Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-16-2020, 10:01 AM   #1

Mystery switches

Hello all. We have recently purchased a second-hand Cedar Creek 33LCDTS and, sadly, it came without an owners manual. We have, through trial and error, identified all the switches and their function...but for two. The two I speak of are the two in the lower left of the image: the one marked "Glide in/out" and the lighted on on the very bottom. The lighted one only lights up from time to time and we have not been able to relate anything with the timing of the light. Also, the lit switch seems to have a dim side and a brighter side. Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers
Sorry, image went in sideways. The two switches in question are now top two on the right.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Trailer switches.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	270.2 KB
ID:	239244  
Ffergie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 10:11 AM   #2

Top two or bottom two on the right? Could they be tank heaters?
Old 09-16-2020, 10:14 AM   #3

Thanks for the reply. I thought maybe the lighted one could be a tank heater but unsure how to check that. I thought someone here would know right off what they were or at least how to check. Cheers
Old 09-16-2020, 12:36 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ffergie View Post
Thanks for the reply. I thought maybe the lighted one could be a tank heater but unsure how to check that. I thought someone here would know right off what they were or at least how to check. Cheers
If that is for your water heater, make sure you have water in it first. The glide in/out switch is most likely for your slides indicated by the TS on your model name.

Welcome to the forum.

2018 Cedar Creek 36CK2 (40.5ft)
TST Cap System (Tire Monitoring)
2021 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab 4X4 DRW Duramax (replaced 2015 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab 4X4 Duramax)
Curt A25 5th Wheel Hitch (replaced Demco 18K Auto-slide)
LittleBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 12:39 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBill View Post
If that is for your water heater, make sure you have water in it first. The glide in/out switch is most likely for your slides indicated by the TS on your model name.

Welcome to the forum.
Interesting. The slides are electric/hydraulic and are controlled from a location in the battery compartment, why would there be a remote switch as well?
10-4 on the water heater.
Thanks
Old 09-16-2020, 12:52 PM   #6

Quote:
Interesting. The slides are electric/hydraulic and are controlled from a location in the battery compartment, why would there be a remote switch as well?
Thanks
I have an in/out switch for my slides in the battery compartment, in the main switch location inside the camper, as well as a remote control.

If your camper is an all season, the lighted switch may be the tank heat pads. I think that with mine, even if the switch is on, the tanks don't heat unless below a certain temperature. I'd have to look it up but I know they will come on and go off as needed.

Could be your switch to turn on the propane burner for the water heater?

2016 F350 CC Dually Powerstroke 4x4
2014 Cedar Creek 34RLSA w/Level Up
2007 HD Ultra Classic 103
USS Pyro AE-24 WestPac MM2 '71-'75
SlowrideHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 01:26 PM   #7

Our 2019 Cedar Creek also has 3 ways to move the slide....remote control, inside the trailer, and in the control station. We open/close our slides using the inside switch much more than the other 2 ways.

I agree that the lighted switch is either for tank heating pads or the water heater. I think the tank heating pads work when the temp is around 35 deg...if you have them turned on in the first place.

Good Luck.
USN 76-82
Retired Dept of Navy: Navy/USMC Flt Test Engineer
Splashes3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 01:27 PM   #8

Quote:
Thanks
I suspect that maybe the one in your pic is the one the factory intended you to use and the one in the battery compartment is an auxiliary in case something else has failed. Or it could be vice-versa, depending on how you interpret the factory's intent, as most units today have multiple places for control. Inside one is handy for when you bring in the slides and you can watch (make sure) nothing is in the way. Did you happen to try it? I would suspect that the switch in the battery compartment is also (again if something else have failed) for your hydraulic jacks, if so equipped.

On mine I have one in three switches that can actually activate my slides, one in the main inside control panel (like where yours is placed - use this most of the time (90%)) and there is one near the hydraulic pump to operate the slides and/or jacks (which I seldom have used, except when had other failures (.1%)) and there is a wireless remote control that can activate my slides (use so can double check clearance when running slides out, if need to (9.9%)), jacks (some functions not auto-level), my main awning (not my 2nd awning) and awning lights. The wireless remote control is in addition to the main switches for everything on it.

Hope this helps. Maybe someone with your exact unit will chime in with more positive advice.

2021 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab 4X4 DRW Duramax (replaced 2015 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab 4X4 Duramax)
Old 09-16-2020, 03:57 PM   #9

So even though there are three slides with three separate hydraulic "valves" in the battery compartment, the single inside switch will control all three slides?
Old 09-16-2020, 09:11 PM   #10
Now a "Top Member"

I only have two slides, both controlled by one switch. In the 10 years I've owned this thing, I never knew I had a switch by the battery that also opened the slides. I was just blown away. So yes, certainly the switch could be your slide switch.
Retired AF MSgt

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 09:18 PM   #11

Quote:
So even though there are three slides with three separate hydraulic "valves" in the battery compartment, the single inside switch will control all three slides?
Yes. One switch inside is held until all three are out. Slide with least resistance goes out first followed by the next with least resistance. That should be considered the main slide control, at least that is the way it is on the newer models.
Old 09-16-2020, 09:56 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cub22908 View Post
Yes. One switch inside is held until all three are out. Slide with least resistance goes out first followed by the next with least resistance. That should be considered the main slide control, at least that is the way it is on the newer models.
Ditto

Tags
switch