Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-29-2018, 07:46 PM   #21

my wife and i had 0 issue with ours, only thing we did was replace the sink in the kitchen, DW really liked the washing machine.

We pick up our pleasure way this Saturday, can't wait to take it on it;s maiden voyage
Old 10-29-2018, 08:31 PM   #22

Cap fading

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
I have a 2014 Cedar Creek. I would check the front cap and rear cap to make sure the caps are not fading. I would make sure the slides work. I would check to make sure that everything works properly. Are you buying from a dealer or private party.
We just now noticed fading at the top of the front cap so Calvin and I got up there with Weiman Stove Top cleaning pads and Oxidation Remover and it looks good as new.
maxxtc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 08:36 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
I would buy new, that way you do get a year warranty. If you buy used you can expect zero help from the factory.
The new models only have the name, just cheap crap unless you go to the Champaign models and I'm not even sure if they have the rounded ceilings or flat ones like the cheapest do. I know that our Hathaway with end cap looks like the high end it should.
maxxtc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 10:15 PM   #24
Nuclear traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxtc View Post
We just now noticed fading at the top of the front cap so Calvin and I got up there with Weiman Stove Top cleaning pads and Oxidation Remover and it looks good as new.
Factory will cover up to $2500 front and rear to repaint caps. Mine are being done right now 10/29/18. It is no cost to me, authorized service center can get it done.
dsklapatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 12:06 AM   #25

Cedar creek

We have a 2017 CC Hathaway and love it. You should check behind where the services for water are to see if there are plastic fittings especially a plastic elbow going into the back of the hot water heater. Ours broke and I put in brass ones.
tmsrlamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 05:52 AM   #26

2015 We have a 29IK. It was 1 year old when we bought it. The front end cap had been painted and decals had not been put back on. So far, we are on the 2nd set of decals. The new decals have not lasted 1 year before fading and cracking. The last suggestion from the dealer was to just leave them off. We have had problems with leaking sewer valves since we bought it. Other than those 2 things, we really enjoy the trailer.
Jcoope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 07:58 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsklapatch View Post
Factory will cover up to $2500 front and rear to repaint caps. Mine are being done right now 10/29/18. It is no cost to me, authorized service center can get it done.

Is it $2500 for each cap
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 11:18 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmsrlamb View Post
We have a 2017 CC Hathaway and love it. You should check behind where the services for water are to see if there are plastic fittings especially a plastic elbow going into the back of the hot water heater. Ours broke and I put in brass ones.
Thanks for reminding me. Had that fitting crack in my previous SOB. I'll check in the spring. Was it the 1/2" to 1/2" fitting?
Old 10-30-2018, 01:36 PM   #29

Remove the water filter onboard, mine failed after 1 year use external filter better than flooded basement
Kennypatrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 02:05 PM   #30

2016 Silverback and newer with residential refrigerators have a tendency to "walk". Not anchored down correctly and FR is no help in getting the issue fixed. My fridge fell out of the opening onto the table while traveling.
debbie_rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 07:08 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbie_rose View Post
2016 Silverback and newer with residential refrigerators have a tendency to "walk". Not anchored down correctly and FR is no help in getting the issue fixed. My fridge fell out of the opening onto the table while traveling.

Mine did too. It won’t move anymore
Old 10-30-2018, 09:33 PM   #32

Our 2017 CC 33ik has beeen a good unit. We had a leak in one of the landing gear and the dealer drove 200 miles one way on a Saturday to replace it for us.
2018 GMC 2500 Denali

Nights camped 2018=60
Azdigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 06:52 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azdigs View Post
Our 2017 CC 33ik has beeen a good unit. We had a leak in one of the landing gear and the dealer drove 200 miles one way on a Saturday to replace it for us.

You have a good dealer. I have Camping World. Who is your dealer
Old 10-31-2018, 07:29 AM   #34

I bought it from Lazy Days in Tucson. Top notch shop. There was no hard sale tactics like others do, in the shop they get you in & out on time and budget, and as I said, great curb service. When I caught my awning on a tree while moving my Lance I ordered the parts from Lance and they installed the new arm, replaced the window, and did did some minor body work and I had it back in 2 weeks. No complaints there.
2018 GMC 2500 Denali

Nights camped 2018=60
Azdigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 08:15 AM   #35

We bought a 2018 CC 36CK2 Hathaway Edition. We love the finish and floor plan of this model and it's just right for the 2 of us. Although it takes forever (3 months) to get in for service, we've been able to get all the little issues fixed. Here's what we've had to fix so far:

New control panel: the reset button on our control panel broke and I couldn't get the unit to turn. Dealer said I needed to bring in the entire 5th wheel to have it looked at. I called Forest River direct and they said no problem, they sent me a new one that took all of 2 minutes to install.

New dinette table top and folding chair - our top had a crack in it (looked it it was just following the wood grain) and a leg broke on one of the chairs. This time, I told the dealer I was just bringing in the top and chair and they needed to order new ones for me ( I was not going to bring in the 5th wheel as they wanted). Again, fixed under warranty with no cost.

Slide out seals - all our slide seals were torn up after 5 months. Dealer replaced all of them under warranty.

Items still to be repaired - the inverter is not working, one of the pendant lights has broke and there's a piece of interior trim that has come loose. I called the dealer in Sept. and the earliest I could get in was Dec. to get these taken care of.

As others have said, there will always be little things that break (driving down the road at 65mph seems to just vibrate stuff loose), so be prepared for it. Just wish the dealer could get us in in less than 3 months.

Gsykora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 06:39 PM   #36

We bought our 2015 38FB2 Hathaway this last spring from a private party and they had taken care of all the "new trailer" issues. We do have 2 fogged windows that I need to have repaired. The previous owner tried to get them replaced, but it was taking CC months to ship the replacement windows, so he sold it first and credited me the money to get them repaired. Our unit has full body paint so no issues with the caps fading. After spending 4 months in it this summer with minimum issues, I have no regrets buying used. Our last rig was an XLR toyhauler bought new and while FR took care of all of our issues and then some at the summer rally, it was a bit discouraging the lack of attention to quality the new units have coming off the factory floor.

Tags
cedar creek