Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-18-2018, 11:30 PM   #1

Insulation

I have a 2018 silver back 37rl. Is it possible to increase the insulation in the underbelly? It is currently 30 or under and the floor gets very cold which I think contributes to the rv cooling fast. Any other insulation tips would be appreciated. My neighbor has wood trim covering the metal window frame on the inside. I also think that might make a difference. Thank you for the help.
bedelstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 07:00 AM   #2

You could remove the cloroplast underbelly and then remove the insulation and replace with any manner of things for additional insulation. I'd doubt it'd have much effect, but maybe it would.

When it was 18 at night here last month, our furnace kept the whole thing relatively warm. But I'm sure more insulation wouldn't hurt. I guess it depends on the grief to earnings ratio! How often do you camp in cold weather? Enough to justify all that work and expense? If so, go for it. I'd like to see pics of what you do, if you do it.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 07:25 AM   #3

THICK Wool rugs will be a big help.

Very hard to get ALL the cold entry points under most coaches.

2 layers of rug are even better than one,

Thermo wrapping the glass area , inside and outside is a big help , as are "warm shades" , that use magnetic stripes to help seal.

Warm Window Insulated Shade Lining 54"-Ivory | JOANN

JOANN Fabric and Craft Stores – Shop online | JOANN › Fabric › Home Decor Fabric › Shop All

Rating: 4.7 - ‎14 reviews - ‎$11.99 - ‎In stock
The Warm Company Warm Window Insulated Shade Lining Fabric combines fashion and function allowing you to decorate your home while you insulate. This lining keeps in up to 80% of heat normally lost through windows in winter, and blocks up to 79% of the unwanted solar heat providing a comfortable ambience within ...
FFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 09:12 AM   #4

Thank you
Old 02-19-2018, 10:23 AM   #5

Spray foam the whole underbelly and hope you never have to take it down is what we did.
Campingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 11:09 AM   #6

We had a 2002 Vanguard insulated with sprayfoam but holy c..p if you ever need to access anything or have a water leak somewhere.
I would not do it again and instead open the underbelly one panel at a time and fill it with bat insulation. If you have slide rails in the underbelly make sure you encase them in plastic pipe so no insulation get jammed in the gears. Make sure you seal access points for electrical, propane and others.
Cypressloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 11:16 AM   #7

Thank you

Tags
insulation