Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-09-2015, 03:21 PM   #1

Smile Newbie....deposit on CC36ckts

We finally are in position to purchase our dream camper...deposit on a 2016 CC36CKTS! Hope to have it by next month! We are reading all we can about everything....should we be as scared as we are of some of the problems that are mentioned here? We have been RV camping for about 20 years (PUP, travel trailer, PUP) but new to 5th wheels. Very excited...but tad nervous, too.
Ouizie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 03:29 PM   #2

Do what you are doing by getting as educated as you can on forums like this. Expect some problems, hold dealer accountable for fixing them, and then enjoy. That's how a huge majority of purchases go. Of course there are exceptions, but don't worry about that. If you are one of the unlucky ones, you will know soon enough and you can worry about it then.
Happy camping!!!
ProPride Hitch
purduepete97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 03:33 PM   #3

Newbie, this is our 3rd fifth wheel and our 6th RV. We did a lot of research and spent many months deciding on our current RV. We have been very pleased with our current CC. We have had very small issues but fixed myself. Nothing worth taking in to the dealer. I think you will be very pleased with your new CC. The warranty folks are very easy to work with if you have any issues. I think you will be very happy.

Tom & Marilyn
2013 Chevrolet Duramax 3500 HD LTZ Crew Cab Long Bed Z71 4X4
2015 Cedar Creek 38RD Hathaway Edition
ttanous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 05:36 PM   #4

Congrats Ouizie! We love our 36CKTS and had very few issues. Make sure you do a very thorough PDI (pre-delivery inspection). If you identify the issues before you take delivery, the dealer will have to fix them. I had 2 issues that showed up after delivery, but my dealer was great at fixing them and did it quickly.
Wish you the best of luck with yours!

2012 Cedar Creek 36CKTS Touring Edition
2015 Ford F-350 CC DRW Lariat
Joe_GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 12:10 PM   #5
Certified Curmudgeon

I too had a '12 36CKTS. A very good 5er IMHO. I had some issues but nothing catastrophic. I suggest you get the Forest River 2nd year limited warranty. It is not a dealer insurance policy. It is an extension of most of the 1st year warranty. If memory serves me correctly, it was $250 for the CC. Mine paid for itself.

I also second Joe's advice about holding the dealer (and FR) accountable for fixing was is not right. Expect to have it in the shop for a while to accomplish that feat.

Good luck and be safe. (and I hope you have a diesel dually to pull that beast)
Old 08-11-2015, 10:11 AM   #6
MC9

I would buy Cedar Creek if it had NO warranty. They take of their stuff for like ever.
MC9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags