Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2019, 11:03 AM   #41

Jeff,
They're 12x12x4-1/4" outside dimensions
Old 05-15-2019, 11:30 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcrossan View Post
Jeff,
They're 12x12x4-1/4" outside dimensions
Thanks for the quick and timely response.
SimchaSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 07:56 AM   #43
Stupid Lucky

SimchaSabre - sounds like our 34IKs were "born" the same day as we were told ours also came off the line on Monday, 5/13. Still not delivered to dealer near Columbus but hopefully that will happen today. If all goes well with PDI we will be camping starting Sunday with full hook-up at Mohican State Park in Ohio.
Sandbagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 08:54 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandbagger View Post
SimchaSabre - sounds like our 34IKs were "born" the same day as we were told ours also came off the line on Monday, 5/13. Still not delivered to dealer near Columbus but hopefully that will happen today. If all goes well with PDI we will be camping starting Sunday with full hook-up at Mohican State Park in Ohio.
No word on ours either. We're having a few Dealer ad-ons installed but still hoping to have ours ready to go for the Amish Ohio Frog rally at the end of the Month. Good luck with yours.
Old 06-02-2019, 08:12 AM   #45
Stupid Lucky

All is good in Ohio

Name:   34IK pick-up day.JPG
Views: 276
Size:  39.7 KB

Picked up our 34IK from Hatfield RV on Friday, May 24 and spent 3 nights at Mohican State Park this past week. Our PDI went well and some minor issues were addressed (caulking and wood work blemish) prior to our departure. Our punch list is below with the first three items identified during PDI and the last three during our shake out.

1. Floor damage caused by screw left in unit during manufacturing- identified by dealer and to be repaired
2. Dent in microwave - to be replaced
3. Fabric damage on couch - minor repair
4. Ice maker not working - water valve is in open position
5. Refrigerator running on solar when disconnected from shore power but powering off even though battery charge is sufficient. Solar going to be a learning experience
6. Entry door strike plate screws loosening - I planned on addressing but dealer said they want to fix

In addition to the option for solar we added a couple of other options worth commenting on. One of them is the Champaign Dreamer 8" memory foam mattress and after three nights of good sleep we are happy we bought it. Sleeping well sure makes a difference.

The other option is the bike hitch. The hitch is nice but the support framing to add this option is lower than the bumper. The end result is that I cannot back in to my driveway without this add on support framing dragging. The issue at our house can likely be solved by driving up on 2 X 8 X 12 until I am past the dragging point. My concern is this will be an issue in other locations during our travels such as service stations with uneven entry ways.

Any ideas from my forum peeps?

We have another 3 day trip planned to Findlay State Park this coming week and then to dealer on June 13 to address punch list.

Overall very satisfied with 34IK and dealer response. Have a Happy Wife!!!
Old 06-02-2019, 08:18 AM   #46

Quote:
Attachment 206169

Picked up our 34IK from Hatfield RV on Friday, May 24 and spent 3 nights at Mohican State Park this past week. Our PDI went well and some minor issues were addressed (caulking and wood work blemish) prior to our departure. Our punch list is below with the first three items identified during PDI and the last three during our shake out.

1.Floor damage caused by screw left in unit during manufacturing- identified by dealer and to be repaired
2.Dent in microwave - to be replaced
3.Fabric damage on couch - minor repair
4. Ice maker not working - water valve is in open position
5. Refrigerator running on solar when disconnected from shore power but powering off even though battery charge is sufficient. Solar going to be a learning experience
6. Entry door strike plate screws loosening - I planned on addressing but dealer said they want to fix

In addition to the option for solar we added a couple of other options worth commenting on. One of them is the Champaign Dreamer 8" memory foam mattress and after three nights of good sleep we are happy we bought it. Sleeping well sure makes a difference.

The other option is the bike hitch. The hitch is nice but the support framing to add this option is lower than the bumper. The end result is that I cannot back in to my driveway without this add on support framing dragging. The issue at our house can likely be solved by driving up on 2 X 8 X 12 until I am past the dragging point. My concern is this will be an issue in other locations during our travels such as service stations with uneven entry ways.

