Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-06-2020, 07:36 PM   #1

Made a Trip to Topeka Indiana

I returned from a trip to Amish Family RV Friday night. I want to say thanks to Orvan, Lyle, and the rest of the crew for a great job. They replaced one of the axles on my trailer, installed the axle stabilization kit, the slide drive kit, a new water heater, and about 13 pages of other small fixes. They do good work, treat you fairly, and are good to their word. Great people to do business with.
DG N. AL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 07:53 AM   #2

Glad to hear all went well, I tell everyone no matter what it is worth the trip to have Orvan and his crew work on your unit.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 10:14 AM   #3

Hats off the this group

We had our unit worked on in June of 2020, took a trip to the trip coast in Sept. the work on the unit was done with great attention to detail. We also had the front and rear caps replaced. The unit looks great and did great on the trip. They have now become my shop to take my unit too. They are 2 hours from me but they are the best at what they do. Hats off to this crew.
rrekosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 12:29 AM   #4

I have had my unit to Orvan twice. Originally in November of 2019 and 2nd time this past June. Orvan does great work.

Unfortunately we haven't been out with since putting it in storage after the June visit. Looking at probably waiting till March before going out again, unless things brighten up from this Covid a little before then.

2018 Cedar Creek 36CK2 (40.5ft)
TST Cap System (Tire Monitoring)
2021 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab 4X4 DRW Duramax (replaced 2015 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab 4X4 Duramax)
Curt A25 5th Wheel Hitch (replaced Demco 18K Auto-slide)
LittleBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 04:13 PM   #5

Red face Made a Trip to Topeka, IN

Ditto in offering praises to Orvan & Amish Family RV. We had read positive things & in October 2020, we made a trip from Colorado to Topeka. A local shop told us we had a cracked fresh water tank & after a series of non-answers as to what the repair would cost, if they could get a tank, & an estimate of 16 hours labor we decided to scheduled with Orvan & make the trip. He did his amazing walk thru & when we saw & approved his multi page list of things he could do, we figured it would be in the shop for 3 days. Orvan had the work completed in one day. He corrected issues that we had no idea were problems & also did a lot of preventitive work. Here is the kicker: when we picked our 5th wheel up Orvan told us there was not a crack in the tank 🙀 - so much for trusting the local yokels at home. We feel very confident in Orvanís knowledge & the capabilities of all of his crew & family members. Dealing with Amish Family RV was a delight. Orvan is our new go to place for trusted RV service. The added benefit is the great trip to a beautiful area.
Lovelandtraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 07:40 PM   #6

We took our brand new trailer straight from Couch's to Orvan....he found a few things that if not corrected would become issues in a few years down the road.....he's fantastic.

We have a visit scheduled for July to deal with a slide topper issue effecting our bedroom slide...as well as some normal maintenance.

Orvan's the best.
USN 76-82
Retired Dept of Navy: Navy/USMC Flt Test Engineer
Splashes3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 07:48 PM   #7

Great people to deal with, the best for the CC

They are the best for your CC. They specialize in the CC and know the units inside and out. They are the best.
rrekosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 08:32 PM   #8

We been there also and Orvan and his crew are the only ones I will let fix my rig. They are the best!!
mshenygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 09:16 PM   #9

Orvan is terrific

In my opinion there is no other place for my Cedar Creek to go for repairs.
We picked up our CC on Wednesday, December 2, 2020. It had been dropped off to Orvan on Tuesday, November 24, two days before Thanksgiving.
It was scheduled for a new roof and main awning. We also had several items that we wanted to address. After about 2 hours of crawling under, over and around the 5er we had several pages of items listed for the shops attention.
Like others have stated, all work was done professionally, as described, and in the time expected.
Orvan has the knowledge about things that will go wrong if left as is and the capability to prevent them from becoming a problem.
This Cedar Creek was built in February 2011 and is now more mechanically sound than ever. The full body paint looks beautiful, all systems are go and we are set for many more years of RV adventures. Thank you again Orvan Fry and Amish Family RV.
Travel safe
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F11B4CE7-667C-4631-987A-13B50324D831.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	262.2 KB
ID:	244283  
FordHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 09:20 PM   #10

Help!! Why is my rig on its roof? I would swear it was a tree limb that tore my roof membrane!
That photo was right side up last time I saw it.
Can an admin turn me over please?
Travel safe
FordHaul is offline   Reply With Quote