Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-07-2020, 05:01 PM   #1

Inspection & Service

We take our RV once a year and have the place we bought it from going through everything including sealing the roof and seams if needed. We've asked for a checklist but not really sure how well they actually go through everything. So far no problems but again it would be much less concern if I knew the inspection would be the same as if it were there RV. Any suggestions, and or is it something any of you do on your own? I tried to find a checklist that if available, I might be able to do this myself. Also cleaning and waxing. So many recommendations I don't know what to use. Looks new except for the nose that sits in the sun. We live in Central Texas so thanks in advance for any ideas or suggestions.
TexasGolfBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 05:23 PM   #2

It kind of depends. You can do the inspections and sealing yourself with off the shelf products. You'd be more likely to spot changes in the seals, but you'd have to climb a ladder. If the cost is reasonable and you think they've done a good job, there's no reason to change.
Washing and waxing can be done with something like WashAll WaxAll which is a waterless process, but again, it's a matter of time and effort vs cost.
Old 09-22-2020, 09:48 AM   #3

McKinney Texas

I have to ask, where do you have your RV serviced? We purchased our keystone 5th wheel from Camping World and they have literally destroyed our TT. Their Insurance is replacing it with a new TT and extended warranty. We chose a Cedar Creek and hope to find an honest and reliable service and repair shop. Lastly, can another company do extended warranty repairs in lieu of CW? Had to ask.
Muddpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service