Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2019, 09:26 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by samgann View Post
I would LOVE to take my RV to Orvan for warranty work but I have to work too.
I wish they would send someone to pick my RV up and take it to Orvan to be repaired.
I cant really trust anyone from Cleburne service to do the work. There work is shoddy work. Like mentioned above.
Definitely still call Denise, she may be able to send a transport to pick it up if need be. She was going to do that for us, but we decided to take it ourselves so that we can go over any additional things with Orvan. Orvan will want you to pick it up so he can go over things he has done. He would also like for you to bring to him so you and him can go over the issues you are having. And he will find things wrong that you didn't even realize were wrong. He probably will be able to get all your issues fix in one to two days.

I would first call and see if the things you have wrong will fall under warranty and tell her the problems you are having with the dealer. If they agree to get you in with Orvan, most likely he may not be able to get you in till later this year or even next. Some folks are booking 12-15 months out. Originally Denise told us at the Rally she couldn't get anything done till after Sept 30th. And when we called Orvan to schedule our unit it ended up being Nov.

You have to decide if you are willing to live with your issues and not getting it repaired under warranty. Or if you aren't willing to live with the issues and want them to done under warranty, then you really need to do those things necessary to get it done. We have spent a lot of money to not to be able to fully enjoy our unit.

My DW was saying that CC wouldn't want to talk with her as she was an unhappy camper with the issues in our unit. Even though our unit isn't going to Orvan till Nov., she is a much happier camper now. It's like a big weight has been lifted off her shoulders (and mine too).

Call Denise tomorrow (260)593-4006 and see what she has to say. Good luck.

2018 Cedar Creek 36CK2 (40.5ft)
TST Cap System (Tire Monitoring)
2021 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab 4X4 DRW Duramax (replaced 2015 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab 4X4 Duramax)
Curt A25 5th Wheel Hitch (replaced Demco 18K Auto-slide)
LittleBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 04:32 AM   #22

Quote:
I would LOVE to take my RV to Orvan for warranty work but I have to work too.
I wish they would send someone to pick my RV up and take it to Orvan to be repaired.
I cant really trust anyone from Cleburne service to do the work. There work is shoddy work. Like mentioned above.

If you end up taking your CC to Orvan he will also mention doing some changes and modifications to your unit that won't be covered by CC. I'm having him do all of them since we'll be keeping this CC for a long while. The big one is reinforcing the frame at the axles as they found out the frame rails are twisting as you roll down the road. There is also a slide mod that should be done as well. He uses a Lippert certified welder to do all the steel related mods so no issue with Lippert when he's done. I'm also having the new heavier Riverstone hitch put on the back for a storage box and more tail lights.
2020 Cedar Creek Hathaway 34IK, Reese 19K Sidewinder PB.
Daycruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 06:46 PM   #23

Tried to call Denise 3 times yesterday and left voice mail. No call back.
Tried again this morning and left voice mail. No call back today either.
Tried to call customer service with CC and was sent to voice mail. No call back either.
This is getting ridicules.
samgann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 07:41 PM   #24

Quote:
Tried to call customer service with CC and was sent to voice mail. No call back either.
Stay with it, don't give up.
Old 09-04-2019, 07:56 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daycruiser View Post
Stay with it, don't give up.
I'm trying to stay sane
samgann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 12:01 AM   #26

Quote:
I tried calling Denise yesterday and had to leave a message too. But I am not necessarily expecting an call back right away, as my call was just to let her know I had called Orvan's place and scheduled to take my unit to him in Nov for the warranty work she was having him do.

Agree with Daycruiser - Stay with it.

2021 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab 4X4 DRW Duramax (replaced 2015 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab 4X4 Duramax)
Old 09-06-2019, 07:20 AM   #27

We dropped our Silverback off at the dealership 2 days ago for warranty items. Had a pretty good list for them (I believe 10 in total). Was told that after reviewing the items in the service area, they would have to submit warranty requests to Forest River (I suspect CC) before they can touch anything. That FR/CC will have the final say as to what will be covered, how, etc.

Sure hope that I'm not in for a battle. RV is less than 3 months old.
Old 09-06-2019, 07:44 AM   #28

We deal with a small local dealer and the warranty process is pretty much the same as you described with CW.

But also just picked up our rig from Orvan. We showed him our list of 7 warranty items, but when we picked it up he gave us a 10 page itemized list of defects covered by CC. I almost wish I was still working so I could try to emulate his work standard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd4010 View Post
We dropped our Silverback off at the dealership 2 days ago for warranty items. Had a pretty good list for them (I believe 10 in total). Was told that after reviewing the items in the service area, they would have to submit warranty requests to Forest River (I suspect CC) before they can touch anything. That FR/CC will have the final say as to what will be covered, how, etc.

