Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-20-2021, 11:15 PM   #1

Orvan Fry Amish Family RV

Finally, our custom ordered Cedar Creek 311RL has a vin# assigned and a completion date of 4-10-21. We will be driving from Arizona to Trenton, Ohio to pick it up. My ultimate wish would be to pick up our new RV and take it up to the Amish Family RV shop to and have Orvan do a complete quality check the very next day or so and then bring our new RV home. BUT...how do we reach the shop to make a appointment? Plus, I hear he is booked solid. I still wanted to have the shop tell me personally, I guess. It would be awesome if he could squeeze me in being I am driving across the US to have him bless my CC 311RL.
icunjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 07:04 AM   #2

You might try Amish Family RV Service in Topeka In. if Orvan does not have one he might be able to steer you in the right direction. his phone number is belowt

(260) 593-0951 and the address is 11681 N 600 w-57, Topeka, IN 46571 this info was copied from another thread.
kinzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 10:11 AM   #3

Things have changed a bit in the past few years. You may need to schedule a paid PDI with Orvan, if that is the kind of work you want him to do. That may tie up your rig for a couple of days, in which case you may need to look for lodging in the area. If you have pets, the hotel in Shipshewana is pet friendly.
If there is work to be done on your unit, then there is the issue of availability of parts.

What you request may seem simple on the surface, but difficult to carry out in a matter of just a few days.
I would first do a very thorough PDI myself, before I accept the unit, and use it for a while, and compile a list of repairs, and possible upgrades.

I go up every two years from the Dallas area, and it is pretty much a one week to 10 days comitment.
CC75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 05:11 PM   #4

Yes. 260-593-0951 is the number to Amish Family RV. I called after hours, but left a message regarding making a appt. Sure would be sweet if he could squeeze us in.
Old 05-03-2021, 07:49 PM   #5
wls

I stop by Orvan's bout 1 1/2 weeks ago, got a sept 29th appointment.
2008 Dodge 3500 Dually, Cummins. Amsoil Bypass Oil Filter, 36 Gal aux fuel tank. Mag Hytec Trans pan. Mag Hytec Diff Pan. 6 speed autostick. 3:73, Timbrens, Smarty JR. Equipped.
2016 Cedar Creek 38FB2

2016 Camping Days=38
2017 Camping Days=24
wls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 09:07 PM   #6

I was at Orvan's last week. I booked a return appointment for end of October.
Freebird2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 09:24 PM   #7

Just booked my appointment for Nov 30th. Going to get some reinforcement in the upper deck steel structure, a slide adjustment and the spring shackle bracket crossbeams plus anything else that their trained eyes see.
DeanV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 10:29 PM   #8

I knew being across the states that getting my brand new 311RL into his shop a day or two after we pick it up in Ohio was wishful thinking. He is booked into October. You folks are very fortunate to have him close to your homes...we live in Arizona. Our custom optioned RV has a speculated out date of May 10. Nearly 10 weeks since we ordered it.