Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-18-2019, 04:37 AM   #1
Global Nomad

No More Customer Service

I am stranded in Tennessee because the wheel on my 36CKTS has a crack and will not hold air. I contacted all the RV dealers in the area (5 of them) and none had wheels. Camping World said they could order one, but it would take a couple of weeks. Not practical.

Called Cedar Creek and left message asking if they know where I can get a wheel, and what the specs were for the wheel for the 36CKTS. No response. I then e-mailed Morgan Underwood in Customer relations who responded that Cedar Creek no longer supplies parts directly to customer, must contact my dealer. I told her I am in Tennessee and my dealer is in Maryland, plus my dealer, Chesaco RV, is worthless.

I told Ms. Underwood that all I needed was a place to buy a wheel, if they knew, or to ask someone in the Cedar Creek plant what wheel they are putting on my Cedar Creek so I can go to a wheel store and buy one.

No response.

The reason I bought a Cedar Creek was their renowned customer service. I can no longer recommend Cedar Creek to my friends looking to buy an RV.
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS (Center Kitchen Three Slides)

Scheinin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 05:01 AM   #2

Try some local tire places and did you get easy care? If so, call them, they will send someone to you. Good luck..
Lawlesszoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 05:05 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scheinin View Post
I am stranded in Tennessee because the wheel on my 36CKTS has a crack and will not hold air. I contacted all the RV dealers in the area (5 of them) and none had wheels. Camping World said they could order one, but it would take a couple of weeks. Not practical.

Called Cedar Creek and left message asking if they know where I can get a wheel, and what the specs were for the wheel for the 36CKTS. No response. I then e-mailed Morgan Underwood in Customer relations who responded that Cedar Creek no longer supplies parts directly to customer, must contact my dealer. I told her I am in Tennessee and my dealer is in Maryland, plus my dealer, Chesaco RV, is worthless.

I told Ms. Underwood that all I needed was a place to buy a wheel, if they knew, or to ask someone in the Cedar Creek plant what wheel they are putting on my Cedar Creek so I can go to a wheel store and buy one.

No response.

The reason I bought a Cedar Creek was their renowned customer service. I can no longer recommend Cedar Creek to my friends looking to buy an RV.
Try tire dealers too, are there any Discount tire or other tire stores near you?
Cardinalowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 05:53 AM   #4
wls

If I needed to move, I would use the spare, pray for no flats. I would think any tire dealer could get you one. I assume its a 8 bolt.
2008 Dodge 3500 Dually, Cummins. Amsoil Bypass Oil Filter, 36 Gal aux fuel tank. Mag Hytec Trans pan. Mag Hytec Diff Pan. 6 speed autostick. 3:73, Timbrens, Smarty JR. Equipped.
2016 Cedar Creek 38FB2, Hydra Star disc brakes,
400 watt Rich solar on top,200 watts of suitcase
wls is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 06:03 AM   #5

First, I'm sorry to hear you're stranded. Also sorry you discovered "RV Customer No Service". Given that RV service quality is typically pretty poor, FR and CC service could be relatively quite good and still be poor relative to other industries. In any case, I'm sure someone with a 36ckts will chime in shortly. In the mean time...

Now to the wheel issue. I'm assuming that you don't have a spare. Looks like it may be underneath the trailer.

Wheels are fairly standard things. The important specs are the rim width and diameter, hub hole size, lug count and spacing. There is offset, too, but that's usually 0 for trailer tires. Trailer wheels are even less variable than car or truck wheels so getting a replacement should be easier. You may not find one that matches the appearance, though.

With 8 lugs, you really only have two choices: 8 on 275mm or 8 on 6.5". The metric is relatively rare, like about 10%. Your tires are likely ST235/85R16G (online spec, check yours) so its 16" diameter. Rim width is most likely 6" but could be 6.5". Armed with the specs, most places that sell tires and/or wheels should be able to help you.

From pics on line, your wheel might look like: https://www.etrailer.com/Tires-and-W...LHAXSJ421.html

All of this is based on data from a net search. Your actual mileage may vary.

No trees were harmed while sending this message;
however, a rather large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

TT: 2018 Surveyor 243RBS TV:2019 F-250 XLT 6.2L 4x4 Crew Cab
mawilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 06:31 AM   #6
Mopar Guy

I would measure the bolt pattern, most likely 8x6.5 and order one from etrailer have it delivered, its costly but its quick. you also could try calling a place that sells equipment trailers like Bri-mar or Big Tex, those dealers usually have mounted spares available
Cost4133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 08:25 AM   #7
Global Nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardinalowner View Post
Try tire dealers too, are there any Discount tire or other tire stores near you?
Went to tire stores, they do not do wheels, only tires. In fact, it was a Goodyear tire store that told me it was not my tire that was leaking, but the wheel. I assumed it was the tire to begin with.

