Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-14-2014, 06:40 PM   #1

New CC silverback 35qb4

Just bought our new CC and ready for maiden voyage to our seasonal spot. Any experience with this unit? Anything I should be on the lookout for?
miken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 06:45 PM   #2

Look out for GOODTIMES, MEMORIES, and meeting new friends!!!!
Congrats on your new Silverback.
kc8lvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 07:35 PM   #3

Welcome from Wisconsin and congrats on your new Silverback 35qb4.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 12:43 PM   #4

Get some straps to tie the closet/cabinet doors closed on the back wall. With the slides in there is no way to see, or get back there to see if the doors have popped open in transit. We lost a pair of doors on the first trip...

Other than that, everything has worked as advertised. It's an awesome floorplan for travelling with kids!
Old 04-15-2014, 12:51 PM   #5
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIFarmer View Post
Get some straps to tie the closet/cabinet doors closed on the back wall. With the slides in there is no way to see, or get back there to see if the doors have popped open in transit. We lost a pair of doors on the first trip...
We use Velcro OneWrap through door handles of side by side cabinet doors to keep them closed in transit.
Old 04-15-2014, 01:32 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
We use Velcro OneWrap through door handles of side by side cabinet doors to keep them closed in transit.
That's what I picked up. Some A/V cable management straps from WalMart, actually. Never had a door pop open on the old Sunnybrook, so I never gave it a thought. I mean, they give you straps for the drawers on the bottom, so since they don't give you anything for the top doors they shouldn't need anything, right?
Old 04-16-2014, 09:38 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIFarmer View Post

Other than that, everything has worked as advertised. It's an awesome floorplan for travelling with kids!
I use the baby cabinet lock s. I found black ones online so if we do an overnight stop off I don't take them off and they don't show as much

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Forest River Forums mobile app
Old 04-16-2014, 03:34 PM   #8

Great ideas!!!
miken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 04:07 PM   #9

Go check out the Season Camping thread and post up some pictures when you get all situated.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:16 PM   #10

Great idea. I will have to get something before I pick up ours next week.
flyboyerv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 11:51 PM   #11
Plain Old Member

Overall a decent RV, but please do triple check everything from water connections to under the slides. You can follow a few of my threads and see the problems we've been having, the most recent being a wet slide floor due to a poorly sealed t-molding, cracked front cap (round 2 of this) and a cracked outdoor kitchen door. Check the Darco fabric under your slides for tearing or wear. They can install plastic glides to prevent this. We've had a LONG list of problems with ours, most of which I fixed myself. On the sealant on seams, they left a lot that I would usually seal, so 4 tubes of proflex later, it's as good as can be, and I still had a leak. Overall, it's as good as any to us with the modern day way of building them. Fast, cheap and a lot to be desired on the QC level. I suppose we got one of those 1 out of 10 that has issues.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 09:09 PM   #12

Leaving Atlanta early tomorrow heading to south Florida and pick up our 2015 Silverback 33rl. Have the heavy duty PDI sheets and ready to test and double test everything. Dealer said to expect his team to spend 3 hours going through the unit. This is our first rear living unit. We added bedroom ac, Whirlpool micro convection oven, TrailAir hitch . Have new Tire Minder TM66, so hopefully no tire surprises!!
More when we have Silverback experience!!
SilverbackMel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
35qb4