Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2020, 12:22 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 12
Mid-bunk tv install on 37mbh...

As title states, Iíve got a 2020 37mbh and am looking at mounting a tv in the mid bunk. I see no mounting sticker, but itís obviously made for a tv, as there are coax outlets in the room. The wall sounds like there is a plate behind it, but I donít want to go drilling if there isnít one there. Does anyone know for sure? Should there have been a mounting sticker on the wall? Much appreciated.
__________________

TruckDriver1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 09:10 PM   #2
Member
 
HappilyLost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckDriver1973 View Post
As title states, Iíve got a 2020 37mbh and am looking at mounting a tv in the mid bunk. I see no mounting sticker, but itís obviously made for a tv, as there are coax outlets in the room. The wall sounds like there is a plate behind it, but I donít want to go drilling if there isnít one there. Does anyone know for sure? Should there have been a mounting sticker on the wall? Much appreciated.


We also have an MBH, but did not mount a tv. My experience is that if thereís a wood backer for mounting a tv there will be a label there, and there wasnít. You could try and mount it to what I assume is the metal backing for the walls, but I canít speak to how much weight they would hold as theyíre just designed to hold up paper thin walls. These are probably 1Ē wide and I donít know if theyíre solid. Historically Iíve strayed away from drilling randomly into camper walls. They run wiring and such in some weird spots. Let me know what you decide to do.
__________________

HappilyLost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 09:30 AM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappilyLost View Post
We also have an MBH, but did not mount a tv. My experience is that if thereís a wood backer for mounting a tv there will be a label there, and there wasnít. You could try and mount it to what I assume is the metal backing for the walls, but I canít speak to how much weight they would hold as theyíre just designed to hold up paper thin walls. These are probably 1Ē wide and I donít know if theyíre solid. Historically Iíve strayed away from drilling randomly into camper walls. They run wiring and such in some weird spots. Let me know what you decide to do.


I ended up using a stud finder... thereís definitely backer there, as there is a cable outlet on the wall. I could probably hang from that mount... haha. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0797.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	179.3 KB
ID:	222921
TruckDriver1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 09:31 AM   #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 12
Not sure why the picture showed up twice. Anyway, itís a 32Ē tv...itís on an extending base that is lockable. Appears to be quite solid. Time will tell.
TruckDriver1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 09:38 AM   #5
Member
 
HappilyLost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckDriver1973 View Post
Not sure why the picture showed up twice. Anyway, itís a 32Ē tv...itís on an extending base that is lockable. Appears to be quite solid. Time will tell.


It only shows 1 to me, for whatever reason it seems to always show 2 to the OP.

Good work looks nice
HappilyLost is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bunk

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:58 AM.


×