Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-17-2019, 08:11 PM   #1

Hydraulic Issue

Have a 2016 33 IK and when leaving campground this morning, as i was extending front landing gear to hook up bedroom slide moved out some. After hooking up and retracting front rams bedroom slide went back in. So when arriving at home unhooking put in auto level as rams were extending bedroom slide extended again on front rams and both opposing slides extended as rear jacks were leveling. By the time jacks were level all slides were fully extended checked to make sure slide switch was in off mode and it was. Checked battery and battery was good even under load. This happened once before couple of years ago but it was only bedroom slide that was moving and found the battery was dead. Since then i keep a battery tender always on when camper is in storage or at campsite. Very weird, any ideas where to start looking for problem. Thanks foor any input.
Old 06-18-2019, 08:30 AM   #2
Commercial Member

Gitiup,

We would be happy to assist you with your 2016 Cedar Creek Silverback Edition. Because your ongoing satisfaction is very important to us, we invite you to contact Nick Schrock in our Customer service department through the following personalized and direct link: Forest River RV Direct Service Contact - Forest River, Inc..

This direct link is provided for your convenience in order that we may resolve your concerns as quickly as possible. We will strive to respond to you within 24 hours of receiving your correspondence.

Respectfully,
Forest River
ES_FR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 11:53 AM   #3

We had a similar issue on our 2019 Sandpiper on it's third time out. Two valves in the system failed which caused the same situation you describe.
cstreu1026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 08:01 PM   #4

Thanks for the response, I thought maybe it might have an isolation valve between the systems. But your probably spot on.
Old 06-18-2019, 08:04 PM   #5

I did email Nick at Forrest River from their reply on this forum. I will let everyone know what solutions i find out.
Old 06-21-2019, 09:22 AM   #6

I had a similar issue once on my 2016, 34RL Cedar Creek. The bed room slide would extend when the hydraulic legs were either extended or retracted.

Being a hydraulic engineer, I know this was incorrect and there was an issue. I started checking all of the switches in the service bay (driver side) to see if they were in the off position or not. They were all correctly position, I than started to look at the flow solenoids to see if one had failed. At this time my DW asked me what I was doing. So, I explained the issue and showed her how the bed room slide would move if a raised or lowered the hydraulic stabilizers.

She than stated when she put the slides in before leaving for home, she turned off the slide switch in the control panel. This switch is next to the slide in/out switch in the control panel for lights, awning, tank monitoring and slide room operation.
I would check and see if this switch has been turned off by accident, After I turned this on again the bedroom slide nor any other slide would move if the hydraulic stabilizers were raised or lowered.

Sorry for the long explanations but details sometimes help!

Tags
hydraulic