Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2018, 09:46 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttanous View Post
I have been in business for 43 years and I know many folks that only had a middle school degree and they have better work habits and work harder than those I know that have MBA’s and PHD’s. I work all types of folks but don’t cut them down because the quality of a product. It just amazes me how our society has no filter between the brain and the fingers to filter comments which should be kept to themselves. Yes I am not happy with the comments but freedom of speech is what we have.

X2. Totally agree with your post!
Old 03-05-2018, 11:13 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttanous View Post
Grouchmore I believe your comments are not appropriate on this site and I ask the site administrator to remove your post. These are fellow Americans working to support their families and this no place to bash folks that work very hard. I would ask you to remove but don’t believe you will. This forum is for fellow CC folks to get help and assistance. It is apparent you have never met these folks. You might have a different opinion if you did.
I am sorry if I offended you, BUT, if a "qualified" worker with an 8th grade education would serve an apprenticeship and become a qualified electrician, plumber, welder, or carpenter we would not be forced to accept an inferior product.

I personally would not hire a person with a maximum 8th grade education level, that can not drive nor have electricy in there home, to drive my truck or wire my home.

Now that is my opinion without bashing anyone. If a person cannot meet mimmun standards they should not be hired. A person that leaves the residue from drilling a hole through a floor in a tank is not a "qualified" person.

The person could be a "fellow Americans working to support their families" but is untrust worth and unqualified to work on a $100,000 RV.

I personally cannot see why you feel my comments are not appropriate on this site if it is based on facts. I will be more that happy to furnish you information on the history of the typical RV production workers. From there German history to the present.

I have enjoyed this site and I continue to learn everyday but the quality of the product I purchased is not up to my standards. As a journeyman I expect the people that produce a produce, that I purchased, are as "qualified" as what my employer expected of me.

I am not here to argue with you, but for me to remove my post, it will not happen. If anything I have posted is untrue just let me know and I will retract and apologize for any mistake that I may have made.

He who expects an inferior product will get what he expects.
Old 03-05-2018, 11:15 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by grouchmore View Post
What do you expect from "workers" with a 8th grade education?? No electricy at home but they are the ones hiried to wire our trailers according to "code".

I guess we should expect the problems we get.
Looks like several have interpreted this post as bashing less educated folks. I took that he was questioning the huge marketing gimmick of 'made by the Amish', to imply quality. It is true that Amish aren't required to attend school past the 8th grade. It is also true that they don't embrace modern technology. So when I hear from a salesman that the RV was built by the Amish, I don't think of it as a plus. I think it may be why every RV I have ever purchased had the surround sound wired incorrectly
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
Old 03-05-2018, 11:24 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
Looks like several have interpreted this post as bashing less educated folks. I took that he was questioning the huge marketing gimmick of 'made by the Amish', to imply quality. It is true that Amish aren't required to attend school past the 8th grade. It is also true that they don't embrace modern technology. So when I hear from a salesman that the RV was built by the Amish, I don't think of it as a plus. I think it may be why every RV I have ever purchased had the surround sound wired incorrectly
You are right on. Education is only the start, it is what you do after 8th grade is what counts.

The world is like a book if you stay at home, you only read the first page of the book.
If you don't increase your knowledge or if your employer is satisfied with you skills---leaving the residue of your drilling in the tank, we are the ones that suffer 1 time. The next time we/I will try another manufacture.

Have a great day
Old 03-05-2018, 11:32 PM   #25

On the count of ten, everyone quickly recite everything you learned AFTER the 8th grade, but before your first job.

Ready, set, go..............

I can quote McBeth's Soliloquy. Seriously. I learned some calculus but have forgotten it.

Your turn.

(and that's the reason they stop at the 8th grade.......not because they can't master the same b/s we did).

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
Old 03-05-2018, 11:34 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post

Yet you still bought it
Old 03-06-2018, 12:01 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by emjayuu View Post
Yet you still bought it
Actually that is an incorrect assumption in an attempt to negate my statement. Since most RVs are built in Amish country, and RV manufacturers hire Amish, I can blame the Amish for technology type of problems if I want to make that equally wild assumption. But it does fit my logic for the argument
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
Old 03-06-2018, 12:58 AM   #28

Hmmm having no electricity at home has nothing to do with the quality of work ... Nor does the level of education..... Anybody can be trained to do repetative work.... The thing that gets me ... Is the people that have more than a grade 8 and think they are above anyone else.. yet they don't have the sense to keep their mouth shut ... .. those are the people that plug my toilet of life...

I know people with degrees that struggle to turn in the lights...
Old 03-06-2018, 04:35 AM   #29

Although they Only go to the 8th Grade,they still must pass the Indiana HSE Test in order to graduate,their HSE scores are Higher than the average Public school scores! Their Drop Out Rate % is by far LOWER than Public schools also! The Most Important part of their "Education" is the "Work Ethic" taught at "HOME" this is the type of Worker needed in the Workforce! Youroo!!
Old 03-06-2018, 05:49 AM   #30

Quality starts at the top! Not the bottom.
I'm the owner of a contracting business. It is my job to push quality EVERY DAY. So I can not push quality- them tell my guys to do ten more per day.

The problem starts with the buyer (US). all shopping price, and the RV world pushing out units to meet a lower price.

Nothing will change till we stop buying or the warranty claims start to cost the manufactures more than what it would cost to increase quality.

Its not the workers not caring- its their boss not caring.
Old 03-06-2018, 07:13 AM   #31
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave-g View Post
Quality starts at the top! Not the bottom.
I'm the owner of a contracting business. It is my job to push quality EVERY DAY. So I can not push quality- them tell my guys to do ten more per day.

The problem starts with the buyer (US). all shopping price, and the RV world pushing out units to meet a lower price.

Nothing will change till we stop buying or the warranty claims start to cost the manufactures more than what it would cost to increase quality.

Its not the workers not caring- its their boss not caring.
Exactly!

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
Old 03-06-2018, 10:30 AM   #32
Site Team

Closed to more comments while under site team review.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Closed Thread