Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2016, 01:40 PM   #61

You've gotten a lot of good advise on the management of your trailer so I won't address those issues but I have some advise on the carpet. I have 5 dogs (2 seniors and 2 puppies) so I have a little experience with carpet stains. I would use an enzyme destroying product (I use nature's miracle) on the carpet. clean up as much as you can with a wet rag - I also put a little dawn dish detergent on the rag and I also scrub the spot so the detergent gets all the way down. Saturate the spot with the nature's miracle and cover with a clean towel. It may take a couple of days to dry out the spot (and if really bad may need a couple of treatments) but this should take out all of the stain and the odor. Prayers for your husband and best of luck. Cincia

Chevy Express 3500 van
Palomino Solaire 251RBSS
Wherever you go, go with all your heart.
Old 12-05-2016, 08:40 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
Attachment 126189....Black tank

DH wants to know where to buy this. We haven't seen it around here.
Old 12-05-2016, 08:45 PM   #63
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Hold on.....I'll see if there's an y info on bottle...product of Super Seal Specialty Co., Inc...toll free number 1 888 299 2136 or 760 343 2229....My RV dealer handles it...
Old 12-05-2016, 08:47 PM   #64
Left Coast

I'll try posting a pic of the back of bottle....Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161205_184700385.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	126238
Old 12-05-2016, 08:48 PM   #65
Left Coast

Been using it since 2012... Works for me
Old 12-05-2016, 08:49 PM   #66
Left Coast

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161205_184920278.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	126239
Old 12-05-2016, 08:52 PM   #67
Left Coast

Might try googling that co.
Old 12-05-2016, 08:53 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
Might try googling that co.

Thank you
Old 12-05-2016, 08:53 PM   #69
Left Coast

You bet...
Old 12-05-2016, 09:18 PM   #70

If he is upset that black tank mixed with the grey tank. Not to say what is right or what can happen if both valves are open. I work on pipelines but never see what can happen inside of them if valves are left over. To ease his mind ask if he wants the grey tank filled and/or any additive (pinesol or bleach or soap) and then dumped. The additive would need to go in first and then fill till it in or close to shower and dump. This has calmed down some of the most anal guys I've ever seen if their wife needed to dump and it wasn't their standard way. No argument for anyone just personal experiences and yes I was one and if it bothers me I will fill the tank taking showers and water softener but I have learned there are things not to worry about if you are not there.
Old 12-05-2016, 10:57 PM   #71
Sunseeker 2400MBW

https://www.amazon.com/Piranha-Holdi.../dp/B00ZPR7A60

Amazon, might have to try this.
Old 12-05-2016, 11:07 PM   #72

Thank you all. My husband had a heart cath today. Two stents were placed and one area of "concern" was not touched because of its location and consultation with a heart surgeon. They are just going to watch the area closely. Hopefully DH gets discharged tomorrow. Thank you all again! It means the world to me to have a welcoming place to ask questions.
Old 12-05-2016, 11:08 PM   #73
Left Coast

We're always here...
Old 12-06-2016, 12:46 AM   #74

I wouldn't worry about the gray tank/black tank thing. Just make sure both valves are shut. You're living in the trailer so the gray tank is accumulating soapy water.

You may wish to drain the gray tank only to flush out any black contents that may have gotten into it, and to flush out the sewer hose. If you drain the gray tank before it's full, you'll have plenty of time to accumulate more before you need it to flush the sewer hose after draining the black tank.

We all learned what we know about our RVs by doing the tasks a few times and learning from mistakes. Some of those mistakes require costly repairs. Yours don't.

Camping nights: 2021, 52; 2022, 99; 2023, 88; 2024, TBD (Est: 80+)

Old 12-06-2016, 08:50 AM   #75

Send a message via MSN to Tiggerdad
Quote:
Originally Posted by kway View Post
DH wants to know where to buy this. We haven't seen it around here.
Question for those who use this kind of stuff. What good does it do if you drain when needed and flush prior to storage?

