Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-18-2019, 01:37 PM   #21

Tube

Why did you not contact a truck tire place and get a tube for your rim?
Bob Vaughn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 02:35 PM   #22

Take a pic of your wheel and any of the listed above business' can tell you if they supplied it or who did. Redit is another to try, they supply all the heavier Keystone products I believe.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 05:45 PM   #23

So Cedar Creek is probably wondering the same thing as me, What happened to the Spare Tire and Wheel that's under the center rear of the coach? Cedar Creek was not likely going to ship anybody a tire and wheel, they use all they have on hand for new units going down the line. Lions Head would have probably been the best idea since as somebody already said supply a large portion of the wheels to Forest River divisions.
2020 Cedar Creek Hathaway 34IK, Reese 19K Sidewinder PB.
Daycruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 06:55 PM   #24
Global Nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daycruiser View Post
So Cedar Creek is probably wondering the same thing as me, What happened to the Spare Tire and Wheel that's under the center rear of the coach? Cedar Creek was not likely going to ship anybody a tire and wheel, they use all they have on hand for new units going down the line. Lions Head would have probably been the best idea since as somebody already said supply a large portion of the wheels to Forest River divisions.
You're not listening. I am not asking Cedar Creek to ship me a tire and wheel. All I am asking is if they know of a place in Tennessee where I can buy one, and if they can tell me the specs for the wheel so I can ask for the correct one for my RV.

Is it too simple for them to say "sorry, we don't know of anyplace where you are located to buy the wheel, but you wheel is a 16" 8 lug 6."

Do you think I am asking too much from a company I paid $80,000 too?
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS (Center Kitchen Three Slides)

Scheinin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 07:18 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scheinin View Post
You're not listening. I am not asking Cedar Creek to ship me a tire and wheel. All I am asking is if they know of a place in Tennessee where I can buy one, and if they can tell me the specs for the wheel so I can ask for the correct one for my RV.

Is it too simple for them to say "sorry, we don't know of anyplace where you are located to buy the wheel, but you wheel is a 16" 8 lug 6."

I was just wondering what happen to the Spare Tire and Wheel that came with your Cedar Creek for $80,000.00? That's all.
2020 Cedar Creek Hathaway 34IK, Reese 19K Sidewinder PB.
Daycruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 07:43 PM   #26

I am glad to hear that you found a rim I am just curious where in TN were you? TN takes about 5 hours plus to cross east to west.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 08:51 PM   #27
Global Nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daycruiser View Post
I was just wondering what happen to the Spare Tire and Wheel that came with your Cedar Creek for $80,000.00? That's all.
I have them. I don't want to go on the road and risk having a flat with no spare. Then I am in REAL trouble. I am 800 miles from home.

Old 06-18-2019, 09:40 PM   #28

Glad you got a wheel to get on down the road even if it isn't the same as what leaked on you. Actually an 8 lug 16" wheel is pretty common at least in my neck of the woods. There are several trailer manufacturers west of the Mississippi that make goosenecks, flatbeds, and car haulers. Most all mount 8 lug 16" no offset wheels to the axles unless they are smaller utility trailers.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 11:43 PM   #29

Amazon or Etrailer

https://www.amazon.com/Silver-Traile...s%2C182&sr=8-1

https://www.etrailer.com/Tires-and-W...d/LHCR415.html

Ford F150 5.4L B&W Companion Hitch
updated to Andersen Aluminum Ultimate Hitch 2017
drelec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 09:05 AM   #30

Quote:
I have them. I don't want to go on the road and risk having a flat with no spare. Then I am in REAL trouble. I am 800 miles from home.
Motorhomes don't usually have spares. I think if I thought I needed a spare I would have tubed your problem tire and mounted the spare. Then fixed all when I got home. 800 miles wouldn't have bothered me because of the thousands of miles I put on three different motorhomes without a spare.
2017 Ford F350 SRW CC SWB 4x2
Demco Hijacker Autoslide 18k Hitch
Shipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 03:55 PM   #31
Global Nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipper View Post
Motorhomes don't usually have spares. I think if I thought I needed a spare I would have tubed your problem tire and mounted the spare. Then fixed all when I got home. 800 miles wouldn't have bothered me because of the thousands of miles I put on three different motorhomes without a spare.
Murphy's law would treat me otherwise.

Old 06-19-2019, 04:12 PM   #32

Quote:

Why would Forest River know where a supplier (LionsHead) distributes in TN? you are asking the wrong people the wrong question.

