Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-17-2015, 09:54 AM   #1

Options

The DW & I were talking the other night about the next trailer and was as curious about the options in case we ordered an new trailer but I haven't been able to find an order guide.

Is there a place that lists all of the options for the different Cedar Creeks 5th wheels?
DKRITTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 09:57 AM   #2
wls

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKRITTER View Post
The DW & I were talking the other night about the next trailer and was as curious about the options in case we ordered an new trailer but I haven't been able to find an order guide.

Is there a place that lists all of the options for the different Cedar Creeks 5th wheels?
we just order a new CC, the 16th of last month, went online this monday. We went and set down with the dealer, he had a build sheet. Then he called the order in.
2008 Dodge 3500 Dually, Cummins. Amsoil Bypass Oil Filter, 36 Gal aux fuel tank. Mag Hytec Trans pan. Mag Hytec Diff Pan. 6 speed autostick. 3:73, Timbrens, Smarty JR. Equipped.
2016 Cedar Creek 38FB2, Hydra Star disc brakes,
400 watt Rich solar on top,200 watts of suitcase
wls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 10:00 AM   #3

This should help you.
Cedar Creek Fifth Wheels by Forest River RV
This page is under the Cedar Creek Features link. Options are listed last.
Old 11-17-2015, 10:51 AM   #4

Couch's RV nation has a build and price feature on their site.
I think the price is before any discount but you can see what options
Are available. I used it to order my 371rebh. Here is the link

https://www.couchsrvnation.com/fores...uild-and-price

2016 Sierra 371REBH (Ordered)
2008 Chevy 2500HD Duramax

(Sold) 2012 Sierra 365SAQ
Hatfield11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 11:55 AM   #5

Be forewarned, you "potentially" can be bothered beyond your desired threshold by using NON FR PROVIDED INFO.
Dealers use all tools at their disposal to close a deal!
Also remember they are called "options" because some people want certain features and others not.
Get options that make you feel good and fit YOUR use needs.
I know from experience, we will have an external stove and micro vent directly outside as soon as our FR warranty is up. Fantastic Fan works ok but odors linger for extended periods in the tight environment.
We use dual a/c every single summer day!
Top of the line mattress is worth it's weight in gold! We are "old" and sleep comfort is important 😁. Upgrade, upgrade, upgrade.
Just thought starters. If you "think" an option is not necessary, consider being "cooped up" for 3, windy, rainy days with your family all indoors.
Also consider HOW you watch TV. Make sure your furniture provides max comfort for your personal enjoyment.
Good luck!
SilverbackMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 09:52 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverbackMel View Post
Be forewarned, you "potentially" can be bothered beyond your desired threshold by using NON FR PROVIDED INFO.
Dealers use all tools at their disposal to close a deal!
Also remember they are called "options" because some people want certain features and others not.
Get options that make you feel good and fit YOUR use needs.
I know from experience, we will have an external stove and micro vent directly outside as soon as our FR warranty is up. Fantastic Fan works ok but odors linger for extended periods in the tight environment.
We use dual a/c every single summer day!
Top of the line mattress is worth it's weight in gold! We are "old" and sleep comfort is important 😁. Upgrade, upgrade, upgrade.
Just thought starters. If you "think" an option is not necessary, consider being "cooped up" for 3, windy, rainy days with your family all indoors.
Also consider HOW you watch TV. Make sure your furniture provides max comfort for your personal enjoyment.
Good luck!

Why wait until your warranty is up, just drop the microwave and turn the blowers around if camper already has a outside vent. I did mine

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 10:30 PM   #7

Space heater fake fireplace takes the chill off dorky looking but nice to have, electric heater option on hot water heater hardly need propane, 2nd a/c a must. Residential fridge, once again no propane and most RV fires are the propane fridge, you need 2 golf cart batteries and an inverter for the residential fridge. Would be nice to have a couple of hundred watts of solar on top. We added a washer/dryer combo DW loves it. Auto level is heaven.

The mattress upgrade is pretty good but a wash price wise on who does it. we threw away the trump pillows and bedspread, who wants bedding made of plastic polyester, I don't care that it had gold trim it was uncomfortable and just slid off. King vs queen is personal preference. The king takes 10-12 inches width that you miss when navigating the master but is much more comfortable, especially for a big guy like me, and we don't hang out in the master, just go in and change, sleep.

4 steps is nicer than three.

Our Silverback came from Couch and had all three upgrade packages plus the residential fridge and king bed. Beware of some dealers who try to sell you upgrades individually that are in the packages already. Unlike autos the packages are a good deal for your money.

The air bag king pin might be needed but depends on your weight. I decided didn't need it but those who have it like it. A must for heavier trailers.

Most of all get the options you DW thinks are important. You will never regret those.
Brentf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 04:03 PM   #8

Call FR and have them email you a build sheet. They did this for us when we purchased our Sierra. It showed is the pricing also.
Sierra360PDEK is offline   Reply With Quote