Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-20-2021, 06:07 PM   #1

Inverter in 2020 Cedar Creek 36ck2?

Hi all! We have a 2020 Cedar Creek 36ck2 with residential appliances. We've been told, and the manual shows, that there is an inverter for the DC refrigerator to run on AC while traveling or dry camping. We cannot locate this and need to get some instruction on how it works.
Any help will be so appreciated!
UPSdelivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 08:29 PM   #2

I am thinking that you have a residential A/C refrigerator and you are asking where the inverter is that inverts 12V from the batteries and your vehicle charge line to 120V to run the fridge. In our '18 36ck2, it is in the off door side compartment with the hydraulic reservoir.
DeanV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 09:58 AM   #3

Hi Dean and thanks for the reply! I am posting for my husband so pardon my AC to DC error. I told him what you said and now need further instruction. Is there a switch or something we need to do to get it to go to DC when we need that? We really appreciate the HELP!!
Old 01-21-2021, 10:51 AM   #4

Sometime the inverter in question is located in the docking station, but there should be a switch inside near where your controls are located plus on some there is also a switch on the inverter itself and BOTH need turned on. I am not sure what model inverter you have hopefully someone else might chime in with a little more info. Is your husband the UPS employee? I am a retired feeder driver with 37 years there but now almost 8 years retired. Good luck and keep us posted
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 12:01 PM   #5

Hi again Dean!! So great to hear from a fellow UPS'er!! We are BOTH retired pkg. car drivers!! We live in Washington state. The retirement has been way easier and so worth the time and years spent with UPS!! Both 30 years. Again thanks for the help with this!! so what is the "docking station"? Covid hit right after we got our fifth wheel and so we only went twice in 2020. Gene went out and looked and said it's not by the hydraulic reservoir. What does it look like and how do you get to it? Crazy to ask all of this but their manuals are pathetic and real people who have like equipment are the BEST information!!
Old 01-21-2021, 12:21 PM   #6

Sorry not Dean, retired here in De. 5 years preload the rest driving so I actually get 2 pensions, part time not much but almost cover my benefits so that's good.

Docking station is where your utilities are outside there might be a shelf the inverter sits on at the top, if not there look near where your batteries are. I do not have a Cedar Creek so not exactly sure where it is.
Old 01-21-2021, 12:23 PM   #7

Here is what we have.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2016072895110257.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	277.2 KB
ID:	246367  
Old 01-21-2021, 12:44 PM   #8

dblr....WOW!! That is quite the setup!!! Great to chat with another UPS'er!! Gene is going out to look at the places you mentioned. How does it work to use the DC when you need it? We drove from Washington state to Ohio and back to get our fifth wheel and made the entire trip in 5 days and that included the pick-up and crash course through the unit. I should have recorded the guy showing us but our minds were on over-drive by that time. There was a huge winter storm coming down the east coast so we were running to get out of there and back home. We really appreciate your help and any information is welcomed!!
Old 01-21-2021, 12:57 PM   #9

On our 2021 36CK2 the inverter is in the front storage compartment behind the thin black fold out panel on the right hand side. There is a button on the front of the inverter to turn it on and off. Tech support from the inverter company told me it's ok to leave it always turned on,even when hooked to shore power.
2019 Hemisphere GLX 273RL Sold
Teamster4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 01:07 PM   #10

This is a pic of a friends 2016 Cedar Creek. It's on the left side behind the main storage door. If you have a self leveling system, the gray box below the leveler control panel is the inverter. The battery is under the shelf the inverter is sitting on. In the background is the hydraulic pump & solenoids for the slides and leveling system.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20181004_183932 (1).jpg
Views:	136
Size:	119.3 KB
ID:	246369  
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 01:16 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamster4life View Post
On our 2021 36CK2 the inverter is in the front storage compartment behind the thin black fold out panel on the right hand side. There is a button on the front of the inverter to turn it on and off. Tech support from the inverter company told me it's ok to leave it always turned on,even when hooked to shore power.

X2 The area referenced above would be behind & under the hydraulic pump & reservoir that you see in my pic.
Old 01-21-2021, 01:16 PM   #12

Does the inverter only power the fridge?

2021 Cedar Creek Cottage 40CRS

Victron MultiPlus-II 12/3000/120-50 Solar installation
SacRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 01:19 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacRV View Post
Does the inverter only power the fridge?

