Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-29-2019, 06:02 PM   #1

In.Command Question

Hi, All!

We finally brought home our 2020 34IK last night and I have question on the In.Command control center.

Has anyone disabled the annoying password function? I did...however, we have the coach in a locked barn, so for now it's okay 'safety' wise. I really like the In.Command except for that password function every time I want to turn on/off a light.

If we leave the password function disabled, can anyone 'out there' at whatever park we go to then start playing with our lights, etc. through THEIR phone app?

And on that note, has/does anyone really use the app and if so, do you think it's worth it to download and set up?

Just wondering what you all think on this issue...I can re-enable the password but it's such a pain EVERY time you want to turn on/off a light.

Thanks in advance for any comments/advice on this.

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8559.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	318.3 KB
ID:	200169  
“Hunt, fish, camp, travel, repeat”
Chillaxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 08:09 PM   #2

I wasn't aware that we could disable the password function, and you're right about being a little irritating, but some interior & exterior light functions are available at the bottom of the Display Commander screen without entering a password.

The app is neat when you first set it up but I find myself walking to the DC and performing the desired function before I even remember it's on my phone. If we're sitting outside and want to turn on the water heater then it's convenient, otherwise we don't use it much.

It won't bring me a beer or start cooking dinner and the vacuum function is not available via the Bluetooth Smart Phone.....but its still pretty dang cool.

He who dies with the most tools, wins!
SilhouettePenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 09:58 PM   #3

Thanks!

In our new unit, we can disable the password.

I know the the choices at the bottom of the screen can be turned on without the password, but sometimes, when we leave for dinner, we'd like to just leave on the island lights without lighting up the entire house. I know the hall light also comes on by regular, old fashioned switch.

Just curious if someone could actually make our lights/awning run with the app from their phone if we don't use the password. Not sure if we'll set up the app or not...thanks for the info on how you use yours!
Old 04-07-2019, 09:43 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilhouettePenny View Post
I wasn't aware that we could disable the password function, and you're right about being a little irritating, but some interior & exterior light functions are available at the bottom of the Display Commander screen without entering a password.

The app is neat when you first set it up but I find myself walking to the DC and performing the desired function before I even remember it's on my phone. If we're sitting outside and want to turn on the water heater then it's convenient, otherwise we don't use it much.

It won't bring me a beer or start cooking dinner and the vacuum function is not available via the Bluetooth Smart Phone.....but its still pretty dang cool.

Hey could you look in your menu and tell me how your water heater is setup? I get his momentary or latch option when I enable the water heater in the DC.
MikeRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 09:43 AM   #5

What’s the difference between the 19.5 year and the 2020?
Old 04-07-2019, 02:35 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRP View Post
Hey could you look in your menu and tell me how your water heater is setup? I get his momentary or latch option when I enable the water heater in the DC.
Sorry sir, no momentary or latch option on my DC. It simply gives me the option to turn on electric, gas or both. I'll check the menu again for you, I'm curious to learn also.

Old 04-09-2019, 06:39 PM   #7

Go in menu and see what you get when you disable the water heater button. That’s where I found it. My water heater button was not enabled. Thanks!
Old 04-09-2019, 08:40 PM   #8

Hey BYW beautiful setup!
Old 04-18-2019, 01:24 AM   #9

Hi! sorry long time no answer~

I have the 'gas/electric/both' option on the DC for the water heater...that's it. Water heater heats as it's supposed to no matter what I choose. It has a standard 'on/off' switch next to the DC panel also. The system was 'enabled' when we brought it home. We have a very thorough dealer who made sure everything worked before our walk through...

Difference between 19.5 and 2020 that we could "find" is price (dealer said we paid for a 19.5 and got the 'higher value' of a 2020 for 'free' (LOL)...in our case the MSRP sheet came in $5K higher). We have Franklin furniture in the living room (not sure if that was what we were supposed to have or if we were supposed to have Lazy Boy (?)...doesn't matter... it's nice and seems durable (ordered with the Cashmere fabric because we were warned about the peeling pleather by others). The exterior 'standard' color seems to lean more to 'off white' than the 'snow white' we saw on a 19.5 last fall.

Hope this answers what you wanted to know!
P.S. Have not and don't really plan to download the app for the DC.
Old 04-29-2019, 09:33 PM   #10

Just was reading the posts and decided to go outside and play with the In.Command app and my control panel on our new 34IK. Took me a few minutes to get the system and phone synced but once that was done the app worked great. Not sure how much I'll use it, but for putting out the slides or coming home to the trailer in the dark, it sure will be nice to turn on some lights before walking in from the truck. I looked and did not find a disable on my password, but I did set it for 30 minutes before the screen locks. I'm a new Cedar Creek owner and I sure enjoy reading the posts. I learn something new every time. Thanks
Oakcreeksky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 08:33 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRP View Post
Go in menu and see what you get when you disable the water heater button. That’s where I found it. My water heater button was not enabled. Thanks!
I may be slow, but I finally found the momentary/latch option on my InCommand Pro Series smartphone app. Don't know what it means but there it is. Can't replicate it on the DC though.

My water heater option was enabled also and after a recent trip i discovered that the water heater was still cooking on the electric option even though the DC water heater toggle was off. Had to go outside and turn it off at the access panel. Disappointing that we can't function from inside the coach.