Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-18-2017, 01:01 PM   #1

New 35 IK owners

We will be getting our 35IK MId May
Saw the threads about batteries. We added the solar panel.
Should we get extra batteries for storage. We will be living permanent in a park for the foreseeable future so will have access to city water sewer and electric.
Also can you put a water purification system in to filter all water??
Thanks
Rod and Dan
rnrodhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 01:09 PM   #2

Two separate questions there so I'll take the easy one first. Yes, you can put a water filter in that will filter all water going into the trailer. If you want the purest drinking water you will may want a Reverse Osmosis machine for that but we get away with only a cartridge filter on the input and a pitcher filter in the fridge.

The question on extra batteries, as you might expect is, "it depends." If you don't expect to be off of the park's electricity for the foreseeable future then probably not, but then why did you pay for the solar panel? Do you have a residential or absorption type refrigerator? Sorry to give you more questions than answers but we really need to know what you intend to do with the solar / battery combo before we can answer.

Enjoy your new camper!

rod
crrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 01:33 PM   #3

Smile 35 IK questions

We have residential appliances, including 3 door fridge freezer with ice maker. We are planning to retire in a few years which was the reason for the solar panel as we plan to do a lot of traveling the first year.
Old 04-18-2017, 03:37 PM   #4

Batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnrodhouston View Post
We have residential appliances, including 3 door fridge freezer with ice maker. We are planning to retire in a few years which was the reason for the solar panel as we plan to do a lot of traveling the first year.
Batteries are part of the prep package that the dealer installs. On my 33ik the standard battery load at my dealer is 3 deep cycle Interstate 12 volt batteries in order to handle the residential fridge that most people go with. We decided to go with the 4 door RV fridge but I insisted that they put the 3 batteries in anyway. It didn't take much insisting though, I can't say enough good things about Cheyenne Camping Center. They have really treated us well.

Cheers and Happy Camping
crrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 12:30 PM   #5

Congratulations on your new camper! Enjoy!
Harris85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 05:27 PM   #6

We love our 2017 35IK. Was the solar panel a factory option. We didn't order ours so I'm curious. We only camp on the weekends so I've considered a solar panel to keep the batteries charged but resorted to disconnecting the battery wires to prevent drainage
4x4x4dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 05:56 AM   #7

Congrats on the 35ik. Picked ours up in February. I really like the quality of these units but here are a few items on mine that I had to resolve. Check everything on delivery.

1. One inside speaker not working. I pulled the Jensen stereo out and redid all the connections.

2. When installing the bedroom dresser, they put a screw into the back of the right outdoor speaker. I replaced the screw with a shorter screw.

3. Rear AC unit cover does not fit flush to the bottom. I believe the guys of the AC is too tall for the cover. I will have the dealership take care of that in May.
Backfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 10:30 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4x4dr View Post
We love our 2017 35IK. Was the solar panel a factory option. We didn't order ours so I'm curious. We only camp on the weekends so I've considered a solar panel to keep the batteries charged but resorted to disconnecting the battery wires to prevent drainage

Yes it was a factory option
Old 06-06-2017, 07:10 PM   #9

for those who have the cathedral slides - since you cannot put slide toppers on these slides, is there a lot of extra care needed prior to pulling in the slides? we routinely sweep our slides off before pulling them in, however, they are straight across. we have purchased a 35IK with 2 cathedral slides and I am getting anxious that these slides might allow a lot of dirt and debris to end up inside the unit especially if it is raining when you need to break camp! ideas and solutions that you are using would be greatly appreciated!

thanks in advance,

K & J
unity9579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 07:39 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by unity9579 View Post
for those who have the cathedral slides - since you cannot put slide toppers on these slides, is there a lot of extra care needed prior to pulling in the slides? we routinely sweep our slides off before pulling them in, however, they are straight across. we have purchased a 35IK with 2 cathedral slides and I am getting anxious that these slides might allow a lot of dirt and debris to end up inside the unit especially if it is raining when you need to break camp! ideas and solutions that you are using would be greatly appreciated!

thanks in advance,

K & J
We purchased our 35ik in Feb and going on our 6th trip this weekend. We camp in Michigan so loads of trees. Never had an issue with branches or leaves on the cathedral slides. We have broken camp twice in rain. The cathedral slanted roofs take care of most of the rain and the seals take care of the rest. We always check for excess water once the slides are in and don't see any issues.

We absolutely love the 35ik. It is quality built as well as a great floor plan.
Backfire is offline   Reply With Quote