Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-30-2017, 10:28 PM   #21

Thanks for all of the replies. I have been in touch with the dealer who seems to think it will be covered by my extended warranty and that he should be able to get the work done within the next ten days. Just waiting to connect with them again to confirm this. Unfortunately, I was out when they called today and by the time I picked up their VM it was too late to call. Should have some more news on Wednesday.

Looks like they will also replace the source of my water leak too. This was a fractured 'whatchmacallit' connected to the black tank water spray supply. Apparently, it is supposed to prevent having to winterize the black tank cleaning spray - but they are known to fail.

Richard & Diane
2014 Cedar Creek 38FL
2016 F350 Lariat CC DRW
Retired Metropolitan Police (UK)
Hutch333id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 10:42 PM   #22

Hyd Hose.

I would get rid of the synflex hose and use wire braided hyd hose.
martin73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 07:19 PM   #23

Well, that was a relief. All booked in for the dealership to replace the hydraulic hose and 'the other thing' (which turned out to be a vacuum breaker for the blank tank flush. Everything covered by warranty and the RV will be ready to use before we'd planned to go away in it again.

As many of you indicated, there are several possible reason for the hose to 'balloon' like it did, all of which appear to be beyond my level of control. It does make me wonder what the hoses are like elsewhere though - places I cannot easily see.

Thanks again for the replies.

Have a great summer.

Richard & Diane
2014 Cedar Creek 38FL
2016 F350 Lariat CC DRW
Old 05-31-2017, 09:32 PM   #24
Just as confused as you

I don't know how the hydraulic systems are set up on the RV's. There should be a way to bleed the pressure off the hoses without having to crack the lines loose. May disconnect the wires from the motor, then working the valves either by hand or by the directional switch. After relieving the pressure then you could run your fingers along the hoses, feeling for irregularities. The hoses should not have bumps or wrinkles.

Check the hoses carefully in case they have steel wire braiding in them. When the wires break they are as sharp as sewing needles. Hope I gave you some ideas.
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 06:48 AM   #25

I am on my 3rd 5th wheel and have had this issue on the previous 2 but so far but so far not this one. In both previous cases for peace of mind I had them all replaced with industrial hoses made up at the local NAPA shop. No problems after that. It's a bit of an investment but having those things leak in hidden places can make one heck of a mess.
Old 06-21-2017, 12:54 PM   #26

I would have asked the DW to lance it for me! [emoji41]
mbbutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 03:22 PM   #27

Well that was a blessing. I picked up the RV from the dealerships last week and they have replaced the OEM hydraulic hose with an industrial strength hose which now works great. The hydraulic slides have never worked so well. They also replaced the vacuum breaker for the black tank rinse and everything was covered by the extended warranty - the the tune of nearly $1200 (Cdn). We're now over in Ontario and guess what, the Swchintek electric slide on the drivers side has decided to stop working! Darn. If it isn't one thing it's another. It worked the first couple of nights but now won't budge - even after trying the manual override on the control box. Fortunately, I've managed to contact a repair location in Barrie who can take a look at it in the middle of next week. Again, this is covered by the warranty - I had a similar problem a couple of years ago on the other side of the rig.

Richard & Diane
2014 Cedar Creek 38FL
2016 F350 Lariat CC DRW

Tags
hydraulic