Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2018, 10:12 AM   #1

Angry Leak along less rib inside the fifth wheel when it rains

I have a cedar creek champagne 2016. Water is coming in along the last rib towards the back goes along to rib over to the slide and leaks down the wall when it rains. The dealer has pulled the AC replaced the gasket seal the bolts water tested it it did not leak. But when it started raining water started coming in. Curious if the air-conditioner is faulty and it has an avenue for the water to get in. Has anyone had this issue? Like looking for a needle in a haystack.
tomandbetty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 12:29 PM   #2
CCRVOC

I've got a 2017 CC 38FB2 Hathaway edition. Last time out we had the exact same leak. Took it to the dealer and he said the rear ac was loose and tightened the mounting bolts. He then tried to get it to leak with a garden hose and no leak.

I was feeling like the leak was fixed, but your post has me concerned. I store my camper in an enclosed building, so we haven't had it in any rain since being at the dealers.

Fingers crossed.

We go out for a couple week camping trip starting Sat.

I'll report back when after it rains.

Henry
HenryL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 01:12 PM   #3
CCRVOC

Well, sorry to say but we are in our first rain since the dealer tightened the AC and the leak is still there. I called the dealer and we are going to have to cut our trip short and take it back in. We are at Myrtle Beach and were supposed to be here until June 23. Now we have to leave early. The dealer has been extremely helpful and is going to work us in.

We leave for a two month trip to Maine and on to the frog international June 26, at least that's the plan.

Henry
Old 06-12-2018, 01:41 PM   #4

Smile Leak fixed

They had to pull the ac and found it wasn't mounted correctly no sealent on the lag bolts that hold it in but also found 4 holes that were not sealed and that was the avenue for the water to get in because they were inside the ac. When they seal these holes have them pour water directly on the AC to act like rain fall. Hope this helps Tom G No leaks on mine so far..
Old 06-12-2018, 02:22 PM   #5
CCRVOC

Thanks for the reply. By four holes in the ac do you mean inside the ac cover in the roof? Trying to tell my dealer exactly what you found.

I feel some better now. These leaks can be a bear to find.
Old 06-12-2018, 06:39 PM   #6

Smile Four holes

Not sure exactly where they were inside the air-conditioner they found them when they took the cover off. The air-conditioner was also mounted in correctly it was too far back. And took air-conditioner completely off the roof. The roof is designed in such a way that you could put a duck air conditioning on and also one that comes through and has the grid inside the coach. Ours is a duct air-conditioning . This is when they found the four holes that was the Avenue for the water.

Tags
fifth wheel, leak, wheel