Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-21-2019, 09:24 PM   #1

MORryde Steps

I'm beginning to hate these steps. The Mooryde steps are the solid steps that fold up into the door vs. extending/retracting under the door. 1st off, whenever you fold them up, whatever dirt and crude is on them, ends up in the RV. The real problem I have with them is that I forgot to adjust them at our new campsite and when I closed the door, the bottom of the door snagged the step and bent the door a little. Crap!!!!! Now, I was able to straighten it out but it's still a bummer. Just have to remember lower them (retract the extendable legs) as far as they can go each time we set up.

Gsykora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 10:21 PM   #2

Can you remove them and install conventional steps?

2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 50K+ mile
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 10:37 PM   #3

I feel your pain sir, we have the Lippert version on our 36 CK2 and I find myself talking out loud prior to fully extending the steps or closing the door for the first time after deployment. But once adjusted both of us and the dog are starting to warm up to the stability offered.

He who dies with the most tools, wins!
SilhouettePenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 08:50 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilhouettePenny View Post
I feel your pain sir, we have the Lippert version on our 36 CK2 and I find myself talking out loud prior to fully extending the steps or closing the door for the first time after deployment. But once adjusted both of us and the dog are starting to warm up to the stability offered.
Yes, once adjusted, they are very stable. I guess I'll just need to take more care when closing the door for the first time after setting up.

Old 01-22-2019, 09:13 AM   #5
Site Team

I carry an 8 or so inch bullet level for plumbing my DIRECTV antenna post. After my trailer is level, I put that bullet level on a step tread of my MORryde steps and adjust the feet until the step treads are level. That lets me know my door will close correctly and it only takes 3 minutes. This leveling process helps my DW navigate the steps since she has vertigo/equilibrium issues.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 09:38 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
I carry an 8 or so inch bullet level for plumbing my DIRECTV antenna post. After my trailer is level, I put that bullet level on a step tread of my MORryde steps and adjust the feet until the step treads are level. That lets me know my door will close correctly and it only takes 3 minutes. This leveling process helps my DW navigate the steps since she has vertigo/equilibrium issues.
Good tip! I have learned to like the steps and make allowances when parked.
2017 Ford F350 SRW CC SWB 4x2
Demco Hijacker Autoslide 18k Hitch
sh1pper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 10:00 AM   #7

We've only had our TT about 5 weeks and I already have a love-hate relationship with these steps. They work great, they don't flex when stepping on them, you can adjust them for uneven surfaces, and I just sweep them off before returning them to the travel position. My main problem is our storage lot. I can't get in the TT without hitching up and pulling forward due to the lack of space to the next TT. I'm going to convert to the MORryde Quick Connect Step and store it in the pass-thru.
woo10-210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 10:45 AM   #8

I like steps a lot but...
They can be a PITA if your site angles upward on the step's side. I had to reconnect the TT and block up both sides vice just one to level AND lift it high enough to use the fold down steps. Because after I initially leveled the TT side to side and dis connected the TV, I found the steps would not lay down on the threshold allowing the door to close, even literally pounding the feet up into the step frame.
The same problem can occur if your trailer sinks into soft ground, always use large boards under the wheels on bare ground. I used Lynx levelers and when this happened to me, after moving the trailer onto boards, I had to use a prybar to unstick the Lynx out of the ground ;( Luckily, when the wheels sank in the ground, I had the step's feet extended slightly and was able to retract them enough to make them hang and open the door to fold in the steps prior to repositioning the TT.
The door opening and closing correctly isn't about being level. It's about the top of the steps being flush with door threshold. The steps need to lay on the threshold.
Boomerweps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 10:53 AM   #9

Very small down sides for the great steps that they are. I added them to my unit and still have the old folding junk steps tucked under my unit. My dog would not do the old steps alone, now she can get in on her own without help.

My only frustration is having to drop them during loading. used to just open the door and pile bags in. I can live with a little dirt when leaving. I crush a beer can and use as shim under one leg if the ground is not level.
Kimber45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 11:58 AM   #10
Always Learning

Y'all are making me love my Glowstep Revolution steps by Torklift with each post. Sorry to George & Nancy for the issues you had and the bent door. That sucks!
Old 01-22-2019, 12:04 PM   #11
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Y'all are making me love my Glowstep Revolution steps by Torklift with each post. Sorry to George & Nancy for the issues you had and the bent door. That sucks!
X2...

JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 12:29 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
X3

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 01:00 PM   #13

When I first saw them I wished we had them. Watching it since I have noticed a lot of times I need to go get something from the trailer while it is in storage. The next trailer can be too close sometimes. We also make roadside of rest stop lunches and from what I see here we would need to level our steps each time.
Canadiancrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 01:29 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiancrew View Post
When I first saw them I wished we had them. Watching it since I have noticed a lot of times I need to go get something from the trailer while it is in storage. The next trailer can be too close sometimes. We also make roadside of rest stop lunches and from what I see here we would need to level our steps each time.
You don't need to level up for a quick bathroom break. Just be careful to to step on the very top. It may not be seated on the threshold and could bend. Also don't close the RV door as if not level you could damage the door. I do quick breaks on off/on ramps all the time this way, never a problem.
Hensley Hitch
Cabinfever97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 01:53 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiancrew View Post
Oh ya, I forgot about not being able to open them when in storage. I've got the "exact" location of our storage space marked out so that's not a problem - but it was when we first got there.

Old 01-23-2019, 02:46 PM   #16

Yes they are causing me the same problem in storage. I can’t get even close to getting in the door with a 50 fit boat right next to me
MikeRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 03:16 PM   #17

Truly love mine...as does the wife. I don't have the storage issues some of you have, but I can see where that would be a problem. Love the stability they provide and I've never had trouble on uneven ground...as I anticipated that scenario and made some wood blocks to use under the feet if needed.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 04:22 PM   #18
Jayhawker

MORyde steps

MoRyde steps were one of the selling points for us when we bought our Surveyor TT. No issues, no problems, no shaking going in or out.
Jayhawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 04:55 PM   #19

I Love the MORryde steps but they will not work on my Cedar Creek and I can't afford the GloSteps. they cost double of what the MORryde steps cost.
Amateur Radio W5CI 2019 Days Camping 25
2020 Days Camping 7
W5CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 05:53 PM   #20
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by W5CI View Post
I Love the MORryde steps but they will not work on my Cedar Creek and I can't afford the GloSteps. they cost double of what the MORryde steps cost.
And they cost double for good reason... more funtionality!

And less than half the weight...
JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote