Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-14-2016, 10:35 AM   #21

Yes did that 3 times.
ttanous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 11:06 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttanous View Post
Yes did that 3 times.
Appears you have gone through all the 'normal' reset procedures that fix most problems the rest of us have encountered. Perhaps you have a 'real' hardware problem and not a computer problem.

Unfortunately this means you either have to hire some help, or continue to go through tech supports check-off sheet. Maybe the street side sensor and/or valve is having a problem.

Here's a good manual with a diagram: https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/...ting_Guide.pdf

The only thing I might try myself is to manually open/close the street side valve several times to see if there is anything goofy with the valve (purple wire according to the diagram). Now whether the jacks need to be up or down, or the rig supported, I don't know. I would probably hook up the rig just to be safe.

Let us know how things proceed on your way to a solution. I know I watch these threads just in case I run into a level-up problem on my rig! Good luck!

Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 12:24 PM   #23

If it was a hardware problem then why would the legs fully extend in manual mode and only 2 to 3 inches in auto mode. Something tells me the computer is confused but I might be wrong. I can manually level with no issues.
Old 11-14-2016, 02:05 PM   #24

Quote:
If it was a hardware problem then why would the legs fully extend in manual mode and only 2 to 3 inches in auto mode. Something tells me the computer is confused but I might be wrong. I can manually level with no issues.
Bad sensor, pressure switch, or computer chip? We are all just guessing, trying to give you ideas......

I know the system is pressure sensitive in auto mode, so if you have something causing out of bounds pressure, or a bad sensor, it could be one reason your symptoms might happen.
Old 11-14-2016, 08:23 PM   #25

Just a thought since you have tried a lot of things, why not try this. Unplug your camper and take the negative cable to the battery off and leave off for a minute or so and then try the Level-up again, might be a dumb thought but it might work.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 09:07 PM   #26

I was thinking of doing that. May try that this weekend. I am thinking the computer needs a hard reboot.
Old 11-14-2016, 10:40 PM   #27

Quote:
I was thinking of doing that. May try that this weekend. I am thinking the computer needs a hard reboot.
Zowie.... I thought you had already done the hard reboot, but re-reading I see that was just one of the first group of suggestions but you never said you actually did it (unplug from the back of the panel or remove all power).

The hard reboot has always fixed any weirdness in our level up system (so far). I installed a battery cutoff on the ground side just to make this easier. Bet you this fixes it. Good luck.
Old 11-15-2016, 09:04 AM   #28

Quote:

My neighbor had a very similar problem in a small class A with Lippert jacks last year. Ok to level manual but would partial deploy jacks and shudder in Auto. My advice was bad logic board. When he returned home to Indiana, took it to Lippert factory. They changed logic board- system perfect operation since.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 09:42 PM   #29

Ok here is the latest with me. I spoke to Lippert and they suggested I do the Recalibration procedure and also check the fluid level. I asked what would be next after that and they also suggested checking the rear sensor. So I went to the trailer and recalibrated and also did a hard reboot (Removed the power from the unit for a minute). I hooked the trailer to the truck and retracted all hydraulics. Well the fluid is low. I decided to go through the unload and autolevel of the trailer but now all the rear legs stopped midway down. Again the trailer continued on the leveling sequence and the Door side legs did ultimately come down. I got a leveling success message and the off door side legs were not grounded.

So now I focus on the low hydraulic fluid. There is no evidence of a leak anywhere but it is clearly low. I go buy a quart of ATF and go back to the trailer. I again hook it up and retract all the hydraulics. I empty the quart and it is still low. I decide to go though the calibration again. Remove power again. Disconnect from the truck and go to autolevel and no real change from above. I am going for another bottle of ATF and will top off the reservoir and try it all again. I am not very hopeful but you never know

I am curious if your fluid is also low. Where has Cedar Creek been through this? who knows? I left multiple messages over the last few days and have not heard back from them. Like you I am very disappointed in them. BTW I have a 2015 Silverback 33IK
theczar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 10:30 PM   #30

First part is what I did and their recommendation to check the sensor with the same results. Waiting to see how your fluid refill goes. Mine is not low so don't have hope that the fluid increase will fix the problem. Interesting you have a 2015. Mine is also a 2015.

Tom
2016 Ford Power Stroke F350 Lariat Crew Cab Long Bed Dual Wheel
2015 Cedar Creek 38RD Hathaway Edition
Old 11-16-2016, 12:12 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by theczar View Post
Ok here is the latest with me. I spoke to Lippert and they suggested I do the Recalibration procedure and also check the fluid level. I asked what would be next after that and they also suggested checking the rear sensor. So I went to the trailer and recalibrated and also did a hard reboot (Removed the power from the unit for a minute). I hooked the trailer to the truck and retracted all hydraulics. Well the fluid is low. I decided to go through the unload and autolevel of the trailer but now all the rear legs stopped midway down. Again the trailer continued on the leveling sequence and the Door side legs did ultimately come down. I got a leveling success message and the off door side legs were not grounded.

So now I focus on the low hydraulic fluid. There is no evidence of a leak anywhere but it is clearly low. I go buy a quart of ATF and go back to the trailer. I again hook it up and retract all the hydraulics. I empty the quart and it is still low. I decide to go though the calibration again. Remove power again. Disconnect from the truck and go to autolevel and no real change from above. I am going for another bottle of ATF and will top off the reservoir and try it all again. I am not very hopeful but you never know

I am curious if your fluid is also low. Where has Cedar Creek been through this? who knows? I left multiple messages over the last few days and have not heard back from them. Like you I am very disappointed in them. BTW I have a 2015 Silverback 33IK
I would fill the ATF fluid the right level before I proceeded....

