Old 01-26-2020, 12:22 AM   #1

Mid-bunk tv install on 37mbh...

As title states, Iíve got a 2020 37mbh and am looking at mounting a tv in the mid bunk. I see no mounting sticker, but itís obviously made for a tv, as there are coax outlets in the room. The wall sounds like there is a plate behind it, but I donít want to go drilling if there isnít one there. Does anyone know for sure? Should there have been a mounting sticker on the wall? Much appreciated.

TruckDriver1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 09:10 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckDriver1973 View Post
As title states, Iíve got a 2020 37mbh and am looking at mounting a tv in the mid bunk. I see no mounting sticker, but itís obviously made for a tv, as there are coax outlets in the room. The wall sounds like there is a plate behind it, but I donít want to go drilling if there isnít one there. Does anyone know for sure? Should there have been a mounting sticker on the wall? Much appreciated.

We also have an MBH, but did not mount a tv. My experience is that if thereís a wood backer for mounting a tv there will be a label there, and there wasnít. You could try and mount it to what I assume is the metal backing for the walls, but I canít speak to how much weight they would hold as theyíre just designed to hold up paper thin walls. These are probably 1Ē wide and I donít know if theyíre solid. Historically Iíve strayed away from drilling randomly into camper walls. They run wiring and such in some weird spots. Let me know what you decide to do.

HappilyLost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 09:30 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappilyLost View Post
We also have an MBH, but did not mount a tv. My experience is that if thereís a wood backer for mounting a tv there will be a label there, and there wasnít. You could try and mount it to what I assume is the metal backing for the walls, but I canít speak to how much weight they would hold as theyíre just designed to hold up paper thin walls. These are probably 1Ē wide and I donít know if theyíre solid. Historically Iíve strayed away from drilling randomly into camper walls. They run wiring and such in some weird spots. Let me know what you decide to do.

I ended up using a stud finder... thereís definitely backer there, as there is a cable outlet on the wall. I could probably hang from that mount... haha. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0797.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	179.3 KB
ID:	222921
Old 02-06-2020, 09:31 AM   #4

Not sure why the picture showed up twice. Anyway, itís a 32Ē tv...itís on an extending base that is lockable. Appears to be quite solid. Time will tell.
Old 02-06-2020, 09:38 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckDriver1973 View Post
Not sure why the picture showed up twice. Anyway, itís a 32Ē tv...itís on an extending base that is lockable. Appears to be quite solid. Time will tell.

It only shows 1 to me, for whatever reason it seems to always show 2 to the OP.

Good work looks nice
HappilyLost is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bunk