Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-31-2020, 11:01 PM   #1

Orvan Fixes Cedar Creeks

For those of you who have always wondered what Orvan can find or what he fixes on these cedar creeks, here are photos of my 5 page invoice from his completed work on my 2019 34rl2 cedar creek. I took it to him last July, before the year warranty ran out, so he could put on a new roof and he found other things that needed attention.Click image for larger version

Name:	Adjustments.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	311.8 KB
ID:	238112Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6612.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	368.5 KB
ID:	238113Attachment 1Attachment 1Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6613.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	375.2 KB
ID:	238114.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6615.jpg
Views:	679
Size:	375.7 KB
ID:	238116Click image for larger version

Name:	Adjustments.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	312.3 KB
ID:	238117
hillsvillehokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 10:21 AM   #2

We just left Orvans last week and our simple 3 item list looked just like your 5 pages when he finished the inspection. I didn't know things were broken until he pointed it out. Go Orvan !

He who dies with the most tools, wins!
SilhouettePenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 10:29 AM   #3

Send a message via AIM to B and B
It is great that Orvan does such good work. Sad part is the Hi End Cedar Creek seems to have dropped in quality to an entry level trailer in many aspects.
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 04:29 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by B and B View Post
It is great that Orvan does such good work. Sad part is the Hi End Cedar Creek seems to have dropped in quality to an entry level trailer in many aspects.

They are all junk.
Old 09-01-2020, 04:37 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillsvillehokie View Post
They are all junk.
And yet here you are
Reese Fifth Airborne air ride king pin coupler with Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 07:16 PM   #6

Orvan is wonderful. He is thorough and honest. The things is asked him to add which weren't warranty work were very priced fairly. He got an incredible amount of work done in the 7 hours he had my rig. Is booked a night in a hotel "just in case" but didn't need it.
jessa82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 05:57 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillsvillehokie View Post
They are all junk.

Whatís sad is, you are pretty much correct. The more you really poke around these things and really start opening them up, you quickly realize they are put together horribly and corners are cut everywhere. They all look good from the outside, itís whatís underneath that most people donít see.
TruckDriver1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 06:32 AM   #8
PhD, Common Sense

It’s an RV, not a stick-built house. It is going to have issues. Heck, even brand-new stick-built houses have issues. You fix ‘em yourself or get warranty repairs and move on.

If someone is not into overcoming challenges, then every aspect of camping is going to be complaint-worthy rather than solution-eligible.

The difference between externalizing and internalizing is the difference between “I was victimized by him,” and “What can I do to ensure a better outcome next time?” I always encouraged my students to internalize. Internalizers tend to be more successful in their endeavors. That doesn’t mean never complain, just that any complaining should be aimed at obtaining better outcomes next time, and not at casting blame, throwing out general insults, or revenge.

JMO. Feel free to blame that opinion for everything that is wrong with the world.
eye95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 07:00 AM   #9

I complained to my dealer about numerous bubbles under my roof and was assured that it was not out of the ordinary and would have no ill effect. Even brought it up in this forum years ago, not much comment.
Surprised the factory paid for a complete roof repair. Orvan seems to get whatever he asks. To be fair, I haven't had any trouble from the bubbles in the past 6 years.

I did watch them putting on the roofs from the office balcony at the CC factory. It all depends on how well they spread the adhesive and then how well they press the "rubber" down after they pull it across. They entire process only takes about 20-30 minutes. They move at a run at everything they do.

2016 F350 CC Dually Powerstroke 4x4
2014 Cedar Creek 34RLSA w/Level Up
2007 HD Ultra Classic 103
USS Pyro AE-24 WestPac MM2 '71-'75
SlowrideHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 06:25 PM   #10

Folks need to remember that a really well built RV is a very heavy RV. I would agree they do some really shoddy things during construction, but it's usually done in places that are generally not seen. Like using a chain saw to cut a hole for a few wires to pass through is my favorite, but if they built these units like most of us think they should we'd all probably need a Class 8 tractor to pull them with. Cost and Weight are their targets so it is what it is. You just need to go into RVs with your eyes wide open and expect the unexpected. I'm always fixing something, even some of the mods that Orvan did didn't go as expected, but he is aware and has changed the way he does the gas lifts on the front storage door for example. He sent me new parts so I can correct my gas lift install. It's always something.
2020 Cedar Creek Hathaway 34IK, Reese 19K Sidewinder PB.
Daycruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 10:19 AM   #11

Orvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowrideHD View Post
I complained to my dealer about numerous bubbles under my roof and was assured that it was not out of the ordinary and would have no ill effect. Even brought it up in this forum years ago, not much comment.
Surprised the factory paid for a complete roof repair. Orvan seems to get whatever he asks. To be fair, I haven't had any trouble from the bubbles in the past 6 years.

I did watch them putting on the roofs from the office balcony at the CC factory. It all depends on how well they spread the adhesive and then how well they press the "rubber" down after they pull it across. They entire process only takes about 20-30 minutes. They move at a run at everything they do.

My dealer said it was normal. I then sent photos to Cedar creek and they offered to replace the roof and it was suggested by them to get the work done by Orvan. It is normal for the roof joints have a little bubble affect. The issue was what they call finger bubbles coming off of that. [ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3901.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	193.6 KB
ID:	238498  
Old 09-06-2020, 10:48 AM   #12

Wow yeah I would not have been happy with a roof that was like that.
mshenygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 08:36 PM   #13

True, that are put together very quickly and cheaply. Still love them though.