Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-08-2021, 05:46 PM   #1

Ordering a 345IK

Hi All,

I'm planning to order a 345IK with the following options:
Standard Exterior
Carbon Monoxide Detector
Cedar Creek Advantage Package
Cedar Creek Convenience Package
Power Package
RVIA Seal

Interior Decor, Mink
4 Camera Safety Security System
Dual Pane Tinted Windows
TrailAir Air Ride Hitch Coupler
Truma On Demand Hot Water Heater
Heat Pump on Main Air Conditioner
LP Generator, Prep Only
Slide Room Awning Toppers
Thule 2nd Slide Room Power Awning
Luxury King Mattress
Washer & Dryer, Front Loading

I would like to order from my local dealer in Texas, FunTown RV.
However, they seem not to be interested in orders, just selling then (basic models, few options) from the lot.
They gave me a price of 85K, which does not include taxes.
They also said it would take 8 months to build.
Based on what I'm reading in the forums, it seems to be 3-4 months.

I have a couple of questions submitted to the sale dept. of Forest River.
How long does it take from order to deliver, and can the price of the RV change once the order is placed?

The best deal, and really the order one that seems interested in ordering one for me, was Couch's RV Nation in Ohio for 72.5K, not including taxes.
I live in Texas. I have no issue driving to Ohio to pick up the fifth wheel and do the check out of the unit before I pay for it.

Are many dealers such bone heads about ordering a fifth wheel?
Is 3-4 months the time line from ordering to delivery?
Can the price change once the order is placed? This seems odd, if it can.

This is my first fifth wheel/RV and I'll part time with it. I'll travel about 20% of the time.
I also got my class A license to be legal, yea!!!
Thanks
Kevin
KWAMBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 09:08 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum its a great place to get your questions answered. here's a hint keep your post short and to the point if you want folks to read them. Not sure I understand the bonehead comment dealers are in the business of moving inventory and volume sales. I can understand them not wanting to wait given the large amount of time for delivery due to so many folks ordering rigs. This does not mean I agree with that approach just I understand it.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 11:34 PM   #3

I was in the same boat a few years ago. Finding one exactly like you want is difficult.

I ordered from Couch's in December of 2016. I picked it up March 1st 2017. So the 3-4 months is about right during normal times. It might be possible that 8 months is correct. I would ask Couch's to see what they say about the current lead times.

Everything was as expected when I picked it up. As with all dealers they will try to sell you a bunch of extra stuff when you pick it up but they were not too pushy. I declined everything.

I was at the factory a few weeks ago. I will say it is crazy out there. They are having trouble getting appliances and other things just like everyone else is.

I have been hearing about add on prices that Forest River is putting on recently. Something to do with Covid related expenses. $700 or so. I can see this being real because they sometimes build a unit with a missing AC, Refrigerator, etc., then put it on the back lot and then bring it back in once they get the missing items.

Could they be taking advantage? Maybe a bit, but these are strange times.

If you have the patience, ordering will get you exactly what you want. Couch's was good for me. If not, there is one at Funtown listed for $64,498 on RV Trader. Maybe they can add the items you want and still be close in price.

Or you could take it to Amish Family RV in Topeka, IN and have them add what you want. They are very good and can add or modify almost anything you want in a Cedar Creek. They are probably booking service for November right now.

Good luck on whatever you decide!
Freebird2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 06:10 AM   #4

If not in a hurry I would wait and order exactly what YOU want. Besides Couch's there is also International RV Wholesaler in Elkhart In and they sell Cedar Creek, that is where we got our River Stone. Nice thing is they are not far from the factory and you could plan a shake down stay close by incase you have any issues, we use the campground at the flea market in Shipshewana, plus they have a great service center there and are a River Stone authorized center, not sure about Cedar Creek but you are only a few miles to the factory. Good luck on your decision.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 07:44 PM   #5

Thxs for all the responses!!!

I ordered the Cedar Creek 345IK at Couch's RV Nation.
I plan to drive to Ohio, from Texas, to pick it up and make sure all is OK before I pay for it.
I think it will work well length wise, 37', and options for my wife and I.
I hope it gets built within 3-4 months.
I'm excited!! My first 5th wheel!!
Old 05-18-2021, 07:53 PM   #6

Congrats! Hope the waiting doesn't drive you crazy!
Old 05-18-2021, 10:47 PM   #7

Got ours from couches June of 2016 ,drove from Washington took two weeks going back.left a week later ,have been full time ever since..minimal problems with our 2017 35 ik.
httntheroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 10:48 PM   #8

Back then date of order till couches had it was 8 weeks.
httntheroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 08:57 PM   #9
Jgf

345ik

Picking up our new unit Friday July 16. It was very difficult finding rv spots to stay for our trip back. Cant wait to see it.
Jgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 09:05 PM   #10
Jgf

345ik

Picking our new unit up this Friday at Couches.
Jgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 12:49 AM   #11

345ik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgf View Post
Picking our new unit up this Friday at Couches.
Let me know how you like it and how the service is there, I just ordered my 345IK three weeks ago, it will probably be December before I see it, I too am going to pick it up and drive it back from Couchs to California and depending on the weather we will drop down and maybe hit Florida and then head back to California
RicnVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 05:04 PM   #12

Picked up 345IK from Couches RV Nation

Hi All,

Just picked up my 2022 Cedar Creek 345-IK fifth wheel from Couches RV Nation.

