Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-03-2018, 07:55 AM   #1

LP Quick Connect on Cedar Creek

I would like to install a quick connect fitting for use with my Weber grill. I had one on my Jayco and purchased a ten foot hose so I could set up the grill by the picnic table. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
CCSILVERBACKBJANDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 08:48 AM   #2

I hooked my grill up to my quick connect and I wasn't able to adjust the flame because the grill had a regulator on it. The camper has a regulator. 2 together won't work.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Forest River Forums mobile app
wmbuttion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 09:02 AM   #3

I removed the Regulator from the grill and installed a male quick connect. Have a Regulator installed on a female quick connect and attached to a small LP bottle that I use for tailgating at football game. Currently using that set up camping but dont like to keep buying/hauling bottles when I have two large tanks on CC Silverback. Just need some ideas on where / what to install on the fifth wheel.
Old 02-03-2018, 05:55 PM   #4

I have a 38RD with outdoor kitchen and the grill hooks to the quick connect direct into the gas line and the grill has no regulator just a valve for adjustment.
ttanous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 07:56 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmbuttion View Post
I hooked my grill up to my quick connect and I wasn't able to adjust the flame because the grill had a regulator on it. The camper has a regulator. 2 together won't work.

We bought a quick connect with a regulator since our Webber grill has one.
Jokerbgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 08:28 AM   #6

ttanous u like the 38rd? We have a 15 love it. I hooked up a grill with the regulator and couldn't adjust the flame had to get rid of the regulator on the grill.

wmbuttion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 08:29 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokerbgood View Post
We bought a quick connect with a regulator since our Webber grill has one.

Correction without a regulator!!!
Jokerbgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 02:49 PM   #8

The easiest hookup point would be at the front of the unit where the flex line from the regulator connects to the hard line. Place a black pipe tee on the hard line, reinstall the rubber flex line and add the proper quick connect to the tee facing out. Half hour job and no piping to cut, thread, reattach etc.
Travel safe

I Catch Fish......What is your SuperPower?
FordHauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 03:43 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmbuttion View Post
ttanous u like the 38rd? We have a 15 love it. I hooked up a grill with the regulator and couldn't adjust the flame had to get rid of the regulator on the grill.

We love ours wish they still made them. Only one issue I will have fixed is under the dining slide the swing arm does not hold up have to tie wrap it each time. Have not had the cap fade I guess since it is in a enclosed storage unit. I am just waiting for that then will take it to the factory to have replaced. Other than that we have been very happy with the coach.
ttanous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 07:21 PM   #10

I love my quick connect port and adapted my grill and generator to use it. If you don't want to keep changing them to use the regulator or not you could use this.
https://www.etrailer.com/Propane/MB-...03613-MBS.html

It would mean you have the small tank connections and a quick connect but it would be before the regulator and just split off the one tank. They have many other options on etrailer worth investigating to see what works best for your situation.
dbledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 03:19 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordHauler View Post
The easiest hookup point would be at the front of the unit where the flex line from the regulator connects to the hard line. Place a black pipe tee on the hard line, reinstall the rubber flex line and add the proper quick connect to the tee facing out. Half hour job and no piping to cut, thread, reattach etc.
Travel safe
That's exactly what I did.On the grill (Weber) I removed the regulator and installed a QD fitting. Easy and works well.

2012 Cedar Creek 36CKTS Touring Edition
2015 Ford F-350 CC DRW Lariat
Joe_GA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 03:23 PM   #12
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCSILVERBACKBJANDA View Post
I would like to install a quick connect fitting for use with my Weber grill. I had one on my Jayco and purchased a ten foot hose so I could set up the grill by the picnic table. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
I guess I'm trying to figure out what you need assistance with?

Does your Cedar Creek not have a quick connect that you can use? Is that what you're wanting to add?

Your camper should already have a propane line that runs down some portion of the camper. You'll have to add a "T" to this and then add a line to the edge of the camper where you can add a quick connect fitting.

What part do you need assistance with?
Old 02-05-2018, 03:33 PM   #13

I found the rubber hose connection to the metal pipe. I will be installing a tee at this location and attach my quick connect. Thanks for the help guys!
Old 02-05-2018, 03:42 PM   #14
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
I found the rubber hose connection to the metal pipe. I will be installing a tee at this location and attach my quick connect. Thanks for the help guys!
Be sure you install a Quick Connect that has a shut-off.
If a Quick Connect is installed at a remote location from the main shut-off, it must have a shut off of its own so that if the Quick Connect fails during coupling/uncoupling, it can be immediately shut off (manually) at the connection.

TST Tire Monitor w/Repeater - Sinemate 3500w Gen.

Days Camped: '18=51 '19=58 '20=110 '21=94
5picker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 02:58 PM   #15

Finally got the tee installed and the quick connect (with shut off) installed. Just in time for trip to the lake in two weeks!
Old 04-15-2018, 03:01 PM   #16
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
Be sure you install a Quick Connect that has a shut-off.
If a Quick Connect is installed at a remote location from the main shut-off, it must have a shut off of its own so that if the Quick Connect fails during coupling/uncoupling, it can be immediately shut off (manually) at the connection.

Do you have a link to this quick connect shut off? I added a Y but dont have a shut off for the one side. Right now, its all or nothing and the other side is my fridge.
Old 04-15-2018, 03:07 PM   #17

Amazon has them just type in LP Quick Connect in search
Old 04-15-2018, 03:36 PM   #18
Always Learning

Quote:
Amazon has them just type in LP Quick Connect in search

Sweet. Will do.
Old 04-27-2018, 06:27 PM   #19

Finally got a chance to try out!
Works perfect!Click image for larger version