Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-15-2018, 07:45 AM   #1

Low water pressure in bathroom

Good morning and thank you to everybody in advanced. I have a 2011 Cedar Creek Silverback 29 RL. What I'm experiencing in the bathroom it seems that the sink in the toilet have lower water pressure then they should. The sink in the bathroom and the sink in the kitchen seem to have great flow but the toilet shower seem to lack. Is there a valve that ties the sink and the toilet flow together that I'm missing? I have Not torn into it yet I plan to I will have it home next week it is at storage right now. Any help or knowledge on this to get me started in the correct direction would be great thank you again.
robbiels7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 08:00 AM   #2
Fully COVID-19 vaccinated

They should both have a screen filter. These can get clogged with debris. The faucet in the sink is easiest to check, just unscrew the nozzle.

2021 Transcend Xplor 247BH
Husky WDH with Sway Control
2013 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LTZ 6.6L V8 Duramax
Forever in my memory. Forever in my heart.
Laurie J. Wood 3/22/67 - 8/23/19
timfromma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 08:05 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by timfromma View Post
They should both have a screen filter. These can get clogged with debris. The faucet in the sink is easiest to check, just unscrew the nozzle.
That was definitely going to be the first Direction I was going to go I do appreciate it.
Old 03-15-2018, 08:29 AM   #4
Site Team

Draining your water lines by opening the low point drains without draining the water heater first can cause this problem. As water drains from the WH cold inlet line, it drags some of the crud that settles to the bottom of the WH. Much of it will be washed out, however some will remain in the lines. The next time the system is used, that crud will be carried to the faucets and collect on the spigot screen clogging it. The simple fix is to drain the WH prior to opening the low point drains.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 08:57 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybob View Post
Draining your water lines by opening the low point drains without draining the water heater first can cause this problem. As water drains from the WH cold inlet line, it drags some of the crud that settles to the bottom of the WH. Much of it will be washed out, however some will remain in the lines. The next time the system is used, that crud will be carried to the faucets and collect on the spigot screen clogging it. The simple fix is to drain the WH prior to opening the low point drains.
That great advice thanks.
Old 03-15-2018, 06:56 PM   #6

I have a Silverback (2015) make sure you release hot line pressure from that hot water tank BEFORE YOU REMOVE THAT WATER HEATER PLUG!!
I learned the hard way!!
Shut off or disconnect all water intake from any outside spigot. Open that RED water line OR open relief valve on top of water heater. THEN REMOVE THAT PLUG.
SilverbackMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 07:22 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverbackMel View Post
I have a Silverback (2015) make sure you release hot line pressure from that hot water tank BEFORE YOU REMOVE THAT WATER HEATER PLUG!!
I learned the hard way!!
Shut off or disconnect all water intake from any outside spigot. Open that RED water line OR open relief valve on top of water heater. THEN REMOVE THAT PLUG.
Thank you for your info.
Old 03-16-2018, 11:16 AM   #8
Steelhorzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by timfromma View Post
I also had the same issue.

When I pulled the filter, it didn't look clogged, but what the heck.....
I took it to Home Depot buy a replacement anyway.

When I was there I noticed they came in different colors.
Each color had a different flow rate, (gpm) rating.

I purchased one that had a higher flow rate.

Wow!! What a difference!

I went back and purchased enough filters to swap out all my faucets...
Steelhorzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 09:43 AM   #9

Finally out of camp. Had some time to play with the water pressure issue. Turns out I should have spent some more money on the water pressure regulator.Click image for larger version

Name:	1521988993161.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	335.9 KB
ID:	166128

Tags
bathroom, pressure, roo, water