Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-08-2015, 12:07 PM   #21

I can’t speak to what is on your invoice or how much movement you felt in your particular Silverback but I will say this. I have never seen electric jacks installed on any Silverback or Cedar Creek that had the six-point level up system, and I've seen a lot. The times I have visited with folks that have the level up system their trailers were solid. Just saying.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 01:21 PM   #22

Our four point system has no back stabilizers either

The six point systems should have all four corners plus a set behind the wheels correct??

We are considering adding a set of rear crank down stabilizers on our Crusader - set up on seasonal and it seems to be kinda jiggly in the back yet....
heavynlori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 01:52 PM   #23

We noticed the missing electric jacks when we were looking to buy. Looked under Silverbacks and Cedar Creeks at 3 or 4 dealership's lots. Not one of them had them. The date of MFG spanned from July to November. I mentioned this to 2 of the dealers and was told that they are backed out of the price of the 6 point systems. I have jumped around in the back of units and not noticed any movement to speak of.
I have to say though....seeing this appear on the invoice( an it is on mine also ) is very strange.
2 for the road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 02:09 PM   #24

Your trailers are to short to have a 6 point, the rear would be fighting all the time to find level. If you have the 4 point you should have stabilizers in the rear. In fact you really need them in the rear. Anything below 32' will only get a 4 point. that is per lippard. I know they would not install the 6 point that I ordered and left the electric rear stabs on. After level then you put them down. If you were invoiced for them I would see my dealer and have them installed. It will make a difference in your stabilization. I have tried both ways. 6 point system you would not need them.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 02:48 PM   #25

Not sure who's trailer you are referencing, but my 29 RE has 6 point, as does all of the 2015 Silverbacks that I saw.
I think you might need to special order from Cedar Creek if you did not want them.
2 for the road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 03:00 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
Your trailers are to short to have a 6 point, the rear would be fighting all the time to find level. If you have the 4 point you should have stabilizers in the rear. In fact you really need them in the rear. Anything below 32' will only get a 4 point. that is per lippard. I know they would not install the 6 point that I ordered and left the electric rear stabs on. After level then you put them down. If you were invoiced for them I would see my dealer and have them installed. It will make a difference in your stabilization. I have tried both ways. 6 point system you would not need them.
Glijurczyk; we are talking about Cedar Creek products. Currently the shortest Silverbacks are the 29IK and 29RE and both are just an inch short of 34 feet long. The six point level-up system is an option for all Silverback models and I believe standard equipment on the Cedar Creek models. Don’t be fooled by model numbers, they don’t reflect the actual length of the trailer. My 29RL Silverback is 34 feet 6 inches long.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 03:41 PM   #27

well,

I looked at everything and i was happy with the deal. I am pretty sure the invoice has stabilizers listed.

I have the 6 point Level Up system, front landing gear, just in front of front axles and then mid way between rear axle and rear of coach. I have yet to see a forest river invoice with a minus symbol on it where something was removed. I have it sitting on uneven ground by my driveway...and it's the most solid platform I've had out of my last three 5ers.

Salt

Lose the 2nd and the rest will follow.
Salt Shaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 04:47 PM   #28

Well my 29 IK gets real bouncy when the six point system and the rig are on any inclined or unleveled surface, so let the Bounce house begin.
Besides It's a thing with me i guess, not to pay for equipment thats clearly marked on the invoice with $$ next to it.
Zoo1392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 11:33 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
Whats lippard?
goduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 03:11 PM   #30

You will have to give me your engineering synopsis as to why the trailer/coach is to short for six point leveling. The system does great job at Leveling the Coach, but as the name implies it's a leveling system. The Reference datum to arm is almost 11' which puts quite a bit of moment at the aft end.
I've gone over the numbers with the Eng tech at Cedar Creek and they confirmed that the given the amount of moment the Stabilizer Jacks are needed. We operated the Coach the first two months without the rear Stabilizers. There in quite a bit of vertical movement when standing sitting or movement around or aft of the rear wheels.
Old 01-09-2015, 03:21 PM   #31

I would look at the corners when the slides are fully extended. Just lift up the carpet and look to see if you can see daylight. I've been in six different rigs and it's the same on any Cedar Creek models that you can see daylight under the carpet at the edges. It's like they got to that part of the design did not follow through. took mine to the dealer and was told they are all like that.. there is not inter seal so when the slide is in your looking at the raw cutout, which looks unfinished..
Old 01-09-2015, 06:35 PM   #32

My SOB brand is the same way. Must be the same slide mechanism. Disappointing to say the least. So much for the touted 4 seasons rating. I ended up crawling underneath and adding some screws to hold the rubber seal tighter. It's amazing what you can find by lifting carpet or snooping around behind drawers and access panels.
Old 01-10-2015, 03:06 PM   #33

Well I understand now about where to look before purchasing my next rig and due dil·i·gence in regards to inspection.
Eliminate the rest
Old 01-10-2015, 03:16 PM   #34

That's the problem with trying to look at say an RV show. On our next purchase we will still look at an RV shows because there's a large assortment of models to look at. But when it comes to the final choices I'll head to the dealer and do some snooping behind the bling. Just ask the sale guy for some free time inside. That's when you can get a good look around.
Old 01-10-2015, 03:35 PM   #35

Amen Brother, I did the same thing told the sales guy I wanted to spend some quality time with the rig, he actually huffed away. The pay off was to find missing Electric Stabilizer jacks $600 (marked On Invoice) Cable reel, missing spare tire carrier, a black water valve that would not function..and to top of the list a an inspection of the roof revealed that the AC shroud crunched (caused when dealer pulled it out of the showroom and hit the overhead door.
2014 Cedar Creek 29IK
Eliminate the rest