U have a spare. That's what its for. You don't have a real problem until your spare or another tire fails.
Old 06-19-2019, 04:31 PM   #33

Glad you located a wheel and it fits, at least it sounds loke you did. Not sure where in TN you are, but, if near Crossville, go to the Tire dealer across from the hospital. They know their business. At least they did from 2004 thru 2012.

I recommend you go to a Discount Tire when you get home or a place when you are going to be there a week or more.
In 2004 we were full timing and had the same cracked aluminum wheel issue on my 5th.

Knowing we were going to continue full timing and being suspicious of the other cast wheels, I bought 5 new steel wheels, the wagon wheel style of that era.

Now, I have a less than 9 month old Surveyor with 2 crooked aluminum Lionshead wheels. I bought new Goodyear Endurance tires. The tire techs were nice enougn to come find me in the customer area and show me the 2 nice and straight wheels and the two very NOT straight wheels.

I am in the process of buying galvnized wagon wheels from Discount, since they will need to make sure they are straight before I purchase. I’ve had a lot of trailer wheels over the years. Every white, silver, or black painted or powder coated has chipped and rusted or rusted where the center joins the rim. Have not had that problem with galvanized unless launching in salt water. No plans to float the Surveyor. Steel tends to crack a lot less than the off-shore aluminum rims.
Most coincidences are carefully planned
Jeffjeeptj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 07:48 PM   #34

Quote:
Murphy's law would treat me otherwise.
2017 Ford F350 SRW CC SWB 4x2
Demco Hijacker Autoslide 18k Hitch
Shipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 04:38 PM   #35
Global Nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by mawilson View Post

From pics on line, your wheel might look like: https://www.etrailer.com/Tires-and-W...LHAXSJ421.html

All of this is based on data from a net search. Your actual mileage may vary.
Thank you, that is the wheel. You have given me all the information I need. Now, why couldn't Cedar Creek give me that simple information. I am sure if I wasn't stressed out by the situation I could have gotten the same information from the net.

Thank you, again.

Old 06-21-2019, 04:59 PM   #36

You could call Amish Family RV. He has about a dozen wheels/tires used, for sale. Four of 'em are mine. He'd ship it to you, if you paid, I'm sure.

CC is trying to avoid dealing with customers directly. It is coming from "above". It's not good, but not their choice.

I don't get it, but I don't get a lot of things. They've been nice to me, but have no idea if they would still be or not.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 05:50 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Vaughn View Post
Why did you not contact a truck tire place and get a tube for your rim?
Bad advice to add a tube to a tubeless tire. Tire will run hotter and if it fails you will have a REAL blow-out.

To the OP, is the wheel steel or cast aluminum. If cast, is there a visible crack or is it more a matter of a porous place on the aluminum.

My company used to buy lots of wheels from China and they were notorious for porous portions that would slowly leak air. Took the tire a few days to go down so it was noticeable. Many of our dealers would dismount the tire and coat the area of porosity with JB-Weld.

This should only be done if porous, never if you can see a crack.

The porosity is usually only a pinhole or two that don't damage the structure of the wheel but won't hold air. Some of the "Big Name" custom wheel companies used to just paint the bead and "Drop Center" portion of their wheels with an epoxy paint to make sure these bothersome leaks were prevented.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 06:24 PM   #38
Site Team

I'm not trying to be a smartass but I wonder why carry a spare if not to use when needed?
2016 Evergreen Everlite 242RBS
29' empty nest model. Blue Ox WD hitch
(1 queen bed, large main cabin and huge bathroom)
Camping days 2010-53, 2011-47, 2012-41, 2013-41, 2014-31, 2015-40, 2016-44, 2017-63, 2018-75, 2019-32, 2020-41, 2021-49, 2022-43, 2023-66
KyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 06:36 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyDan View Post
I'm not trying to be a smartass but I wonder why carry a spare if not to use when needed?
It's the "using" that most want to avoid. Like I posted earlier, I've had to use my trailer spare twice. One day was as hot as it gets in Southern Idaho and I sweated so badly I thought I'd wet myself.

The other time it was raining so hard I was totally soaked 30 seconds after stepping out to just look at the flat tire. It got worse from there. I didn't bother with a rain coat I just finished the job as fast as possible then went inside the trailer to strip down, dry off, and put on dry clothes.

Changing a tire is really not all that bad a job if the weather conditions aren't all that bad.

FWIW, If I had a driver's side flat on a freeway and I couldn't just proceed slowly to a break-down space I'd get over against the guardrail/barrier and wait until a Patrolman came along to provide some safety margin for me.

They show up pretty quick if you're causing a traffic delay.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 07:39 PM   #40

Good luck hope you get it fixed.

Tags
customer service, service