I believe on my friends 2016....yes, just to keep the refrigerator powered during travel.
Old 01-21-2021, 01:19 PM   #14

OMG!! You guys are AWESOME!! Gene found it right where Teamsters4life said!! Great information from ALL of you guys!! Also so great seeing these fellow UPS'ers and teamsters! Is there a group to join for RV'ing with you guys? It would be great to meet up and share our funny career stories and experiences over a campfire and some wine!! Thanks everyone!!
Old 01-21-2021, 01:50 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanV View Post
I am thinking that you have a residential A/C refrigerator and you are asking where the inverter is that inverts 12V from the batteries and your vehicle charge line to 120V to run the fridge. In our '18 36ck2, it is in the off door side compartment with the hydraulic reservoir.
Like Dean says your inverter most likely is in with the battery compartment on a shelf above the batteries. At least that is where mine also is in my 2018 36CK2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPSdelivers View Post
Hi Dean and thanks for the reply! I am posting for my husband so pardon my AC to DC error. I told him what you said and now need further instruction. Is there a switch or something we need to do to get it to go to DC when we need that? We really appreciate the HELP!!
Yes there is a switch on the inverter. If I had mine unit home I would grab a picture for you. So what I'm about to post here is from my fragile mind . The button for it will be either in a depress or undepressed state. I forget which is which off hand, but if you are connected to shore power the display/button (forget which it is) will be green and you may hear a whirling noise. This will be an indication that if you lose power (disconnect shore power) that the button is in the correct position to power you refrigerator. If it is supplying battery power to the refrig then the display/button will be amber/yellow. You will want to leave it in the position where battery power is on backup, so when you are traveling down the road or at a campsite it provide AC power to the refrigerator. Especially for when you are gone for the day and the campground loses power.

Once you find the inverter you should test it, supply shore power then disconnect shore power. Is the refrigerator working both times?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblr View Post
Sometime the inverter in question is located in the docking station, but there should be a switch inside near where your controls are located plus on some there is also a switch on the inverter itself and BOTH need turned on. I am not sure what model inverter you have hopefully someone else might chime in with a little more info. Is your husband the UPS employee? I am a retired feeder driver with 37 years there but now almost 8 years retired. Good luck and keep us posted

Also there will a circuit breaker for it in your main fuse/circuit panel. May be labeled INV or Inverter.

Hope this helps a little. Enjoy

Good luck and be safe.

2018 Cedar Creek 36CK2 (40.5ft)
TST Cap System (Tire Monitoring)
2021 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab 4X4 DRW Duramax (replaced 2015 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab 4X4 Duramax)
Curt A25 5th Wheel Hitch (replaced Demco 18K Auto-slide)
LittleBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 01:58 PM   #16
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBill View Post
Like Dean says your inverter most likely is in with the battery compartment on a shelf above the batteries. At least that is where mine also is in my 2018 36CK2.

Yes there is a switch on the inverter. If I had mine unit home I would grab a picture for you. So what I'm about to post here is from my fragile mind . The button for it will be either in a depress or undepressed state. I forget which is which off hand, but if you are connected to shore power the display/button (forget which it is) will be green and you may hear a whirling noise. This will be an indication that if you lose power (disconnect shore power) that the button is in the correct position to power you refrigerator. If it is supplying battery power to the refrig then the display/button will be amber/yellow. You will want to leave it in the position where battery power is on backup, so when you are traveling down the road or at a campsite it provide AC power to the refrigerator. Especially for when you are gone for the day and the campground loses power.

Once you find the inverter you should test it, supply shore power then disconnect shore power. Is the refrigerator working both times?

Also there will a circuit breaker for it in your main fuse/circuit panel. May be labeled INV or Inverter.

Hope this helps a little. Enjoy

Good luck and be safe.
The OP posted 30 minutes before your post, that they found it and solved the problem.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 02:18 PM   #17

On my Riverstone 34SLE the inverter is located on a shelf above the compartment where i connect the water and cable and below that are the three pull bars to flush the grey and black tanks. That being said, I was having problems when I kept my inverter on when hooked up to shore power. I both were on, then after a while my entertainment lounger seats would shut off as well as my tv and my refrigerator. I would have to shut of my shore power and wait five seconds to reboot the inverter and then it would happen again. When I talked to the sales rep for the inverter he told me that when your on shore power you don't need the inverter on so now when we hook up to shore power we turn off the inverter. We have inverter controls on our main panel inside the RV and I keep the switch on the inverter to off. When we are ready to leave my DW turns on the inverter before she closes the RV to travel. Never had anymore problems after that. You should plan to attend the international rally in Goshen IN and you will be able to hook up with dblr and learn a lot about your RV. Happy Glamping !

John and Mary Ann
E John Fedor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 03:38 PM   #18

As John said above but to extend a little more join FROG and watch for rally postings under events and try to attend one, not usually many in your area but many held in other locations being retired maybe plan some in your travels.

https://forestriverfrog.com/
Old 01-21-2021, 04:01 PM   #19

In addition to joining FROG, you can also look at/join the Cedar Creeks RV Owners Club. It is a group for owners of Cedar Creek 5th wheels.
talldiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 06:37 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
The OP posted 30 minutes before your post, that they found it and solved the problem.
Yeah . Got called away while typing my response and when I came back, I finished it and submitted it to post. Once I did that, I saw others had chimed in ahead of me. Couldn't find a way to delete my post as it was basically no longer needed. Thanks for noticing though .

Be safe out there

2018 Cedar Creek 36CK2 (40.5ft)
TST Cap System (Tire Monitoring)
2021 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab 4X4 DRW Duramax (replaced 2015 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab 4X4 Duramax)
Curt A25 5th Wheel Hitch (replaced Demco 18K Auto-slide)
LittleBill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cedar creek, inverter