2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 50K+ mile
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 12:11 PM   #32

Lippert Level Up System Issue

Theczar, have you heard back anything? I tried all of the recommendations that Lippert gave. Fluid check, disconnect one minute check, recalibrate 3 times check, checked sensor check anything I am missing? Next step is call them back and find out next steps.

By the way I added 2 quarts no leaks. Has run like this for 1 year with no issues.
Old 11-28-2016, 01:34 PM   #33

BTW, from my earlier post, CC did call me back and acknowledge this should be covered. So they have been helpful so far.

You beat me to the forum this morning so here is my update. I was not able to do anything until this past weekend. I ended up filling additional ATF, almost another quart. Still no signs of leaks anywhere. I reset the system by removing power for a min. Removed and replaced all the connections to the selenoids in case there were any connection issues, Calibrated again and same result.

I also made an appt to bring it into the shop on 12/5 so now waiting on that.
Old 11-28-2016, 02:09 PM   #34

I spoke to lippert this morning. They believe the rear sensor is bad. He gave the part number to me and I checked the price. It was $209. So going to contact Good Sam to see if hydraulics is covered under my maintenance agreement and will let my RV shop take care of and just pay the small deductible instead. The person beloved that the rear sensor was bad and not the logic board / front sensor or brain as he called it.
Old 11-28-2016, 08:02 PM   #35

Quote:
I spoke to lippert this morning. They believe the rear sensor is bad. He gave the part number to me and I checked the price. It was $209. So going to contact Good Sam to see if hydraulics is covered under my maintenance agreement and will let my RV shop take care of and just pay the small deductible instead. The person beloved that the rear sensor was bad and not the logic board / front sensor or brain as he called it.
Since you are talking like it is going to cost you, I assume you are out of warranty. However, you can't be out by much, are you? Maybe CC would help with the cost. Can't hurt to ask.

2012 Cedar Creek 36CKTS Touring Edition
2015 Ford F-350 CC DRW Lariat
Joe_GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 08:13 PM   #36

Joe looks like my Good Sam extended warranty is $200 deductible. Going to let the RV shop fix it. That way if the rear sensor is not bad then they can continue to troubleshoot and repair all for the deductible. I usually fix my own issues but if I spend $209 and it is not the sensor then I have to figure out with Lippert what is next. I am thinking in the long run I will let my local RV repair service take care of it. They are on Good Sams list of business already. Have an appoint to drop off Saturday and they figure should have it fixed by end of week.

As for asking Cedar Creek we are out of the one year warranty and lippert said that they have the same warranty as Cedar Creek. I am one that would prefer to pay and have it fixed quickly without having to haggle with the manufacture especially when I have a $200 deductible with Good Sam extended warranty.
Old 11-28-2016, 08:38 PM   #37

Quote:
Joe looks like my Good Sam extended warranty is $200 deductible. Going to let the RV shop fix it. That way if the rear sensor is not bad then they can continue to troubleshoot and repair all for the deductible. I usually fix my own issues but if I spend $209 and it is not the sensor then I have to figure out with Lippert what is next. I am thinking in the long run I will let my local RV repair service take care of it. They are on Good Sams list of business already. Have an appoint to drop off Saturday and they figure should have it fixed by end of week.

As for asking Cedar Creek we are out of the one year warranty and lippert said that they have the same warranty as Cedar Creek. I am one that would prefer to pay and have it fixed quickly without having to haggle with the manufacture especially when I have a $200 deductible with Good Sam extended warranty.
Understand. It just sux that you have to spend $200 on a unit that's not long out of warranty. My camper is 4 years old, so that's easy to see for me. Oh well. That's how that stuff works! Hope they get you back up and running without too much trouble.

2012 Cedar Creek 36CKTS Touring Edition
2015 Ford F-350 CC DRW Lariat
Joe_GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 03:38 PM   #38

I have a 2015 CC that had similar issues. Basically back jacks wouldn't completely go down and never same ending results. After working with Slippery techs finally figured it was rear sensor. I replaced and worked fine since.
glendodom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 08:06 AM   #39

Well not much has changed. I brought the trailer into the shop and so far CC has been very good with accepting the claim. Lippert has indicated that the rear sensor could be the issue. So the shop removed two covers under the trailer and they could not find the sensor where it should be. They are waiting on a call back from CC to tell them where the sensor should be since they do not want to blindly keep looking. It appears there is one installed since the brain has the connection that should be going to the sensor. So I am taking the trailer out on a trip and had to pick it up and will return it after the new year to finish the job. Hopefully things will get addressed then.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.
Old 12-24-2016, 08:19 AM   #40

Well thanks for posting this. I am going to order the rear sensor and was waiting on a nice day to bring the rv to the house to begin taking the panel off behind the rear wheels. Would you mind posting where they find it before I start taking panels off? Sure don't want to take them all off to just find the location. By the way Lippert states that the sensor should be mounted behind the rear wheels.

Tom
2016 Ford Power Stroke F350 Lariat Crew Cab Long Bed Dual Wheel
2015 Cedar Creek 38RD Hathaway Edition