post
Are you living in Florida? Where did you buy your Creek from? The factory has always treated me great. A lot of times it’s the dealers fault

Yes the dealer has given me misinformation and work quality is not high
Old 06-07-2020, 12:23 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by travlinon View Post
How is it 9 months over your 12 months warranty? You brought the Creek In July of 2019

Sorry typo should say 18.
Old 06-07-2020, 12:26 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowrideHD View Post
If you are back in Michigan or headed back soon, you may as well call Orvan at Amish Family RV in Topeka, Indiana. (260) 593-0951
His shop can fix every one of your problems. You'll have to talk to them about how they are currently dealing with warranty coverage.

Thank you I’ll call
Old 06-07-2020, 12:28 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
I think he means 9 months is now gone in the first warranty year.

Sorry a typo Should say bought in 2018. July
Old 06-07-2020, 12:34 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinh View Post
Hello Dennis. It is good to hear from another RTH owner. I also have a 2019 and have had very few issues with it. That said, you should know by now that this model is somewhat unique and there are not a lot of them around. When I needed service, there was not a dealer within 300 miles of my location who had sold one. I recently spoke with the service manager of a dealership which was recommended by the warranty service of Forrest River. He said he had never actually seen one. If you do not have a local dealer who is qualified and willing to fix it then you have to make some choices. Take it somewhere else that FR has approved to do warranty work, or pay an RV service shop to do it, possibly at your own expense. You might want to look at the bigger picture. In 6 months, you will have less options. Remember, you did not buy a truck that had a warranty that can be forced by the factory. You bought a house, and yes it has wheels, but the factory cannot force the dealer to fix it. So if you use the camper, it will have problems from time to time, like anything house that does 60 mph thru a hurricane during an earthquake, and you will either have to pay to get it repaired or learn how to fix it, just like you do your brick and mortar home. For me, the cost of moving mine over 300 miles to a dealer qualified to fix it and then go back and get, far exceeded the cost of paying a local RV service to fix it. Yeah, the warranty should have covered it, but not the expense of taking it to and from the dealer. I bought the parts, and fixed it myself. Its ultimately your house, and your responsibility, and your choice. Now get some popcorn cause there is going to be a lot of different opinions.

Thank you for commenting But for 70, k I think I should have at least one day that all items work I have not had that
CC has extended my warranty until these items are repaired Mostly the brakes that worry us
Old 06-07-2020, 12:38 PM   #38

Quote:
As SlowrideHD says definitely give Orvan a call. He is that good and basically only works on CC's. Tough to get in as everybody across the nation brings their's to him. His hands have been tied recently on getting some warranty work done, but he is a very honest man and will try to do the right thing. He can get you in and out a lot quicker then your dealer ever will. Generally he is able to do in two days where your dealer would take two months.

I live in Illinois and was lucky that FR assigned Orvan to do some factory warranty work on my unit. Got it to him in November to do the 36 warranty issues and 18 enhancements, which one was adding a step going from living area to bedroom. He did all this in less than a week. The man is good and worth waiting to get into.

To my understanding, there is a new warranty manager at CC and Orvan has to work differently in getting warranty parts. When mine was in, he was able to go to the factory and get a replacement entry door and screen. He also replaced the front cap which (no fault on my dealer) my dealer won't have replaced, only puttied up the two holes and repainted the cap which wouldn't have corrected the real problem as the front cap was not set back far enough. My dealer is good and tries hard, but they don't have the expertise that Orvan has. I have mine scheduled to go to Amish Family RV in May and again in November.

Depending on where you live in Michigan, it may be not that bad of a trip to Orvan's. He is about 3 hours from me whereas my dealer is only about 1/2 hour. Well worth the two trips, one to drop off and one to pick up, unless he can get it done in a day. But he likes to start at 6 am EST, which is why I will drop off a day or two before my appointment. I'm on CST and would have to leave around 1 am to get there by 6 am.

Call him and good luck.

Thank you your story was good to read
Old 06-07-2020, 12:41 PM   #39

Quote:
I would agree that if he is from Alaska that would be too far to travel, but the Title on his first post says he is from Michigan. He will have to let us know more precisely where he is really from.

Thank you I had no idea it said I was from Alaska! My fault I’m sure
I’m from Michigan in summer Florida in winter These ppl sound like they like the Amish guy
Old 06-07-2020, 12:44 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4garylee View Post
I have a 2019 37RTH as well and yes there are issues. We took ours to Orvin ASAP after our lower level flooded do to the faulty ice maker part which i do believe that FR/CC has issued a recall on. We were one of the first that was found as an issue with Orvin persistence with CC. We had about 11 pages of issues that needed to be addresed and after all that we are even more in love with our RTH!

Its worth the trip in all seriousness.

Thank you I’m calling the Amish guy