Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2018, 09:25 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMcCue View Post
When the legs are down unscrew the cap from the bottle, it has a dip stick on it, make sure it is above the bottom notch.


Ok, will do that thanks!
Jokerbgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 10:22 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Long Beach, CA
Posts: 831
If the Red (+) wire to your batteries is not firmly connected, it can result in intermittent power to your leveling system. This could result in failure of the leveling to perate as designed.

I hope this is your problem, cheap and easy to fix. If not, re-post and we so-called "experts" will try to figure out what could be wrong.

This is such a great web-site. I've learned the answers to questions that I have not even asked yet!!
Jakie-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 10:28 PM   #23
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakie-Boy View Post
If the Red (+) wire to your batteries is not firmly connected, it can result in intermittent power to your leveling system. This could result in failure of the leveling to perate as designed.



I hope this is your problem, cheap and easy to fix. If not, re-post and we so-called "experts" will try to figure out what could be wrong.



This is such a great web-site. I've learned the answers to questions that I have not even asked yet!!


I agree itís a great web site and will keep you posted.
Thanks!
Jokerbgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 11:04 PM   #24
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 32
I had the same problem last year. The hydrolic pump uses more amps than the factory installed fuse can handle. We increased the fuse to 8 amps insted of 4 amps.
Jdb95661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 11:26 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdb95661 View Post
I had the same problem last year. The hydrolic pump uses more amps than the factory installed fuse can handle. We increased the fuse to 8 amps insted of 4 amps.


I had this issues in cold. What fuse? Any issues since?
__________________
2017 Sierra 372LOK
2017 Ford F350 DRW
brian372lok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 05:03 AM   #26
Senior Member
 
DouglasReid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Maurice, LA
Posts: 3,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
Was it really tripping a 12v circuit breaker/resettable fuse, or was the control panel just turning off after reaching a pressure limit?

If it was on the 12v side, check your batteries for full charge.

If it was the control system, was it cold? Mine will reset several times when doing anything when it is cold and the hydraulic fluid is thick. I'm just too lazy to change the fluid.
There is a VERY easy way to change the fluid. A simple Harbor Freight tool:

https://www.harborfreight.com/pneuma...der-61912.html

It is a brake fluid bleeder costing $35. It will suck the hydraulic fluid from your reservoir and you can pour fresh back in. Do it with your slideouts and jacks retracted and there will be more fluid in the tank. Do it twice to completely flush the system with the new fluid. 10-20 minute job depending on how many times you do it.

Be sure to use Synthetic fluid and the problems with it thickening in cold weather will be GREATLY reduced.
__________________
2012 Wildcat Sterling 32RL, Gladiator Qr35 ST235/85R16 Load rating G, TST 507 TPMS w/ Flow-thru Sensors & Repeater, Reese Sidewinder 16K Pin Box, PI EMS HW50C
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500HD CCSB LTZ Diesel, Fumoto Oil Drain Valve, Turbo Brake activated, 39 gal Aux Tank W/ Fuel Pump transfer, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 air bags.
DouglasReid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 06:05 AM   #27
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waynesville
Posts: 14,425
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMcCue View Post
When the legs are down unscrew the cap from the bottle, it has a dip stick on it, make sure it is above the bottom notch.
Filling a hydraulic reservoir when any cylinder is Extended can cause "Overfill Condition" when cylinders Retract! Youroo!!
__________________
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 07:05 AM   #28
Senior Member
 
DouglasReid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Maurice, LA
Posts: 3,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Filling a hydraulic reservoir when any cylinder is Extended can cause "Overfill Condition" when cylinders Retract! Youroo!!
Which is why I said to have the slideouts and jacks RETRACTED!
__________________
2012 Wildcat Sterling 32RL, Gladiator Qr35 ST235/85R16 Load rating G, TST 507 TPMS w/ Flow-thru Sensors & Repeater, Reese Sidewinder 16K Pin Box, PI EMS HW50C
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500HD CCSB LTZ Diesel, Fumoto Oil Drain Valve, Turbo Brake activated, 39 gal Aux Tank W/ Fuel Pump transfer, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 air bags.
DouglasReid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 07:09 AM   #29
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waynesville
Posts: 14,425
Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasReid View Post
Which is why I said to have the slideouts and jacks RETRACTED!
I was replying to "FMcCUE"! as Posted! Youroo!!
__________________
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:05 PM.