Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-20-2019, 12:00 PM   #181

The theatre seats are 120vac but through a converter to some other dc voltage.
They are actually comfortable so far. The dining chairs are pretty subpar as the legs fell off one of the folding chairs. I will rebuild all 4 of them so they will be safe and dependable. I'm pretty certain they were made in some country we've never heard of. If I'd known how flimsy they were I'd have had them deleted. Good thing I have a full woodworking shop at my disposal.
Old 04-20-2019, 12:49 PM   #182

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimchaSabre View Post
So how is it powered by 115 VAC or 12 VDC. If they are AC, is there a battery pack for backup??
The seats are 12 volt DC with a 6 inch square adapter/converter that plugs into the 120 volt AC wall socket behind the theater seating. This converter is too heavy for the two prongs that go into the wall so we fabricated a strap to secure it to the wall with a couple of screws on each side. No battery pack backup, if you are not plugged into the power pedestal then they don't work.

He who dies with the most tools, wins!
SilhouettePenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 12:51 PM   #183

So if they need 120VAC, what happens if I fall asleep in the chair and the power goes out. How will I get out of the chair.
SimchaSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 12:52 PM   #184

Sounds like I will be making a battery pack of some sort.
Old 04-20-2019, 02:28 PM   #185

You're not trapped. You can get out unless you have physical limitations.
Old 04-20-2019, 03:12 PM   #186

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimchaSabre View Post
So if they need 120VAC, what happens if I fall asleep in the chair and the power goes out. How will I get out of the chair.

Why do you need to get out of the chair if the power goes out? Just go back to sleep it will eventually come back on.
2020 Cedar Creek Hathaway 34IK, Reese 19K Sidewinder PB.
Daycruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 03:15 PM   #187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daycruiser View Post
Why do you need to get out of the chair if the power goes out? Just go back to sleep it will eventually come back on.
That is the correct backup plan
Old 04-20-2019, 03:32 PM   #188

If you fall asleep in the theater seat then you obviously chose the wrong (boring) movie. Always recline with plenty of food & beverage at arms length and don't drop the remote. Leave the front door unlocked and eventually, when you're the last camper to leave, someone will stop by to help.

He who dies with the most tools, wins!
SilhouettePenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 03:16 PM   #189

Follow up comments and questions.
We've had our 34IK now since April of '19. It has been mostly trouble free save for the furniture.
Not long after we,placed our order we asked here on the forum about the gray water tanks filling up. Someone suggested adding a 3rd valve to "equalize" the 2 tanks. I did and it wasn't as advertised! I had gray water flooding out of the tank visible from under the gooseneck storage area. Water was gurgling in the kitchen sink as well. I dumped it all on the ground to stop the flood. So, we are back to 2 forever individual tanks. The shower-lavatory tank fills up really quick, like 4 "navy showers" quick. Galley rarely fills up.
Would really like to hear for suggestions from anyone who has been in this situation of trying to maximize the gray water storage.
Old 02-13-2020, 03:51 PM   #190
Stupid Lucky

Tcrossan - we have a 2020 34ik and the grays were configured by CC with one being for washer and bathroom sinks and the other for the shower and kitchen sink. We do not have a washer and even if we did we likely would only use it if we had a full hookup and were running into the issue you described. Orvan replumbed so shower and bathroom sinks flow to one tank and kitchen sink to the other. This works better for us. However, if we don’t have full hookup I will go to shower house at beginning of week and still have tank capacity to shower in RV later in week. DW uses RV shower all the time.- she is deserving of the convenience! $70 parts plus labor. I did pass along suggestion to CC that they consider changing the plumbing as what we have, in my opinion, makes more sense.
Sandbagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 08:30 AM   #191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandbagger View Post
Tcrossan - we have a 2020 34ik and the grays were configured by CC with one being for washer and bathroom sinks and the other for the shower and kitchen sink. We do not have a washer and even if we did we likely would only use it if we had a full hookup and were running into the issue you described. Orvan replumbed so shower and bathroom sinks flow to one tank and kitchen sink to the other. This works better for us. However, if we don’t have full hookup I will go to shower house at beginning of week and still have tank capacity to shower in RV later in week. DW uses RV shower all the time.- she is deserving of the convenience! $70 parts plus labor. I did pass along suggestion to CC that they consider changing the plumbing as what we have, in my opinion, makes more sense.

