Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-02-2020, 09:13 AM   #1

Master bath toilet drain

We have a 2020 Cedar Creek Hathaway 38DBRK. The master bath toilet has a issue with draining like it should. Even with the minimal amount of TP, it will plug up. All of the time it seams to bubble back at you with just water. When it seams to plug up, I have run a snake through to the tank and doesn't do any good. If I have DW hold the foot valve and I go and tap on the drain pipe, swoosh it drains out. What y'all think is going on?
Old 03-02-2020, 09:21 AM   #2
Site Team

Might not be using enough water on each flush. Water is your friend.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 09:31 AM   #3

I think the first thing I would do is dump the tank if it will drain and then water jet the tank using an installed tank cleaner or a hand held wand type and do this until you have nothing but clear water running out the sewer drain seem you may have a poop pyramid (thats just a guess)
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 10:00 AM   #4

Never hook up to sewer and leave the black tank valve open. Let the tank mostly fill before dumping, otherwise you will build up a dam of paper and you-know-what in the tank.
barnbnb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 02:51 PM   #5

Vent Problem?

This is a brand new unit? Maybe an issue with the vent?

Ford F150 5.4L B&W Companion Hitch
updated to Andersen Aluminum Ultimate Hitch 2017
drelec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 03:46 PM   #6

Two toilets

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimla View Post
We have a 2020 Cedar Creek Hathaway 38DBRK. The master bath toilet has a issue with draining like it should. Even with the minimal amount of TP, it will plug up. All of the time it seams to bubble back at you with just water. When it seams to plug up, I have run a snake through to the tank and doesn't do any good. If I have DW hold the foot valve and I go and tap on the drain pipe, swoosh it drains out. What y'all think is going on?
Usually, the toilet in the trailer is mounted directly above the black tank and waste products drop directly down into it. In a trailer with two toilets, it is unlikely that both toilets are mounted that way. One probably is over an elbow and straight run into the side of the tank. Running waste product horizontally is undesirable--it may even be counter to residential plumbing codes--but in a trailer there's no other choice. Is that your situation?

It is possible that the bathroom has a HepvO trap to prevent odors from the pipe flowing into the bathroom when you flush? This could be an impediment to flushing solids and you could have damaged it with the snake. You should never snake a HepvO trap.

Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 04:28 PM   #7

Quote:
does it so it just right after you dump the black tank or a day or two after a dump ? could be the vent pipe slid down in the tank and is being covered with water or the vent is clogged
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 11:13 PM   #8

They donít put Hepvo traps inToilets . The main toilet should be a straight shot down to tank . Should be a black tank for your second. Just fill completely with water flush it do it again . Put a couple of gal in it before you use it and make sure you use RV/Marine toilet paper . Flush well each time . If you have full hook ups it is not a contest to see how many days before you flush the black tank . Better more often then less just make sure you fill it with water if you donít have much it the tank before flushing .
jacknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 11:44 PM   #9

Quote:
Letís get some more data..when you say minimal TP, is that just TP or TP with a #2? Do you fill the bowl about halfway with water before a #2?

Iím not sure that you topping on the pipe is the fix, it may just be the added water pressure as DW holds the pedal down.

Put lots of water in before you do your business if you are not already. Let I know if you are already doing this and we can move to next suggestions
RadMini Stepthru eBikes

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 11:55 PM   #10

Do you fill the bowl 1/2 full with water before you go???????
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 06:31 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacknife View Post
They donít put Hepvo traps inToilets . The main toilet should be a straight shot down to tank . Should be a black tank for your second. Just fill completely with water flush it do it again . Put a couple of gal in it before you use it and make sure you use RV/Marine toilet paper . Flush well each time . If you have full hook ups it is not a contest to see how many days before you flush the black tank . Better more often then less just make sure you fill it with water if you donít have much it the tank before flushing .

Bingo!! Give this guy his prize, the tanks in the Creeks are very sensitive to contents. A great enzyme and RV Poop Paper, anything else like "septic safe" does not break down well enough or fast enough and it will clog. I've tested the theory and it proved out every time.
2020 Cedar Creek Hathaway 34IK, Reese 19K Sidewinder PB.
Daycruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 07:54 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daycruiser View Post
Bingo!! Give this guy his prize, the tanks in the Creeks are very sensitive to contents. A great enzyme and RV Poop Paper, anything else like "septic safe" does not break down well enough or fast enough and it will clog. I've tested the theory and it proved out every time.
?? a black tank is a black tank the only difference is how it's piped into . with the 5th there is a ways to go before it hits the tank many times the edges of the pipes when put together were not cleaned before gluing and cause hang up . I have not found any additive that will break up poop and paper in a few days . this decomposition takes longer then the poop is stored . scotts 1000 breaks up better then any over priced RV toilet paper and the geo method works well
Old 03-17-2020, 09:03 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.M View Post
?? a black tank is a black tank the only difference is how it's piped into . with the 5th there is a ways to go before it hits the tank many times the edges of the pipes when put together were not cleaned before gluing and cause hang up . I have not found any additive that will break up poop and paper in a few days . this decomposition takes longer then the poop is stored . scotts 1000 breaks up better then any over priced RV toilet paper and the geo method works well
Right!

Lots of utube tests showing how different brands break up in your tank. The "Great Value" everyday soft brand from Wally mart is a consistent winner and is pretty cost effective. If you want to pay four prices for "RV" branded tp, go for it!

Your black tank is a holding tank, not a septic system. No need to add enzymes or chemicals to cause it to mimic what goes on in a septic tank. Use plenty of water and allow it to get over half full before you dump. And never leave any of your dump valves open when hooked to a full service hookup, including the grey tanks.

2016 F350 CC Dually Powerstroke 4x4
2014 Cedar Creek 34RLSA w/Level Up
2007 HD Ultra Classic 103
USS Pyro AE-24 WestPac MM2 '71-'75
SlowrideHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 11:22 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowrideHD View Post
Right!

Lots of utube tests showing how different brands break up in your tank. The "Great Value" everyday soft brand from Wally mart is a consistent winner and is pretty cost effective. If you want to pay four prices for "RV" branded tp, go for it!

Your black tank is a holding tank, not a septic system. No need to add enzymes or chemicals to cause it to mimic what goes on in a septic tank. Use plenty of water and allow it to get over half full before you dump. And never leave any of your dump valves open when hooked to a full service hookup, including the grey tanks.
sorry missed the first word in your post RIGHT lol disregard rest of post lol
Not sure your talking to me since i did not advocate using rv TP . but scotts 1000 which has shown to be better then rv paper . nor do i advocate using the drop in enzymes or anything else . i use the geo method for no smell and clean sensors
Old 03-17-2020, 10:02 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.M View Post
sorry missed the first word in your post RIGHT lol disregard rest of post lol
Not sure your talking to me since i did not advocate using rv TP . but scotts 1000 which has shown to be better then rv paper . nor do i advocate using the drop in enzymes or anything else . i use the geo method for no smell and clean sensors

Right!

I was agreeing with you completely!

2016 F350 CC Dually Powerstroke 4x4
2014 Cedar Creek 34RLSA w/Level Up
2007 HD Ultra Classic 103
USS Pyro AE-24 WestPac MM2 '71-'75
SlowrideHD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drain