Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-29-2015, 06:08 PM   #1

(Patiently) waiting for our 38CK

We ordered a new 38CK in November. Got an email from the dealer with the "off-line date".

It doesn't matter at all, but I'm curious about a few things from those that have toured the factory.

Does off-line date mean the day it should be completed? What happens next at the factory after off-line? Quality check, maybe?

How many RVs are finished each day on that line? I thought I read "9", but can't recall where I saw that. Or is it 9 on the assembly line?

How long does it take to build a Cedar Creek, from frame to finished?

From the factory to the dealer, is that a dealer contracted driver, or factory? How long does it take to deliver a "sold" RV? Seems it may get a higher priority than one built on speculation.

We will be in that part of Indiana this summer, so we may take the factory tour. Hopefully not there for repair.

Thanks, This is our third 5er, Been traveling fulltimers in a 2006 Montana since 2006. No big problems that I didn't cause with the Montana, we just liked the 38CK.
Gordog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 11:11 AM   #2

This forum makes me feel strange. We have had 5 RVs. We just get them off the lot of a dealer. None of them have been by the same company. None of them have ever been a problem. None of them have ever been back to a dealer for anything. Most never even needed a propane tank refilled. We've been coast to coast camping. We currently are wintering in Florida in a Cedar Creek 38 CK from RV Nation.
Sterlingsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 03:27 PM   #3

I'm curious too! We ordered a 33IK mid-January. Not in a hurry, since I want to sell our current TT (and it's still too cold and snowy), but would like to know when it might arrive . . .
NCBBA11043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 06:55 AM   #4

Smile Off Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordog View Post
We ordered a new 38CK in November. Got an email from the dealer with the "off-line date".

It doesn't matter at all, but I'm curious about a few things from those that have toured the factory.

Does off-line date mean the day it should be completed? What happens next at the factory after off-line? Quality check, maybe?

How many RVs are finished each day on that line? I thought I read "9", but can't recall where I saw that. Or is it 9 on the assembly line?

How long does it take to build a Cedar Creek, from frame to finished?

From the factory to the dealer, is that a dealer contracted driver, or factory? How long does it take to deliver a "sold" RV? Seems it may get a higher priority than one built on speculation.

We will be in that part of Indiana this summer, so we may take the factory tour. Hopefully not there for repair.

Thanks, This is our third 5er, Been traveling fulltimers in a 2006 Montana since 2006. No big problems that I didn't cause with the Montana, we just liked the 38CK.
I ordered my 36CKTS the last week of November 2014. It came offline on Jan 28 2015. Dealer received it on Feb, 10th I picked it up on Feb 12th.
rick03hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 07:05 AM   #5

Information on build and delivery is hard to come by. Our's was scheduled "off-line" on February 5th, to be shipped to the dealer on February 9. It is still at the factory. Or, maybe not.

It's obvious I expected too much.
Old 02-20-2015, 07:57 AM   #6

Delivery is dependent upon hauler availability. They park these completed units all over the place until a hauler who can/will go to your area is ready to go. Recently there have been ads looking for haulers.
The anxiety is part of the fun! 😀
Soon you and your new RV will be together.
SilverbackMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 11:21 PM   #7

Maybe someone is listening. Our RV is on the way to us from the dealer. 1400 miles. Driver expects to be here early Sunday morning.

I take back all the bad things that have crossed my mind since November. I'm ready to move on.
Old 02-21-2015, 07:26 AM   #8

Congrats! This is exciting, BUT, make sure you do spend a LOT of time inspecting and understanding as much as you can handle. Don't let the eye candy of your new toy over ride your need for a THOROUGH PDI! Check everything. We split ours up. DW checked furniture: fabric, mechanics, fit and finish of every drawer, etc. I focused on mechanical.
Did not miss anything! After 2 trips and use, had some minor issues. Saved them up and went to FR Rally last year and was fixed lickety split.
SilverbackMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 10:14 PM   #9

75% of our "stuff" is outside on our cement pad. A friend is moving our Montana to a nearby site early. Just so I don't have to mess with it in case the driver is early.

Told driver to expect a 2 hour PDI. First, I want to see if there is any damage from the trip here. Then, verify that we got all the options we paid for. Next, verify all systems work. Finally, cosmetics inside.

I know the driver can only fix a minor problem, but another set of eyes on issues can only help.

I hope I sleep tonight.