+1 Having this done on my 34IK in April at Orvan's also. Same problem exactly, the galley fills up in a heartbeat and the bath tank is almost empty. Don't have and won't have a washer/dryer so don't care about those.
Old 02-28-2020, 09:31 AM   #192

Left message at Amish Family RV

I called up to Orvan's this AM and left a message.
About how far out is he booked as we want to plan a trip there for him to reconfigure our grey h2o tanks.
Also interested to know what he charged to make the mod.
Thanks.
tcrossan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 03:47 PM   #193

Quote:

We have a 2020 34lk also and on the first trip out last spring ran into this same problem. And of course in a campground with no sewers We eventually figured out the problem, then ran across this post. Could you tell me how Orvan went about modifying the plumbing to the gray water tanks? Did he cut holes in the bottom or remove the bottom panels? We would like to have this done, but don’t want a bunch of holes cut in bottom. Thanks for the info
RV Grammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 04:18 PM   #194

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Grammy View Post
We have a 2020 34lk also and on the first trip out last spring ran into this same problem. And of course in a campground with no sewers We eventually figured out the problem, then ran across this post. Could you tell me how Orvan went about modifying the plumbing to the gray water tanks? Did he cut holes in the bottom or remove the bottom panels? We would like to have this done, but don’t want a bunch of holes cut in bottom. Thanks for the info
You would remove a panel and slice the insulation to access the tank plumbing. Had to do this to replace a valve in our old silverback.
wayne272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 04:32 PM   #195
Stupid Lucky

Orvan has lifts that will pick up the 34ik in minutes. He did lift the 34ik and removed the bottom panels to do the work. From looking at the work he did I discerned that he re-plumbed the shower to the tank that is tied into the bathroom sinks. The shower drain pipe now runs behind the hot water tank into the basement, across the basement ceiling and out the front of the basement into the front storage area and then down to the tank. I lost no storage space in the basement or the front storage area. The only "hole" that I sealed up is where the pipe goes through the basement wall into the front storage and for that I used spray foam. Not sure if sealing wall breach was even needed but I did it anyhow. The kitchen sinks drain into the other grey tank.

We do not have a washer and I assume that water from washer still drains into same tank as before which is now tied to the shower and bathroom sinks.

I can get you pictures when I take it out of storage but not sure if that is going to be this weekend or beginning of May.
Old 04-13-2020, 10:54 PM   #196

Quote:
Orvan has lifts that will pick up the 34ik in minutes. He did lift the 34ik and removed the bottom panels to do the work. From looking at the work he did I discerned that he re-plumbed the shower to the tank that is tied into the bathroom sinks. The shower drain pipe now runs behind the hot water tank into the basement, across the basement ceiling and out the front of the basement into the front storage area and then down to the tank. I lost no storage space in the basement or the front storage area. The only "hole" that I sealed up is where the pipe goes through the basement wall into the front storage and for that I used spray foam. Not sure if sealing wall breach was even needed but I did it anyhow. The kitchen sinks drain into the other grey tank.

We do not have a washer and I assume that water from washer still drains into same tank as before which is now tied to the shower and bathroom sinks.

I can get you pictures when I take it out of storage but not sure if that is going to be this weekend or beginning of May.

Thanks for the info. Will have to call and set up an appointment .
Old 04-15-2020, 06:19 AM   #197

Quote:
across the basement ceiling and out the front of the basement into the front storage area and then down to the tank.

Can you tell me which side of the front storage compartment the pipes comes through the wall and down? I'm getting ready to re-do the electrical mess in the front compartment and move my batteries and all associated wiring so I want to make sure I don't put something in his way when he re-plumbs mine in June.
Old 04-15-2020, 06:41 AM   #198
Stupid Lucky

Daycruiser - piping goes through the wall between the basement and front compartment about 3' from the right (passenger) side. I am picking up the unit from storage and setting up on Saturday. Once I set up I will take more precise measurements and post pictures. We will be staying in our 34ik until mid-June.
Old 04-15-2020, 07:00 AM   #199

Quote:
Daycruiser - piping goes through the wall between the basement and front compartment about 3' from the right (passenger) side. I am picking up the unit from storage and setting up on Saturday. Once I set up I will take more precise measurements and post pictures. We will be staying in our 34ik until mid-June.
That would be great, just want to make sure I don't mount my new charger, inverter and controller wiring in his way.
Old 05-12-2020, 06:48 PM   #200

Quote:

I was wondering if you have been able to get your unit out of storage yet. We would be interested in seeing pictures of the locations of the plumbing since you had the waste lines reconfigured. We are considering tackling the project ourselves since we seem to have a lot of time on our hands recently although always manage to fill our days!! I don’t want to be exposed to any Covid during a trip to Indiana as a simple cold causes me major problems. My husband looked in the area where all the plumbing is and doesn’t look too complicated. Do you have any insight on anything special Ovran may have done to make this work? Thanks for any info you might have