Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-28-2015, 09:02 PM   #1

Unhappy No weep holes in Frameless Windows

Our 2015 SB has Hehr Frameless windows. We are on our first trip with the new unit and staying in the Florida Panhandle. We had some very heavy rain the other day with temps around 45 degrees. Of course we were getting condensation on the windows with these conditions. Some of the windows are the double hung type that you lift the bottom up to open. The main windows crank out. The double hung windows have a weep hole to allow the water that drips off the glass to run out. I can't find any way for accumulated water to run out of the crank out frameless windows. Under extreme conditions like we were in, quite a bit of water can accumulate in the bottom of the window channel. Enough that it got the carpet wet in one spot.

Do other owners have the same issue ?

I am thinking I am going to have to crack the window open slightly to allow the condensation to run out.
2 for the road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 09:12 PM   #2

We are down in Florida with our 2014 38CK. We keep the heat to a minimum and no heat at night. If your windows are sweating, imagine what's going on in the walls. Units without double glass don't do well if the humidity inside is high. You need constant ventilation and that wastes a lot of heat.
Sterlingsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 09:20 PM   #3

Cracking a window in extremely humid weather has always been pretty common in our 40 years of RV'ing in 11 different units ranging from 40' diesel pushers to tear drop trailer. Don't worry about a bit of heat loss---get some circulation in your RV!!!
2015 Ram Laramie Hemi, w/air suspension
30 years RV'ing
11 different RV's
RSchleder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 09:22 PM   #4
SnP

We have a 2015 CC with the double pained Hehr windows. I just looked at ours, as we are camping this week, and you are right. The bottom up windows have weep holes and the crank out ones do not. Our double pain windows do not/have not had any condensation in the 8 months we have had it. Last two days were rainy with temps in the low 50's during the day and 30's at night. I do keep the vents in the kitchen and bathroom open, with covers over the vents. But no condensation. Not sure how the non-weep hole windows are supposed to drain the condensation out of the RV. Seems like a design issue.
Camped - 2014-47, 2015-104, 2016-100, 2017-161, 2018-94
SnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 09:36 PM   #5

We have had condensation issues in our 832 IKBS while in Florida this year also. We had several nights of temps in the high 20's. We discovered that the overhead cabinets in the slide outs had enough condensation along the top edges that boxes of foodstuffs had become very damp. Water was also running down the wall of the slideout facing the sun each morning, it was interesting to watch a water drop form. Our solution was to purchase a small dehumidifier at Lowe's and run it each night while the heat was on.
FordHauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 04:49 PM   #6

If you have any exhaust fans bathroom , cooktop/microwave , ceiling , run them to help exchange the air.....will help greatly
47chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 05:15 PM   #7

Your crank out windows should be full cover windows meaning no exposed track for exterior water to get in so no need to drain. Condensation on inside does not drain to outside just have to mop it out with a paper towel. That is the primary reason we ordered our 36CKTS with dual pane windows. No condensation thus far.

2015 CC 36CKTS
2011 Ford F-250
2003 Harley Ultra Classic

2016 Ford F350 DRW
2016 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic Low
rick03hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 07:16 PM   #8

we have a 34RLSA with double glaze windows.....the best idea that the RV industry has done !!! We have no condensation and the coach is alot warmer that our previouse 06 Cardinal
blynds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 06:29 PM   #9

there's a couple of things that will fix the water coming in on the double hung windows . One is the weep holes are plugged and have to be cleaned out and the second is in manufacturing when they stamp for the weep hoes it didn't
go through the aluminum all the way through. i took a flat screw driver and hammer and lightly tapped the location and you can see the marking and it opened up and now my windows drain I have 34RLSA.

Tags
frame