Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-20-2020, 07:28 PM   #1

Hydraulic Slides Won't Go In-Cedar Creek

We have a 2012 Cedar Creek 5th wheel camper with 3 slide outs. I extended them completely out and now we can not get them to go in. When you push the button inside the camper there is not even a click. We have checked wiring on the hydraulic side but there are so many wires that we don't know what goes to what. Any help would be appreciated as the slides are now out and we can't get them to go in so we can even get it somewhere to have it looked at.
Penny75
Penny75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 07:44 AM   #2

Check inside your front bay on the right side there is a curved sheet of plastic, behind it there are some small re-settable breakers you might have to re-set, it is very small. Hopefully someone can post a picture of it but at least you have a place to start.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 08:22 AM   #3

Push the little black button on the end.
Name:   619ai7RMLRL._AC_SY355_.jpeg
Views: 3933
Size:  18.4 KB
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 08:41 AM   #4

That's also a symptom of the hydraulic pump Solenoid going bad.
2020 Cedar Creek Hathaway 34IK, Reese 19K Sidewinder PB.
Daycruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 08:55 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daycruiser View Post
That's also a symptom of the hydraulic pump Solenoid going bad.
Yep, but check the easy stuff first. Batteries, blade fuses, resettable circuit breakers.
Old 07-21-2020, 02:17 PM   #6

If you do not hear the motor running then it is the breakers, They are really hard to see the first time, The breakers are in pairs so most probably 2 are tripped. They trip when the battery gets low
denville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 03:45 PM   #7
Retired Member

My original 50 amp auto reset breaker went bad after about 1.5 years. FR suggested I replace with 80 amp. So far no more problems.
RMWSierra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 10:51 PM   #8

If your battery voltage is too low, you may first have to recharge the batteries after checking that your breakers don't need resetting, or hook up to shore power or generator to increase voltage as a process of elimination of the problem being a low voltage one.
Old 07-24-2020, 08:28 AM   #9

Slides Won't Come in-2012 Cedar Creek 5th Wheel

Thank you for all your information. We have tried the following:

Checked voltage to all switches
Pushed both reset buttons, then the switch made a clicking noise but the slides didn't move.
Tried to manually over-ride the system as shown in hydraulic manual, nothing happened

My husband talked with a service person and he told him to put a battery pack on the hydraulic pump and he said all that did was drain the battery pack(?) We then tried jumper cables and that didn't do anything but make the pump hot.

The service person originally told us that he thought it was the solenoid but my husband is leery to try to change it.

As it sits, the slides are still out and we have an on-sight service person coming that really isn't sure what is wrong. This concerns us as he is coming from 2 hours away and really hasn't given us any idea what he thinks is wrong.

Any other suggestions, I keep asking my husband if the battery level is up and he says "yes". We have the camper plugged into a 30 amp plug-in here at our house.

Thank you,
Penny75
Penny75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 08:36 AM   #10

None of that sounds very good. I would say your best bet is the mobile tech at this point.
I wouldn't worry that the tech won't tell you what he thinks is wrong, how could he? He hasn't inspected the unit yet.
Good luck and let us know the outcome.
Old 07-24-2020, 08:53 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
I wouldn't worry that the tech won't tell you what he thinks is wrong, how could he? He hasn't inspected the unit yet.
He may know exactly what’s wrong. I have learned to not feed too much information to customers over the phone when they call with plumbing problems. I usually know what’s wrong, but if I just gave away my four decades of experience for free over the phone to a customer, then headed out on a two-hour journey to take care of the problem, I would be pretty upset when the customer calls me 1-1/2 hours into my trip to tell me they fixed it themselves or “it’s (magically) not a problem anymore”. This type of thing happened too many times to me before I got smart.

Even when I do get to a customer‘s house and if I find the problem is something I can’t fix during that visit, I charge them the full amount for what the repair is going to cost when I return — not a deposit — the full cost. I do this because there had been too many times where I worked out the problem, described it to the customer and explained what I needed to do when I return, only to get a call from the customer to let me know that it just “fixed itself”, or they fixed it themselves, or they got their neighbor or Uncle Joe to fix it. I make sure I get my money for my efforts now.

Bruce
Old 07-24-2020, 09:21 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad297 View Post
He may know exactly what’s wrong. I have learned to not feed too much information to customers over the phone when they call with plumbing problems. I usually know what’s wrong, but if I just gave away my four decades of experience for free over the phone to a customer, then headed out on a two-hour journey to take care of the problem, I would be pretty upset when the customer calls me 1-1/2 hours into my trip to tell me they fixed it themselves or “it’s (magically) not a problem anymore”. This type of thing happened too many times to me before I got smart.

Even when I do get to a customer‘s house and if I find the problem is something I can’t fix during that visit, I charge them the full amount for what the repair is going to cost when I return — not a deposit — the full cost. I do this because there had been too many times where I worked out the problem, described it to the customer and explained what I needed to do when I return, only to get a call from the customer to let me know that it just “fixed itself”, or they fixed it themselves, or they got their neighbor or Uncle Joe to fix it. I make sure I get my money for my efforts now.

Bruce
Very good points and life experience!
Old 07-24-2020, 10:41 PM   #13

On my 2018 CC I can use a drill to drive the pump. If you go through the documentation for your hydraulic system it may have instruction on how to do that. You will need to take an allen wrench and open the proper solenoid for each slide.

After the mobile tech has finished the repairs, ask them to show you how to manually close the slides and raise the jacks, should this happen sometime while you are camping and need to leave the CG.

2018 Cedar Creek 36CK2 (40.5ft)
TST Cap System (Tire Monitoring)
2021 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab 4X4 DRW Duramax (replaced 2015 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab 4X4 Duramax)
Curt A25 5th Wheel Hitch (replaced Demco 18K Auto-slide)
LittleBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 07:15 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
Push the little black button on the end.Attachment 234424
Dude, this picture just saved me several hundreds of dollars. I live in Walsh Illinois, if you come into the area, drinks are on me
woodja72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 07:31 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodja72 View Post
Dude, this picture just saved me several hundreds of dollars. I live in Walsh Illinois, if you come into the area, drinks are on me
Glad it helped! Congrats on getting it going again.
Now check your batteries to ensure they are good. And if they are, and it keeps happening, go to any auto parts store and get a replacement for the resettable breaker.
Happy RVing!
And I'll always stop for a drink
Old 07-27-2020, 03:07 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodja72 View Post
This sort of thing is what this forum is all about.

Bruce

Tags
cedar creek, hydraulic, slide