Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-11-2018, 05:58 PM   #1

Level up auto retract

My level up works great leveling the camper but will no go into auto retract. I have to go to manual mode. Do you think I could shut off all power, 12 volt and electric
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 08:30 PM   #2

My auto retract never was dependable ... I just go manual ... retract ... rear. All 4 come up in less than a minute holding the switch. My hitch recognition position is not dependable either (yes I always start with the nose high), so I don't bother pressing right and left at the same time. Ping pong ball on a string with a piece of tape works just as well.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 09:00 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselguy View Post
My auto retract never was dependable ... I just go manual ... retract ... rear. All 4 come up in less than a minute holding the switch. My hitch recognition position is not dependable either (yes I always start with the nose high), so I don't bother pressing right and left at the same time. Ping pong ball on a string with a piece of tape works just as well.
Same for mine. Auto-retract never goes back to that original pin height. So yes, go to manual and retract things myself.
KFX450RXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 09:05 PM   #4

Our auto retract and hitch height has worked flawless. I notice most of you have a unit several years older then our 2018. I wonder if the newer controller has corrected some of those issues?
narrowsboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 03:44 PM   #5

reps tell me thatauto rehook will only work when the TT front needs to raise to rehook(a safety issue ? not in the literature now)
Big Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 03:53 PM   #6
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bill View Post
reps tell me thatauto rehook will only work when the TT front needs to raise to rehook(a safety issue ? not in the literature now)
I was just reading the instruction manual in the myLCI app and they did call out that it'll only raise to the unhitch height but won't lower down to it.
Old 03-12-2018, 04:06 PM   #7

Even the older manuals say it "raises to the previous height" or something similar.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 08:11 PM   #8

What I was asking about was after the front jacks are and getting ready to go hit the auto retract and the rest of jacks go up. To get the camper to go back to the height the camper was when truck pulled out I would hit two buttons at once, I can’t remember the buttons as I quit using that sometime ago
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 09:20 PM   #9

Like I said in reply #2 "My auto retract never was dependable ... I just go manual ... retract ... rear. All 4 come up in less than a minute holding the switch." I just hold the "rear" switch in for 40 - 50 seconds and save the frustration. It gives me a small bit of time to think about what I forgot to do ... Ha!
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 01:22 PM   #10
Global Nomad

I have a 2016 and the auto height works great. In 2 years of full timing, I have never encountered a situation when my the nose of my RV was higher than the truck, so the auto height has never had to go down. I do raise my rear stabilizers before doing auto height to relieve strain on the rear.
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS (Center Kitchen Three Slides)

Scheinin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 01:34 PM   #11

If you try to automatically return to hitch spot, it will tell you if it can't. No biggie.

Steven, twice in last year I was at a spot that was level and concrete, but a big drop off from nose of trailer to the street. That left the kingpin above the hitch laterally. Your last sentence is right on..........raise those back 4 jacks first. Put it on the wheels and the landing gear, to hook up.

All that said, I almost never use the automatic feature. And reading this, I can't honestly say why not. I just don't.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote