Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-20-2018, 06:58 PM   #1
RAF

New CC 40CL Owner

Hello.

My Wife and I just took posession of our 2019 40CL. Love the trailer and couldn't be happier with the quality and workmanship.

We have it all set up at our seasonal camp site and are in the process of building a deck to take advantage of the shade provided by the awnings.

The 40CL is a newer model for Forest River, and isn't much different from the CCK other than the loft. As with all newer products, there will be a few surprises come our way and we will keep you informed with by updated the thread.

Cheers
RAF
RAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 08:18 AM   #2

Welcome to the Forum and enjoy your new Cedar Creek.
Old 06-21-2018, 08:32 AM   #3

Welcome from Wisconsin and congrats on your new CC!
Wiscampsin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 01:17 PM   #4
RAF

So, we've had our new 40CL for about a month now and as promised, here is an update on how the trailer is working out for us.
First and foremost, we love our Cedar Creek Cottage!
We haven't had any significant problems with any of the onboard systems (fingers crossed that it stays that way). Just a few observations to share at this point.

Went with two air conditioning units when we ordered our trailer. I alternate between using each unit every few days and noticed that the second unit vibrates significantly more than the first unit. I'll be keeping an eye on that to see if it becomes problimatic.

Sticking with the air conditioning theme, I find that the 6 ceiling vents in the kitchen and sitting area dump all the cold air in that area, leaving the bedroom with little airflow from the two vents it has.

We will make a suggestion to Forest River that they install vents that you can open and close in the kitchen/living areas to help increase the air flow in the back bedroom. The ones in the loft, back room and bathroom are all adjustable, so why not make them all that way?

Had an issue with the shower where it failed to drain. Checked the tank indicator and it showed that the tank was 2/3rds full. Drained the tank and it inturn drained the shower. Looks like the indicating system isn't all that accurate and I don't believe there's away to calibrate it. Oh well, 2/3rds is now the new "full".

I decided to moved the dinning table about 1.5 inches away from the wall because the blinds would hit the top of the table.

Pretty minor stuff as you see, but we wanted to share our experiences with other Cedar Creek owners, especially those with the 40CL.

That's all for now folks. Have a great day.
RAF is offline   Reply With Quote