Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-17-2020, 08:53 AM   #1

Hydraulic valves on 37 RTH

Ok I have to swallow my pride and ask for help with my 6 point level up and hydraulic slides,I’ll start at the beginning and try to make sense of my issue so in October we went to leave the campground on our last trip and the slides would not move or would the level up so I thought maybe battery issue or electrical issue of some kind after calling lippert and walking through all the common problems they thought it was a reset somewhere on the hydraulic system couldn’t find any tripped so I decided to just leave the Rv at the campground we were like 1 1/2 hours away so not a big deal so Monday I called and searched things I thought it may be but nothing so my last resort was to call a local Mobile RV guy and he came and couldn’t find anything either so we called lippert back and they told him how to check the hydraulic motor and come to find out it was bad so in the meanwhile they walked him through the process of running the slide outs in manually and the 6 point level up so after several calls and hours later I was on my way home with my New RV and the next day lippert sent me a new hydraulic motor at no charge and it was a month out of warranty and not cheap 900$ “thanks lippert “ so I installed the hydraulic motor and it worked fine but the issue now is the hydraulic valves need either replaced or adjusted , the reason I said in the beginning about swallowing my pride is because I’m pretty good at maintenance but this has got me stumped I know I probably need to take it to a shop this spring before my first trip out but hate to think about what the bill might be for labor no I haven’t reached out to the dealer about helping me with the cost I figured it wouldn’t help and they are 3 hours away we have 2 great RV shops in a 20 miles radius of my house so I guess what I’m asking has anyone ever dealt with hydraulic valves problems or should I reach out to cedar creek for help ? I know I said a lot in this topic but there’s a lot that I didn’t say as far as what we had to do to get the slides in manually the first time anyway any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks Jeff
Jobaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 09:59 AM   #2

First off do you have the Lippert manual for your hydraulic system.
If not here is a copy for the level up system.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/16...-Level-Up.html

Here is the slide room manual.https://www.manualslib.com/manual/15...ut-System.html

There is a trouble shooting guide on page 11, 12

These may help?

If not there is a master manual on the Lippert Site called Master Owner's Manual for slide-outs, located at https://support.lci1.com/master-owne...ual-slide-outs which is 75 pages long.
Let us know if this works out for you?
Old 12-17-2020, 03:32 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim34RL View Post
First off do you have the Lippert manual for your hydraulic system.
If not here is a copy for the level up system.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/16...-Level-Up.html

Here is the slide room manual.https://www.manualslib.com/manual/15...ut-System.html

There is a trouble shooting guide on page 11, 12

These may help?

If not there is a master manual on the Lippert Site called Master Owner's Manual for slide-outs, located at https://support.lci1.com/master-owne...ual-slide-outs which is 75 pages long.
Let us know if this works out for you?

Thanks Jim I just got to check my post I will check out both manuals
Thanks Jeff
Old 12-17-2020, 06:46 PM   #4

I would guess since you had the slides and landing gear moved in manually, the set screws in the end of the solenoids are still open. Locate the solenoids that Lippert walked you thru to get the slides to move manually. Using (I think) an 1/8" allen wrench ... seat the solenoid set screws fully counterclockwise. There is no (adjustment) on these valves ... they are either closed or open depending on if power is present or not to actuate the solenoid.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 09:12 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselguy View Post
I would guess since you had the slides and landing gear moved in manually, the set screws in the end of the solenoids are still open. Locate the solenoids that Lippert walked you thru to get the slides to move manually. Using (I think) an 1/8" allen wrench ... seat the solenoid set screws fully counterclockwise. There is no (adjustment) on these valves ... they are either closed or open depending on if power is present or not to actuate the solenoid.

I thought I did that but I still couldn’t get it to work independently the 6 point level up would come down slowly while the slides were coming out but after reading the manuals that I downloaded I did see something that I didn’t know about And I’ll have to go back and read it again to tell you exactly what it was,so all the valves should be shut off ? I have covered it up now for winter we had about 8 inches of snow yesterday but the next warm day I’ll get after it again,I have three white switches that I can cut on or off to move the slide outs individually I have to cut them off to get it to work about half

Tags
hydraulic, valve