Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-23-2019, 06:03 PM   #21

I laugh every time I read these posts. These steps COULD NOT be easier to deploy, easier to clean, easier to fold, easier to adjust, easier to use and more solid if they tried.

And yet, people have to come on here to bash and complain about them.

You bought them, or bought an RV with them. It's nobody's fault but yours.
2rad4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 06:10 PM   #22

I have a friend that swears by them just not for us. A lot of people love them. Cedar Creek installs then on new campers. Sometimes the factory will let you option in the old steps. A lot of people like the new Cedar Creek Hathaway that doesn’t have the rear cap, not us. Different people like different stuff on campers, if it works for you I say great
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 06:50 PM   #23
waybeck2018

The DW loves these due to her vertigo and lack of leg strength. She really likes the stability it provides. Yes, a pain now and then to deploy but overall we are pleased with them.
waybeck2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 08:29 PM   #24

While I mentioned problems I encountered for others to avoid, these very stable steps were one of the selling points on the TT I selected. I did have to carpet them for my dog to use them.
Boomerweps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 08:41 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2rad4u View Post
I laugh every time I read these posts. These steps COULD NOT be easier to deploy, easier to clean, easier to fold, easier to adjust, easier to use and more solid if they tried.

You are right opinions vary! And we all know there is pluses and minuses to everything. I’m glad I read this thread, I didn’t have on my list to deploy these properly.
MikeRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 09:37 PM   #26

I really like mine but am having issues with the strp threshold rubbing on bottom of the door even with them fully adjusted in. This makes the steps lean downward.

I’m gonna try the driving on boards and see if that helps.
Rdeejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 10:11 PM   #27

2rad4u said it all.
ba964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 10:41 PM   #28
Jayhawker

MORyde steps

Quote:
Originally Posted by ba964 View Post
2rad4u said it all.
Totally agree!
Jayhawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 11:22 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdeejr View Post
I really like mine but am having issues with the strp threshold rubbing on bottom of the door even with them fully adjusted in. This makes the steps lean downward.

I added them to our camper and love them 95% of the time. I was having this same issue and have figured out once I level the steps if they are rubbing the door like you describe (I trimmed the screen door so I don’t have an issue there) I will stand on the top step and jump a couple of times and that usually sets the step threshold perfectly. It’s heavy enough gauge metal I don’t see metal fatigue setting in for a long time.
Old 01-24-2019, 12:21 AM   #30
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2rad4u View Post

It’s not about fault, it’s about pros and cons to a product. By your logic, no one should complain about anything ever. That would make for a boring forum!

No product is perfect. Why not discuss the disadvantages and talk about possible solutions?
Old 01-24-2019, 03:28 AM   #31

I have had an issue once in the storage lot with needing to get inside to reset our leveling system. We were fortunate that there was clearance between our neighboring trailer, so we had room to fold down the steps. I was concerned of what we would do if we did no have enough clearance. Contacting MORryde was no help.

I decided to drill out the rivets holding the leg assembly onto the pivot and replace them with clevis pins. Now, if if ever need access to the trailer when I am unable to fold them down I will be able to remove the pins and take off the steps temporarily.

I have not had any issues with being parked to close since!

Jim
Old 01-24-2019, 06:33 AM   #32

Quote:

I too have that issue. I am on boards and not much help. I think I am going to remove the door sweep to see if it helps. Other than that I like. My rig has 2 entry with a standard step on it. Makes potty breaks easy while enroute.
Old 01-24-2019, 06:44 AM   #33
"On the road again"

Got to say...we LOVE ours. We keep a small "whisk broom" in the side compartment of the trailer for a quick sweep before folding them in. We are in our fifth wheel at least 8 days each month year-round and we've been fortunate not to have to pack up in rain. I can imagine that would be problematic with water on the steps being folded in.

But, all in all, much safer and much more stable in my opinion.

Robert & Estha Shiflet
Georgetown XL 378TS
Jeep Gladiator Willys Tow Vehicle
rjshiflet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 06:54 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshiflet View Post
We are in our fifth wheel at least 8 days each month year-round and we've been fortunate not to have to pack up in rain. I can imagine that would be problematic with water on the steps being folded in.
Small hand towel.

Lift steps, shake a little to drop any standing water, lower steps, wipe with towel, fold up, lay towel inside door (under steps) to catch any residual dripping. Easy

This also "cleans" the steps so your killing two birds with one stone.

Also, I made sure my awning covered both entrances so not getting wet while camping is a plus.
Old 01-24-2019, 07:22 AM   #35

We love our steps, I originally used a "whisk broom" until I was using my cordless leaf blower an thought why not use it to blow off the steps.

It is a small blower I remove the "tube" and use just the blower itself, fits in a small compartment next to the steps. It will blow off any loose dirt along with any water on the steps, if you reinstall the "tube" you can use it to blow loose dirt off your camping mat

Camping: Where you spend a small fortune to live like a homeless person.
Fundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 08:00 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Y'all are making me love my Glowstep Revolution steps by Torklift with each post. Sorry to George & Nancy for the issues you had and the bent door. That sucks!
X5

They are expensive, but we got a good deal on Black Friday.
Old 01-24-2019, 08:05 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerweps View Post
While I mentioned problems I encountered for others to avoid, these very stable steps were one of the selling points on the TT I selected. I did have to carpet them for my dog to use them.
Did the same and wrapped each step with the strap on tread covers. had to mod the one for the top step, but when they get really dirty I just take them off and hose em down.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 10:55 AM   #38

Quote:

I'm not sure of your issue. These steps need to effectively be hanging from the top hinge so the top hinge lays flat on the threshold. Then extend the feet. Granted you do not want to literally be hanging all that weight on the hinge. If the hinged section sticks up even a little bit, it will interfere with the door opening.
Boomerweps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 12:56 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerweps View Post
I'm not sure of your issue. These steps need to effectively be hanging from the top hinge so the top hinge lays flat on the threshold. Then extend the feet. Granted you do not want to literally be hanging all that weight on the hinge. If the hinged section sticks up even a little bit, it will interfere with the door opening.
It seems easy enough...
Old 01-24-2019, 03:53 PM   #40

I actually like them very much but had not thought of the access while in storage issue. I will add that after one month one of the bolts to the shocks supporting the weight sheared making it very heavy to lift and a little dangerous to lower. I was surprised that there was that much stress on a 1/2" bolt.
rocco52 is offline   Reply With Quote