Old 06-18-2019, 08:31 AM   #8
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Sorry you are having issues.
If you have to move, use your spare and find a steel wheel with the same bolt pattern for a spare until you can get an aluminum wheel that matches if you so desire.
We have many trailer places (not R/V places) nearby that sell wheels. Hundreds more on line.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 08:37 AM   #9
Site Team

You might can give tractor supply a shot if any nearby. They carry trailer tire/wheel assemblies and sometimes just the wheels. It may can get you out of the bind until you can do better. I don't think you care about if it matches at this point.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 08:47 AM   #10
Site Team

Trailer wheels are fairly standard as per bolt patterns. If you can post a pic of perhaps your cracked one showing the bolt pattern, and the size of the tire, I bet we can get you fixed up?

I can also tell you how to measure it yourself to find out.

https://www.pacifictrailers.com/blog...r-bolt-pattern

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 08:51 AM   #11

No help to you now, but when you are back in MD try Custom Coach on route 40 just inside the beltway. I have good luck with them.
Old 06-18-2019, 08:59 AM   #12

We needed to replace a busted wheel on our 36 CKTS due to damage while on road, called Tweetys Tire they had one shipped to my location (Flying J) truck stop next day. Was up running and gone in 24 hours or so, really not even enough time to look at all the gift shop LOL.
2014 F350 / 2015 CC 36 CKTS
Forbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 09:49 AM   #13
Global Nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
You might can give tractor supply a shot if any nearby. They carry trailer tire/wheel assemblies and sometimes just the wheels. It may can get you out of the bind until you can do better. I don't think you care about if it matches at this point.
Contacted tractor supply and harbor freight. No wheels.

Old 06-18-2019, 09:51 AM   #14
Global Nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by lswartz View Post
No help to you now, but when you are back in MD try Custom Coach on route 40 just inside the beltway. I have good luck with them.
I am a couple miles from them, and that is who I use when I am home.

Old 06-18-2019, 10:04 AM   #15
Always Learning

Start with contacting Lionshead:
Lionshead Tire and Wheel

They possibly supplied Cedar Creek with the tires+wheels from the factory. I know they do for a bunch of FR brands.

Next, contact Rickson Tire. They were super helpful as I debated the switch to 17.5" rims + commercial trailer tires. They're actually based out of MD but can possibly ship a new wheel to you:
Rickson Wheel Manufacturing

And finally, contact TrailerTiresAndWheels.com. They are who I actually ordered my trailer wheels + tires from. They were able to ship me 4 new wheels + tires overnight (for surprisingly not a ridiculous amount of money):
http://www.trailertiresandwheels.com
Old 06-18-2019, 10:04 AM   #16

Not an immediate fix but maybe contact the link below as I believe they supply a lot of wheels and tires to the factories, I remember someone on here had this issue with their Artic Wolf and received help from them.

https://www.lionsheadtireandwheel.com/
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 10:05 AM   #17

Dang Doug I guess great minds do think alike
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 10:48 AM   #18
Global Nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Start with contacting Lionshead:
Lionshead Tire and Wheel

They possibly supplied Cedar Creek with the tires+wheels from the factory. I know they do for a bunch of FR brands.

Next, contact Rickson Tire. They were super helpful as I debated the switch to 17.5" rims + commercial trailer tires. They're actually based out of MD but can possibly ship a new wheel to you:
Rickson Wheel Manufacturing

And finally, contact TrailerTiresAndWheels.com. They are who I actually ordered my trailer wheels + tires from. They were able to ship me 4 new wheels + tires overnight (for surprisingly not a ridiculous amount of money):
http://www.trailertiresandwheels.com
Thank you. I found a local hub cap dealer who sold me the wheel 16" 8 lug 6.5
for $35.00 plus $10.00 mounting and balancing. The wheel probably came from a junk yard.

It appears that the wheel is not standard, as I found other places that sold wheels, but only 5, 6, and 7 lugs.

I am very disappointed in Cedar Creek for not helping me out.

Thank you all for your help.

Old 06-18-2019, 01:18 PM   #19

Steve,
It IS Lions Head Tire & Wheel....I should know, they recently supplied me a new wheel for my CC 2019 34RL2.

Send me a PM if you would like a POC. I have that information.

Are you a CCRVOC member? That's the route I took when I had to replace my leaky wheel on my brand new trailer.

Mike
USN 76-82
Retired Dept of Navy: Navy/USMC Flt Test Engineer
Splashes3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 01:23 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scheinin View Post
Went to tire stores, they do not do wheels, only tires. In fact, it was a Goodyear tire store that told me it was not my tire that was leaking, but the wheel. I assumed it was the tire to begin with.
Discount Tire definitely does wheels. They try to sell me new ones every time go there.

You could also do a Google search for trailer supply businesses in your area. Also search just for wheels. In my area (Madison, WI) there are both trailer supply houses that carry wheels, and companies that specialize in just wheels.

Good luck.
Rick
hunterrick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
customer service, service