Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-03-2013, 06:48 PM   #1

Power to Lippert Hydraulic Slides on 29RE

When I have my Group 27 battery installed and shore power connected the 3 slides work great. When I removed the battery for winter storage and try to the use the slide outs they move very slowly. Eventually the last of the 3 slides just won't come in at all.

I have a WFCO III 9855 (55 amp) Converter (I know, its not the best). I have 125' of 10 gauge extension cord from the house. The extension cord plugs into a 30-50 amp adapter cable and the 50 amp cable plugs into the trailer. Do I have enough amperage going to the Converter, which is probably supplying 12V to hydraulic slide motor, for it work correctly with shore power? I never hear the fan kick in on the Converter. It must be working somewhat for it to be supplying some power to the motor.

Because of the way the hydraulic motor is mounted I cannot see the power specification label to know what the motor draws in amps.
2020 Ford F350 Lariat, Crew Cab, Short Bed, Diesel, 4WD
Retired and trying to travel where it's warm. Not doing a good job of this during COVID in 2020.
pengle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 07:00 PM   #2

I decided to see if Lippert had anything to say about this.

• All LCI 12VDC electrically operated slideout and hydraulic pump unit motors are designed to work off of the coach’s battery system.
• All LCI 12VDC motors require DC or Direct Current to operate properly.
• Batteries must be fully charged and indicate at least 12VDC minimum under load for proper operation of all LCI 12VDC motors.
• The AC converter is a charger that “converts” AC or Alternating Current into a DC charge to keep the coach’s battery system fully charged.
• Utilizing the coach’s AC converter to operate the slideout or hydraulic motors will spike the amperage and potentially cause motor malfunction.
• Normal operating amperage is between 20A-25A and can spike to over 50A in low voltage conditions.
• Chassis ground wire connections must be made as a metal-to-metal contact between the chassis and the toothside of the star washer. Paint or other undercoating between the star washer and the frame may result in a poor
ground connection.

Hmm...that about says it all.
2020 Ford F350 Lariat, Crew Cab, Short Bed, Diesel, 4WD
Retired and trying to travel where it's warm. Not doing a good job of this during COVID in 2020.
pengle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hydraulic, power, slide, slide out