Any ideas from my forum peeps?

We have another 3 day trip planned to Findlay State Park this coming week and then to dealer on June 13 to address punch list.

Overall very satisfied with 34IK and dealer response. Have a Happy Wife!!!
Nice setup congratulations and enjoy it.
robbiels7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 12:54 PM   #47

You appear a little nose high. I have seen some dandy scars on asphalt.

Is there enough clearance to lower? Dealers go max height. 6” is the general minimum.

Will raise the rear..
tomkatb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 01:32 PM   #48

Where is Findlay State Park? My wife and I were raised and escaped from Findlay, OH!
Old 06-02-2019, 04:08 PM   #49

Yes, my wife was raised in Findlay, OH also and has never heard of it either.
Old 06-02-2019, 04:35 PM   #50

Where is the park? Van Buren?
Old 06-02-2019, 05:29 PM   #51

That is the only one my wife can think of since the campground is by the park.
Old 06-02-2019, 05:33 PM   #52

We just returned from an extended shake down and discovered a few things we need to address.First off we really like the 34IK! The roominess and look and feel is great! Fit and finish are also good to excellent.
But.....
1. The Furrion appliances are, at best, of marginal use. The cooktop has 2 flame settings, wide open and 1/2 wide open. No low, no flame adjustment to get to low.
2. Oven has same issue. The burner control is not analog. It's either wide open or on medium. Near impossible to set it to and maintain a baking temp. Obviously not a well engineered group of products. We will most likely replace the cooktop with one that has true burner controls. And maybe the oven as well.
3. We will begin replacing the theater seating as they are not supportive of our backs. May be fine for others but not so much for us.
4. The rear AC has developed a vibration which we will have the dealer address.
5. The AC still continues to cycle very short cycles so we need to see what's up with that.
We haven't spoken to the factory yet about any of this but our decisions to change out the Furrion and furniture most likely won't change.
Overall we are happy with the Cedar Creek and see all this as some unrealized expectations and minor annoyances. So onward and outward!!!
Old 06-02-2019, 05:44 PM   #53

For the short cycling see if one of the vents is aimed at the thermostat.
Old 06-02-2019, 05:53 PM   #54

South of Wellington, Ohio on rt.58.
ba964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 08:58 PM   #55
Stupid Lucky

TomKatB - great observation on nose being up and I will check to see if hitch can be lowered to adjust. We have 11" of clearance between truck bed side rail and bottom of 5er. Thanks!
Old 06-02-2019, 09:00 PM   #56
Stupid Lucky

For those of you from Finlay I misspelled the State Park name as it is Findley. I see that somebody already posted it is in Wellington which is in Lorain County west of Cleveland. Sorry for the confusion.
Old 06-03-2019, 04:16 AM   #57

Quote:
TomKatB - great observation on nose being up and I will check to see if hitch can be lowered to adjust. We have 11" of clearance between truck bed side rail and bottom of 5er. Thanks!

Ya buddy, that gap needs to close by at least 5 inches. You'll be grabbing some air under that overhange with 11 inches.
2020 Cedar Creek Hathaway 34IK, Reese 19K Sidewinder PB.
Daycruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 06:08 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumpster808 View Post
For the short cycling see if one of the vents is aimed at the thermostat.

We had a Wildcat and the vent was aiming at the thermostat, so the tech closed off that vent and guess what happened, it kept doing the same thing, short cycling. The thermostat was the problem
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 05:37 PM   #59

Hey everyone get mine back from Orvan Friday Morning! I’m excited! He went though all the stuff he’s done repairing the Creek, plus lots of warranty work, plus upgrades I authorized plus a flex air pin box. So wow it will be better than new I expect. I will give an update next week.
MikeRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 11:10 AM   #60

Great news, Mike. Now that you are "pre-disastered", you should expect smooth sailing from now on.