Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-19-2019, 03:33 PM   #21

Tomkatb
Yep, the small keypad was there and works like a dream. I'm a believer in level-up. Wonderful invention!
Thanks for your help earlier.
Old 04-19-2019, 03:39 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcrossan View Post
Ok we are now the proud and visible owners of our long awaited 34IK! Into every joy a little rain must fall as is said so here is the issue. The rear AC (and maybe the front AC as well don't know yet) cycles on and off about every 30 seconds. Does this sound normal? I didn't think so either! So, what's up with that? Dealer "tech support" says we have to set the 2 zone controller to Zone 1 "fan>low" and it won't cycle at all but the fan will run continuously.
How do y'all think or know they're supposed to work? DW is about out of her skin trying to sleep through the constant on & off of the system. I suppose the same applies for the Zone 2. We only run Zone 1 at night to help attenuate the noise from the system.
Will call Dometic Monday and ask again but figured there is more smarts here.

Dealer Tech Support is full of ......... I have that same system in my existing 5er and it woks like this. Set Zone 1 to Cool and Auto, set the desired Temp and leave it. The whole system will only cycle on when the set temp goes above (A/C) the set temp then shut off. Every 30 seconds or so tells me there is a malfunction either in the Thermostat or the unit itself has low freon and a pressure sensor is kicking the unit in and out. If the front unit does the same thing then my money is on a bad Thermostat.
2020 Cedar Creek Hathaway 34IK, Reese 19K Sidewinder PB.
Daycruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 03:46 PM   #23

Thanks Daycruiser
Does your t-stat have separate fan mode controls? Like Low-Med-High-Auto?
Ours does. Techy guy says on Auto the fan is speeding up and slowing down. Compressor doesn't shut off. Sounds like gobbeldegook to me. Makes no sense at all.
I asked if there was a dip switch the select a broader hysterisis but he said no.
Old 04-19-2019, 05:00 PM   #24

Hey everyone, headed to Key Largo Monday morning. First stop in Knoxville.

Put my eez tire tpms on last night and the Coach is just missing a few clothes.

Got a ATI Tank aux 46 for extra fuel. This has slowed me down this week. The tech at a truck shop here sliced through one of the fuel tubes. They couldnít find it but diesel was leaking everywhere and Iím sick at my stomach.

But anyway my Ram dealer found it and repaired the tube and all is well and working fine.

So hopefully I will have at least a 600 mile range.

So I got my rand McNally updated and my Apple car play going for waze and my backup cam and my tpms. Too much info.

So Iím guessing now 6300 on rear axle max and probably 14300 overall trailer weight. GVWR will be good too.

If I donít like it after I get to Lazydays, Iíll have some air bags put on. Iím riding near level right maybe .5 inch more to go down for perfectly level.

Trailer still looks big to me. I set the tires at 108 psi and the lug torque at 120 ft-lbs.

This is the most outfitted truck Iíve ever had. Safe, full length running boards, bug shield, rain protectors on windows, short antenna, ATI fuel tank, factory rino liner and puck system, HO CTD and Aisin, slow down tailgate. The only thing left would be air bags, higher out put led lights when backing up, maybe a better zoom cargo cam if available, and maybe a different pin box. Possibly a Anderson hitch if I can find one used for a try. I have nice clearance on the bed rails, 13ft 1 in high, which sounds low.

I didnít get it waxed before I go. But I will before Memorial Day.
MikeRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 06:06 PM   #25

Quote:
Thanks Daycruiser
Does your t-stat have separate fan mode controls? Like Low-Med-High-Auto?
Ours does. Techy guy says on Auto the fan is speeding up and slowing down. Compressor doesn't shut off. Sounds like gobbeldegook to me. Makes no sense at all.
I asked if there was a dip switch the select a broader hysterisis but he said no.

Yes it does, but that just runs the fan, the compressor will only kick on if the temp exceeds the set temp. Auto turns the fan on when the compressor kicks on and then back off again after the compressor shuts down. Every 30 seconds is an issue. Talk to Dometic and see what they say to do.
Old 04-19-2019, 07:25 PM   #26

Quote:
Ok we are now the proud and visible owners of our long awaited 34IK! Into every joy a little rain must fall as is said so here is the issue. The rear AC (and maybe the front AC as well don't know yet) cycles on and off about every 30 seconds. Does this sound normal? I didn't think so either! So, what's up with that? Dealer "tech support" says we have to set the 2 zone controller to Zone 1 "fan>low" and it won't cycle at all but the fan will run continuously.
How do y'all think or know they're supposed to work? DW is about out of her skin trying to sleep through the constant on & off of the system. I suppose the same applies for the Zone 2. We only run Zone 1 at night to help attenuate the noise from the system.
Will call Dometic Monday and ask again but figured there is more smarts here.
By any chance are you running on 30Amp? I think there is some basic smart circuit that alternates which compressor runs if sharing a single feed.
SimchaSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 08:16 PM   #27

SimchaSabre
No, it's been on 50amp the entire time. But I know what you're talking about. It load shedding to keep from tripping the power pedastal breaker. It wondered about that as my first thought but we had been running both AC's in 90į outdoor temp with no issues. Then it started this hobby horse routine. I'll call Dometic Monday and report back!
Old 04-19-2019, 08:19 PM   #28

Just was wondering, is it tech support if you get bad information?
Old 04-19-2019, 08:30 PM   #29

For what it's worth, I've called Dometic before with various issues (not AC though) and they were pretty good at getting me to the right subject matter expert who were able to identify the proper corrective action. Good luck on your call
Old 04-20-2019, 10:56 PM   #30

Well moved the campground into final loading position today. But got mud on the passenger tires and the camper as well as the truck. Ohh heck. Actually the more load this rig, the better it seems to ride. After the fuel tank Iím probably 3100-3200 ponds on the pin.

