Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-14-2019, 06:05 PM   #1

New 2010 cedar creek owner

Just bought a used 2010 Cedar Creek 36re and don’t ha e any manuals on things like what all the water valves do and how water heater works. Anyone have a manual or can even just explain.
campgilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 07:37 PM   #2

Reply to new cedar Creek owner

I am glad you purchased a cedar Creek. I have a 2018 29re, so I think I can help you with the water heater. Mine runs on gas or electric if plugged to shore power. I always use electric if available. There is an on-off switch outside on the water heater. Simply remove the cover to expose the water heater. My switch is located on the bottom left of the unit. Look closely, as it is easy not to see. Turn the switch on and WH should work when plugged in to shore power. Be sure to turn switch off if not needed, since an empty WH tank will result in a burnt heating element in just a few seconds.
The water supply to the trailer is simple. You can choose city water or water from your fresh water tank. If using your tank, the water pump switch, located on your master control panel inside the trailer, must be turned on. If on city water, no pump is needed. You should find a fresh water tank drain valve behind the rear axle on driver's side. I suggest sanitizing your fresh water tank. You tube that subject. Hope this helps you.
Chmb94l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 07:47 PM   #3
Site Team

There really aren't manuals for most RVs. The FR RV manual is so generic it is of little value. My suggestion is get the make, model and serial number from all the OEM appliances in the unit and go to the manufacturer's web site and download the owners manual from there. This should cover 90% of the RV. The model and serial numbers will come in handy when you need parts.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 09:01 PM   #4

We have a 2011 29rl. We love it. It is very user friendly. Post some of your concerns and lots of us can help.
robbiels7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 09:20 PM   #5

What are each of these water valves on the right?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1FA9D657-A9F8-4B1B-8925-81F8644376C2.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	293.1 KB
ID:	209923  
Old 07-15-2019, 05:30 AM   #6

They are the bypass valves to use when you winterize the camper, if set correctly they will bypass your hot water heater, I always forgot which way to set them in the spring and would have to try each one to get it right. One valve looks like a line to draw anti-freeze from the bottle if you choose to winterize with it. Good luck I hope you get it figured out, we had that year and model Cedar Creek and really liked it best of luck with yours.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 07:39 AM   #7

Let me help start the confusion for you....number the valves from top to bottom as they appear in the photo. When the valve head is inline with the tubing then it is open for water to flow. So your valves 1 & 3 are currently open and connect directly to the water heater. This is the normal configuration for water pedastal operation when you connect a water hose. Remove the black plastic guard/cover behind the convenience center in the pic and you can more easily start to understand how your plumbing works.

Anytime you rotate valves 1, 2 & 3 simultaneously then you effectively shut off or "bypass" the water. Then tug gently on the upper part of the hose attached to valve #4. It will be loose at the top in order for you to put it into the antifreeze bottle for winterizing operations. One gallon should be sufficient to prep the coach water lines for cold weather storage. Rotate valve number 4, turn on the water pump and this fills you plumbing system with "pink juice". Flush the lines next spring and reset your valves to their current orientation and your camping.

Remove the anode rod at the bottom of the water heater (make sure the switch at the bottom left is off) to drain the tank, we do this several times each season to keep the water fresh in the camper. Be sure to reverse direction of the valves next time you go camping.

Valve #5 should be connected to the water filter, look behind the panel to confirm where this pipe connects. In the photo the filter appears to be empty, most likely because the previous owner winterized it for you.

He who dies with the most tools, wins!
SilhouettePenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 09:41 AM   #8

So shut off valve 2 for operation. Does the onboard storage tank fill when city water �� s connected
Old 07-15-2019, 10:56 AM   #9

water valves

2013 36CKTS
Valves in Summer position

Valves in winter/winterize position

City or tank fill valve.

cbvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 02:24 PM   #10

When the lever is pointed to city your only running on city. If you move it to the other position it will fill the tank. The low point drain is under the trailer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by campgilliam View Post
So shut off valve 2 for operation. Does the onboard storage tank fill when city water �� s connected
Old 07-16-2019, 07:15 PM   #11

Also is there a power switch that will allow the lights to run when disconnected from power
Old 07-16-2019, 07:32 PM   #12

Your inverter should take care of that. Most of the lights are 12 volt. You should be able to run them anytime you have the red kill switch in the on position. That should be near your dump valves.
Quote:
Also is there a power switch that will allow the lights to run when disconnected from power
Old 07-16-2019, 07:45 PM   #13
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiels7 View Post
Your inverter should take care of that. Most of the lights are 12 volt. You should be able to run them anytime you have the red kill switch in the on position. That should be near your dump valves.
Well -------- an inverter produces 110v A/C current. If your lights are 12v, they are powered from the battery. You have to have the battery disconnect switch set to the Connect mode for power to reach 12v lights (and slides and control boards for water heater, fridge, etc.).

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 10:35 PM   #14

Inverter

Should the refrigerator run off batteries if no power to camper?
Old 07-23-2019, 10:43 PM   #15
Site Team

Quote:
Should the refrigerator run off batteries if no power to camper?
If you have a 2-way RV fridge(absorption), it needs 12v battery power to run on the propane side. The electric side runs on 110v AC power from shore power or generator power.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 11:00 PM   #16

In the header bar at the top of this page you will find a tab called “Library”. Most manuals are there if you search. That revelation was of great use to me, thank you WMTIRE, you may find some help there also. If you can’t find needed info there, as you have seen today, these guys are champs and more than willing to assist.
BTW, Welcome from Kentucky!
Travel safe

I Catch Fish......What is your SuperPower?
FordHauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 08:43 PM   #17

Found the inverter in front storage area, turned it on, unplugged external power and nothing 110 like the, frig, ceiling fan would work.

Tags
cedar creek