IMO,you don't need that stuff. thousands of owners use nothing but water and then a deodorizer bought in the RV section of Wal Mart if it is being stored. You can buy enzyme treatment at Home Depot or Lowe's. Wal-Mart has it in their section where Drano and other stuff is shelved that says it is good for septic tanks.

2013 Crusader 330 MKS
2013 Chevrolet Silverado LT 2500 D/A
Old 12-06-2016, 09:02 AM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by kway View Post
Thank you all. My husband had a heart cath today. Two stents were placed and one area of "concern" was not touched because of its location and consultation with a heart surgeon. They are just going to watch the area closely. Hopefully DH gets discharged tomorrow. Thank you all again! It means the world to me to have a welcoming place to ask questions.
Don't know his age, but at age 56 I too had TWO stents put in after an L.A.D. heart attack. Lucky to be here. BUT, 12 years later I'm fine and do anything I used to do (just not as long, get out of breath). Life is good. I am overweight and need to fix that, but I was in great shape for about 2 years after the heart attack. Then I sort of let it all go.

My point is that he has escaped a bad deal, apparently, but he can be fine. I know you're scared, my wife still will hardly let me go off into the woods or go fishing alone....which I still do anyway!

These guys here will teach you anything you need to know about trailers. 7 months ago I knew nothing. Now I can actually function (a little)! LOL

Hope you have a blessed Christmas.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
Old 12-06-2016, 09:06 AM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggerdad View Post
Question for those who use this kind of stuff. What good does it do if you drain when needed and flush prior to storage?

IMO,you don't need that stuff. thousands of owners use nothing but water and then a deodorizer bought in the RV section of Wal Mart if it is being stored. You can buy enzyme treatment at Home Depot or Lowe's. Wal-Mart has it in their section where Drano and other stuff is shelved that says it is good for septic tanks.
I learned a LOT about black tanks recently when mine dumped all over the Dealer's repair parking lot! Took it in for slide repair and while standing there, the black tank started pouring 'stuff' all over the ground.

This was 6 hours (of highway travel time only) after I had dumped, and flushed it FIVE times. We had a bad smell and I thought I was cleaning it out. Turned out a piece was broken between tank and dump valve/tube, and leaking out there.

My point is that even after flushing it five times (broken piece or not), 'stuff' still was all in that tank. There is NO way to clean them out that I know of, short of sending "Stuff-Eating Ferrets" down into the tank!! Even then, I think you'd have to leave them there 3 weeks.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
Old 12-06-2016, 09:16 AM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
Don't know his age, but at age 56 I too had TWO stents put in after an L.A.D. heart attack. Lucky to be here. BUT, 12 years later I'm fine and do anything I used to do (just not as long, get out of breath). Life is good. I am overweight and need to fix that, but I was in great shape for about 2 years after the heart attack. Then I sort of let it all go.

My point is that he has escaped a bad deal, apparently, but he can be fine. I know you're scared, my wife still will hardly let me go off into the woods or go fishing alone....which I still do anyway!

These guys here will teach you anything you need to know about trailers. 7 months ago I knew nothing. Now I can actually function (a little)! LOL

Hope you have a blessed Christmas.

He's 49. Definitely a wake up call.
Old 12-06-2016, 10:16 AM   #79

You can get Piranha at Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/SUPERSEAL-Pir...iranha+rv+tank

Everyone has their own Biologic favorite for the black tank (DO NOT waste this stuff on your gray tank - it's not needed)

We prefer RVDigestit - less expensive than Piranha and IMHO works better:

https://www.amazon.com/Unique-Natura...rds=RVDigestit

In fact you can get just about anything you need at Amazon and they drop ship to campgrounds so Amazon will rapidly become your new best friend!
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
Old 12-06-2016, 10:20 AM   #80
Left Coast

I can guarantee you I didn't pay Amazon's price...and as this trailer is being used now, I only need to drain black tank every 5 weeks...and I can look into tank...so the stuff I've been using is working just fine...
Closed Thread

Tags
winter