Very nice ride today.

Also Iím still figuring this Ram out. Iíve noticed that if Iím in tow haul and have the exhaust brake on, to get max tranny and exhaust brake braking force I just keep my foot lightly on the brake and it downshifts like crazy and the exhaust brake stays engaged longer. Nice.
Old 04-21-2019, 06:16 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRP View Post
Well moved the campground into final loading position today. But got mud on the passenger tires and the camper as well as the truck. Ohh heck. Actually the more load this rig, the better it seems to ride. After the fuel tank Iím probably 3100-3200 ponds on the pin.

Very nice ride today.

Also Iím still figuring this Ram out. Iíve noticed that if Iím in tow haul and have the exhaust brake on, to get max tranny and exhaust brake braking force I just keep my foot lightly on the brake and it downshifts like crazy and the exhaust brake stays engaged longer. Nice.

Mike, are you going to hit the CAT scale on the way to FL?
Old 04-21-2019, 06:51 AM   #32

I have a older Cedar Creek and I was running my G614 tires at 110psi, the trailer seemed a little bouncy so I reduced the tires to 100psi. I did have a sticker that said 110lbs of toque on the wheels. Anyway thatís what I keep the tires toque at
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 08:52 AM   #33

Load up 34IK

I probably can if youíd like. My weights last weekend were 6000 lbs on the rear. 22500 over all. It would be anal to check, but Iím ridiculous. So I will if you want to see actuals.

Iíll be gojng up Jelico Mountain tomorrow so first test of a grade.
Old 04-21-2019, 03:36 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRP View Post
I probably can if youíd like. My weights last weekend were 6000 lbs on the rear. 22500 over all. It would be anal to check, but Iím ridiculous. So I will if you want to see actuals.

Iíll be gojng up Jelico Mountain tomorrow so first test of a grade.

I didn't know if you had already weighed with it loaded up for a trip. I was just curious to see what your actual PIN weight turned out to be. The fuel tank won't affect Pin just front and rear axle weight. Don't do it on my account I was just curious is all. Have a fun trip!!
Old 04-21-2019, 08:16 PM   #35

Air conditioner cycling

You were right Daycruiser. We went out this afternoon and reset the t-stat. Started up both zones and everything was running the way it should. Cycles on and off at normal intervals. Even though it was unseasonably cool here today the ac worked perfectly.
Will still call dometic tomorrow just to be sure and get a manual or link to the correct one.
Old 05-03-2019, 04:46 PM   #36

AC still cycling on and off

So, everything was running just right and then the AC starts cycling on and off again about every 30-45 seconds. Called Dometic and was told that's the way it operates when it get close to set point. Compressor doesn't run. Just the fan. Turn it on low and it won't cycle on and off. My wife is ready to put this 34IK up for sale. She can't sleep with the fan going on and off. CS rep told me that adjusting the dead band won't help.
She said unless the compressor is cycling with the fan. In which case it's a warranty issue.
Need a bit of input on this. ����
tcrossan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 05:08 PM   #37

Quote:
So, everything was running just right and then the AC starts cycling on and off again about every 30-45 seconds. Called Dometic and was told that's the way it operates when it get close to set point. Compressor doesn't run. Just the fan. Turn it on low and it won't cycle on and off. My wife is ready to put this 34IK up for sale. She can't sleep with the fan going on and off. CS rep told me that adjusting the dead band won't help.
She said unless the compressor is cycling with the fan. In which case it's a warranty issue.
Need a bit of input on this. ����

I'm not really buying that explanation by dometic. It should run until it hits the set point then shut off. Usually the swing temp can be up to 2 degrees or so before the unit kicks back on again. The on and off I think is B.S.
Old 05-03-2019, 05:21 PM   #38

I agree however I can't seem to make it stop cycling!
CS rep gave me service shops to have the unit checked to see if compressor is short cycling. I will call one when we get to Navasota, TX and have them come look at it.
Also, on another note we've discovered that the high kitchen faucet swings 360į so if I connect the water before we go inside the interior gets a bath until we get inside.
Always go inside before connecting any utilities! Never had an issue with the "old Cameo".
Learning curves can be painful.

Tcrossan
Old 05-03-2019, 06:39 PM   #39

Quote:
I agree however I can't seem to make it stop cycling!
CS rep gave me service shops to have the unit checked to see if compressor is short cycling. I will call one when we get to Navasota, TX and have them come look at it.
Also, on another note we've discovered that the high kitchen faucet swings 360į so if I connect the water before we go inside the interior gets a bath until we get inside.
Always go inside before connecting any utilities! Never had an issue with the "old Cameo".
Learning curves can be painful.

Tcrossan

This is common, the fixtures they use are not the best in the west. I'll eventually rip all ours out and replace them with real residential fixtures. I always check all the faucets before turning on the water just for this very reason.
Old 05-15-2019, 06:31 AM   #40

We received word that our 34ik came off line 2 days ago. In preparation for move in, we find that we are lacking a critical measurement. Could someone please check the dimensions (H,W,D) of a bathroom vanity drawer. The deal wants to order some stuff.