Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-06-2015, 09:06 PM   #21

We picked up our CC 36CKTS last April. We love it but we have experienced some issues that I would check when you pick yours up. Check the counter top behind the stove. Ours is cracked and I have read on the forum several owners have experienced this. Also we got the theater seating which is suppose to be Lazyboy as is the sofa. The finish on the "leather" is rubbing off in certain places on both pieces. We are headed to the factory for repairs in July with a long list. But when all is said and done, we love our CC36CKTS!
Get the second air with heat pump. We used the heat pump a lot this winter. The Trump mattress is very comfortable. The residential fridge is awesome!
Sewhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 11:38 AM   #22

As well as checking the counter top (which we had to have replaced for the exact same reason) check the shower door frame is sealed correctly. Ours allowed water to get under the door frame and the leak out of the shower all over the floor. It's an easy fix but annoying. Also check the shower floor in the corners. We found hairline cracks caused when the shower was installed. These require the dealer and CC to organize a repair agent to come out and fix the using heat the re-bond the glass fiber.

Enjoy your rig and may you have many great times.

Richard & Diane
2014 Cedar Creek 38FL
With an F350 DRW

Richard & Diane
2014 Cedar Creek 38FL
2016 F350 Lariat CC DRW
Retired Metropolitan Police (UK)
Hutch333id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 11:19 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutch333id View Post
As well as checking the counter top (which we had to have replaced for the exact same reason) check the shower door frame is sealed correctly. Ours allowed water to get under the door frame and the leak out of the shower all over the floor. It's an easy fix but annoying. Also check the shower floor in the corners. We found hairline cracks caused when the shower was installed. These require the dealer and CC to organize a repair agent to come out and fix the using heat the re-bond the glass fiber.

Enjoy your rig and may you have many great times.

Richard & Diane
2014 Cedar Creek 38FL
With an F350 DRW

That's some great information, thanks!!

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Bogey3025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 11:21 AM   #24

I knew I had another glitch with mine. Check to ensure all of your black and grey tanks seal correctly when you activate the push/pull valves. Mine would not and on the first couple of occasions I got wet feet when I was about to hook up the sewer pipe and took off the end cap on the RV outlet.
It turns out we had construction debris lodged in the valve gate which prevented all three from closing properly. Our dealer took care of those items as well.

Richard & Diane
2014 Cedar Creek 38FL
With an F350 DRW

Richard & Diane
2014 Cedar Creek 38FL
2016 F350 Lariat CC DRW
Old 04-08-2015, 01:17 PM   #25

Quote:
Mine would not and on the first couple of occasions I got wet feet when I was about to hook up the sewer pipe and took off the end cap on the RV outlet.
I had the same problem. I think eventually all of them will leak if only a tiny bit. Obviously get the valves fixed. But a good solution is to purchase a termination valve and put it on the drain where the end cap goes. You can get permanent ones or (as I did) the twist on valves. Now I always leave that valve closed until I get the sewer hose attached. No more wet (or nasty) feet! I got mine on Amazon for about $15.
2013 Chevy 3500HD, D/A, DRW, 4X4
WeRCreekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 01:53 PM   #26

Same here, I hate that kind of surprise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 05:20 PM   #27

I have the twist on gate valve now as a back-up to the OEM fitted and then repaired valves. Dealer gave me that as a temporary solution until they could get me in for the full fix.

Richard & Diane
2014 Cedar Creek 38FL
With an F350 DRW

Richard & Diane
2014 Cedar Creek 38FL
2016 F350 Lariat CC DRW