Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2012, 10:22 PM   #1

How much can you lower the front jacks?

We have a 2011 Silverback 35RE that has electronic front leveling jacks. When we were shown how to set this up at the dealer they said to put wood blocks under the jacks and not to raise them very high. It seems that we have to use 4 blocks of wood each time, even on fairly level sites, to not have to extend the jacks past the mark the service man suggested. Is this correct? We have seen other Fifth wheels on the same level sites not use any wood blocks, just extend the levels a long way down. How do we know how far we should extent these?
capriskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:44 PM   #2

correct me if i'm wrong, but my understanding was that... the less you have to extend your stabilizers the more stable the unit is(?)

at any rate, I have the scissor style stabilizers and I put a cinder block under each one, if nothing else I don't have to raise/lower them near as much
2011: 365
2012: 365
Fulltimers
viperjpm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:47 PM   #3
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by capriskier View Post
We have a 2011 Silverback 35RE that has electronic front leveling jacks. When we were shown how to set this up at the dealer they said to put wood blocks under the jacks and not to raise them very high. It seems that we have to use 4 blocks of wood each time, even on fairly level sites, to not have to extend the jacks past the mark the service man suggested. Is this correct? We have seen other Fifth wheels on the same level sites not use any wood blocks, just extend the levels a long way down. How do we know how far we should extent these?
Your title says you want to know how far you can raise the front leveling jacks, but the bulk of your question is about how far can you lower the jacks.

Assuming you want to know how far you can lower the front jacks, I have a 2012 Silverback 29rk without the electronic jacks, but I will lower the front jacks until I see the outer strut start to extend and then I pull the locking pins and lower the inner strut manually until they are about 1-2" from the ground and then reinsert the pins in the inner strut just below the outer strut.
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:17 PM   #4

I should have stated that we want to know how far we can "lower" the front jacks.
Thanks for your replies.
capriskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:51 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by capriskier View Post
I should have stated that we want to know how far we can "lower" the front jacks.
Thanks for your replies.
Thread title edited.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote