Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-16-2021, 11:04 PM   #1

Problem with slideout

This is our third time out and we had no trouble setting up; however, when leaving the bedroom slide came in the kitchen and chairs came in but the dinning and couch didn’t come in. Had to call out an RV repair man who had to drain the hydraulic fluid and manually push it in. Has anyone experienced this. Where did you get schematics. Also didnt not find the reset or any type of manual overide.
Gbrady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 12:43 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum. Please let us know the year and model number of your RV.

When the slide would not come in was the hydraulic pump running?

2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 50K+ mile
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 12:51 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbrady View Post
This is our third time out and we had no trouble setting up; however, when leaving the bedroom slide came in the kitchen and chairs came in but the dinning and couch didn’t come in. Had to call out an RV repair man who had to drain the hydraulic fluid and manually push it in. Has anyone experienced this. Where did you get schematics. Also didnt not find the reset or any type of manual overide.
Welcome to the forum where you can get help and find information on various issues.

However to get the best help it would be beneficial if you would include your unit and TV. Take a look at my signature. Being you posted in the Cedar Creek sub-forum I assume you have a CC.

Anyway I have had issues with the slide-outs not coming in. Also at times when they all did come in, they wouldn't lock in thus a couple would creep out going down the road. In order to keep them in I continually take them in/out till I could tell they were locked in. You can tell they are locked in when the hydraulic pump pulls down. When they aren't the pump will continue to pump as if they were still coming in/out.

Most of the time when we were having problems, my dinette side (passenger side slide) would hang up. It is always the last slide to come in and if it didn't kind of move just a little when the other two first did, I kind of knew that there was going to be a problem hanging up. When it did hang up, I would physically push on it while the DW pressed the slide button in. I might have to take the slides in/out a couple of times before they would finally lock down.

There could be a couple of reasons that are causing the slides won't come in/out properly. 1) An internal/external leak in one of the cylinders. 2) A leak in the control switch (this is the control where you can isolate one or two of the slides, mine is located in my wet bay compartment).

On my 36CK2 the first time, Orvan (Amish Family RV) found that the bedroom slide cylinder had a slight leak and replaced it (11/2019). We thought this solved the problem. But while on way to Florida (01/2020) found still had a problem. There were times when the slides wouldn't lock down and the slides would start creeping out going down the highway. One time I ended up driving a 100 miles, continually stopping to close them till I finally got them to lock down. Orvan replaced the control (06/2020) which has since seemed to solve the problem.

As I have only taken my 5er from Orvan's to storage (6/2020) and from storage to home earlier this year (5/2021), we haven't tested it much. However all seems fine and at the end of this month will have a better idea if all is good. Being I have had problems in the past, I will be able to handle any issues in the future.

Lastly, you also don't indicate where you are from. Orvan at Amish Family RV is located 2 miles from the CC factory in Topeka, IN (260) 593-0951. If you do a search in the forum you will see all the good comments and recommendations to have Orvan service your unit. He only works on Cedar Creeks though he may take in a Riverstone now too. Well worth to have him service your unit. He will find things that you are not aware of.

With that said he is booked up pretty well in advance and it could be a couple of months for him to schedule someone in. However he will have the work completed generally in a day or two rather than the 2-6 months at a normal dealer. Even though I live 35 miles from the dealer that I bought my unit from, I will travel the 140 miles away in a different time zone to have him do any service work I need on my unit, as I know the work will be done correctly and quickly.

Let us know how you fair in getting your issue resolved, as solutions will help others with similar problems.

Good luck and stay safe -

2018 Cedar Creek 36CK2 (40.5ft)
TST Cap System (Tire Monitoring)
2021 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab 4X4 DRW Duramax (replaced 2015 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab 4X4 Duramax)
Curt A25 5th Wheel Hitch (replaced Demco 18K Auto-slide)
LittleBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 07:11 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalford View Post
Welcome to the forum. Please let us know the year and model number of your RV.

When the slide would not come in was the hydraulic pump running?

There was no noise after the second slide. Sorry folk I didn’t provide enough info l have a 2018 Cedar Creek Silverback 291k
Gbrady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 11:25 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbrady View Post
There was no noise after the second slide. Sorry folk I didn’t provide enough info l have a 2018 Cedar Creek Silverback 291k
Would the two slides that had come in go back out again or did the pump not work at all after the second slide came in? Even when the slides have reached their destination (in or out) the pump will continue to try to pump if you continue to hold the button down. Either it will sound like it has met resistance when travel has been fully extended/retracted clueing you to let up on the button or it will continue to sound like it is pumping while the slides were moving in with no resistance after the slides reach their destination.

Just to try to get it straight, did the pump quit altogether after the second slide came in or did it continue to pump?

Another thing that may prevent a slide coming in is if the isolation switches are not fully up in the on position. There is the possibility that your passenger side slide (dinette and couch) switch is not fully up against the positive stop.

Hope this helps a little.

Good luck and stay safe -

2018 Cedar Creek 36CK2 (40.5ft)
TST Cap System (Tire Monitoring)
2021 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab 4X4 DRW Duramax (replaced 2015 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab 4X4 Duramax)
Curt A25 5th Wheel Hitch (replaced Demco 18K Auto-slide)
LittleBill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide