Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-13-2017, 11:07 PM   #1

No heat from Tec Flame Model: TT-FRPL-EF01-28

Unit turns on, but no heat when heat requested from remote. Noticed element turns red for a few seconds to start with then quits and" F/C 88" flashes in upper right hand corner. No problem with flame adjustment. Turned unit off then on several times with same results.
rawnrgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 07:56 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to splong16
I have a 2017 36 CKTS that has the same model of fireplace. Forest River replaced the Tec Flame at the rally this year. They had to search for one to replace with. I think that is why they are not using Tec Flame anymore. I would call Denise Davis at the factory and tell her your problem. She works wonders.
Old 10-17-2017, 07:22 PM   #3

OK, I was able to resolve the "no heat" issue on my Tea Flame fireplace. I suspected the arcing I saw at the element when it tried to heat up was caused by dirt on the element. I pulled the element and cleaned it. The unit works fine now. As usual the problem can be very easily fixed at no cost.
Old 10-05-2018, 09:49 AM   #4

I have the same issue in my 2017 36ckts. How do access the element to clean?
rcfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 12:57 PM   #5

No Heat From Etc-Flame Fireplace

To access the fan and element just remove the screws from the outside of the unit and pull the entire fireplace from the wall. Then remove the screws from the panel to expose the fan and element. Don't need to remove the bottom panel.
I was able to clean the fan blades and element with compressed air. The problem was dust build-up on the electrical contacts to the element. You don't have to remove the fan, just the enclosing panel so you can clean it.