Things went pretty smooth. Got a Demo in the morning checked some pf the systems out during the late morning and early afternoon. Only a couple of very minor issues I found at that time. We did the paper work late afternoon and the RV was mine.

They pulled the RV behind the building and hooked me up to their 50 amp service with a full tank of water. I spent the night there and started off early to Texas. The only issue I had with the service was, the morning I was leaving, I tried to find a service guy that said he was going to help adjust some things, like the trailer air level, and he was no were to be found.

Overall I was happy with purchase and service from Couches RV Nation and would buy another unit from them again if the local dealers are too greedy to order a unit at a reasonable price.
Old 08-26-2021, 06:09 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWAMBS View Post
Hi All,

Just picked up my 2022 Cedar Creek 345-IK fifth wheel from Couches RV Nation.

Things went pretty smooth. Got a Demo in the morning checked some pf the systems out during the late morning and early afternoon. Only a couple of very minor issues I found at that time. We did the paper work late afternoon and the RV was mine.

They pulled the RV behind the building and hooked me up to their 50 amp service with a full tank of water. I spent the night there and started off early to Texas. The only issue I had with the service was, the morning I was leaving, I tried to find a service guy that said he was going to help adjust some things, like the trailer air level, and he was no were to be found.

Overall I was happy with purchase and service from Couches RV Nation and would buy another unit from them again if the local dealers are too greedy to order a unit at a reasonable price.
When did you order your rig, how long was your wait
Old 08-27-2021, 01:57 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicnVic View Post
When did you order your rig, how long was your wait
Hi RicnVic,

Order it on May 14 2021, build week date of 8/3/21, ready for dealer to pick up one week later. I picked up the unit on 8/19/21.

The dealer was telling me that the "offload", available for dealer to pick up, date was 8/19/21, but I checked directly with Cedar Creek sales and they said it was ready on 8/10/21.

Hope that helps!!!
Old 09-26-2021, 03:32 PM   #15

Ordering a 345IK

Can anyone measure up the size of the inside of the shower… how much actual room there is to move around?
Considering this floor plan and bigger shower is a must have.
Old 09-29-2021, 05:28 PM   #16

I dont have the exact measurements but it is roughly 4 ft long if you look at the pictures of the layout. Trailer is 96" wide and it looks to be half that long and probably 2 feet deep.

If that doesn't do it for you watch this video.I have a Champagne version and it looks roughly the same size and it is a very generous sized shower.

NJBreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 10:46 AM   #17

345IK

We bought our 345IK from Funtown Cleburne. It was a great experience and they have a massive service center, although I hope to not have to use it. The 345IK is 38'10", ours was not built to order, but had everything we wanted except for the bedroom heater, which would have been nice. We didn't view that as a deal breaker because we don't live in it. Had we bought it to live in it, probably would have ordered one.

Things that are wrong:
1. I can't find the KING remote antenna wire....
2. When I take off the sewer line cap, nasty water runs out. One of the valves isn't closing all the way.
3. Tank levels are crap (I think they all are though).
4. The grey tanks are mislabeled.

The build quality overall is outstanding compared to what we came out of. Love this trailer, I know you'll love yours as well. Congratulations!
Jeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 12:04 PM   #18

We ordered ours from Couchs RV and the offline date is tentatively October 10th thru 20th, we can’t wait to get it. When we first started looking for a fifth wheel I could swear the 345IK was 37’, did they change the specs on the newer ones? Ours is a 2022, what model year is yours?
Old 10-04-2021, 12:08 PM   #19

Smile 345IK

Ours is a 2022. Here are the specs from Forest River:
SPECIFICATIONS
Hitch Weight:2,190 lb.
GVWR:16,190 lb.
UVW12,224 lb.
CCC3,966 lb.
Exterior Length:38' 10"
Exterior Height:13' 5"
Exterior Width:96"
Fresh Water:57.00 gal.
Gray Water:82.00 gal.
Black Water:41.00 gal.
Awning Size:18'
Jeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 04:42 PM   #20

Fun town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeez View Post
Ours is a 2022. Here are the specs from Forest River:
SPECIFICATIONS
Hitch Weight:2,190 lb.
GVWR:16,190 lb.
UVW12,224 lb.
CCC3,966 lb.
Exterior Length:38' 10"
Exterior Height:13' 5"
Exterior Width:96"
Fresh Water:57.00 gal.
Gray Water:82.00 gal.
Black Water:41.00 gal.
Awning Size:18'
We got the slide out toppers and the second awning as we ordered what we want too. I wish I would have bought from fun town as we are looking to move to Texas (California is unlivable), when we get our RV we are going to travel Texas looking to see where we would want to live. We have family and friends in California and Florida so Texas is middle point to travel either way east or west.