Sure hope that I'm not in for a battle. RV is less than 3 months old.
SimchaSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 07:54 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimchaSabre View Post
We deal with a small local dealer and the warranty process is pretty much the same as you described with CW.

But also just picked up our rig from Orvan. We showed him our list of 7 warranty items, but when we picked it up he gave us a 10 page itemized list of defects covered by CC. I almost wish I was still working so I could try to emulate his work standard.
Now that's service! I wish I could have asked CW to also look at defects (not noted by me) covered by CC (proactive) but suspect I'd get a shoulder shrug.

Do RV manufacturers have a list of TSBs and such like automakers?
Old 09-06-2019, 04:22 PM   #30

Quote:
Do RV manufacturers have a list of TSBs and such like automakers?
No, only recalls of which there are very few. Dealers don't want warranty work, doesn't pay well enough so they'd prefer you not know that you need warranty work. Orvan is the exception rather than the rule.
Old 09-06-2019, 08:26 PM   #31

My dealer's service department has been trying but I think it is the red tape and lack of proper parts readily available that really slows their ability to be able to get some things done. Everything I have gone back to the dealer for, they have tried to get done. However as good as they are I think Orvan is more able to get it done quicker as he doesn't have to wait as long as for an OK as he works closely with the CC warranty division. He is right there and has direct access to parts. He also is not prepping new units and his help may have more expertise on taking units apart and putting them back together then the service manager at your local dealer as just guessing they have probably worked at CC before and built them.

I spent about an hour at the dealer without my unit to pick up some items which had been on order for warranty since the 1st of May and they had come in while we were at the rally in Goshen. Orvan will be putting these items in when I take my unit to him the 1st of Nov. The hour I spent there, was mostly talking to the service manager and then the sales manager about what had gone on at the rally in respect to my unit now going back in essence to the factory/Orvan.

The service manager stressed that if I had any other issues down the road after Orvan was done with it to make sure I brought it back and he would get them corrected.

Old 09-06-2019, 08:51 PM   #32

Send a message via AIM to B and B
I understand all trailers have issues and QC is poor or non existent on some. We tried really hard to stay in the Forest River family. The QC on 2017 Columbus and 2019 Cedar Creek we looked at up made us move to Heartland. We have 2 local dealers selling both at top dollar and embarrassing trade value we double going to a Heartland Bighorn originally. Our preferred dealer has Cardinal and he has said he fewer PDI issues with the 2019 and 2020 models so things are getting better it seems.

The new Landmark we took delivery of in March had a few issues many I have corrected, some just cause I was picky and wanted them changes. Things like Inverter, KIB system control, Water Pump, Dometic Thermostats are Vendor not manufacturer.

I have heard at Charger Enterprises as a good service facility as well for Warranty work in Elkhart. They help people in distress while travelling with emergency repairs as well. Might be worth a try.
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 08:51 PM   #33

Quote:
By reading this thread, every city/town needs an "Orvan".

Now that Labor Day camping is done, will be bringing my 2.5 month old Silverback to a FR dealership (CW) this week to get warranty items done. Sure hope that A) it's done right and B) it's done w/o having to haggle. Spend $60k on a rig I expect them to make me a happy camper again.

Not slamming CC here....but not impressed with the number of major issues wrong with this rig. Major as in slide misalignment that caused the Congoleum floor to tear amongst the list of items. CC has the chance to make me a happy/satisfied customer again ---- we'll see what happens.
do not take it to CW, call Denise at the listed number. they may pick it up and return it to you depending on the issues
Amateur Radio W5CI 2019 Days Camping 25
2020 Days Camping 7
W5CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 07:15 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by W5CI View Post
do not take it to CW, call Denise at the listed number. they may pick it up and return it to you depending on the issues
Too late....was brought to them Wednesday.

I've brought rigs to CW before and they've done well on the service aspects (at least my Colfax location). So figured I would follow the process first and let them do their thing and if necessary, escalate to Denise or whoever. CW is supposed to call me sometime next week after they are done with the assessment. I'll then pick it up while the warranty red tape is processed and the parts are ordered. That way, at least, the RV will be stored in the barn out of the elements while the process takes its course.
Old 09-09-2019, 06:48 PM   #35

OMG...here comes another camping world story. With all those issues, I would get it to Orvin and 2 or 3 days lateryou will have it back, better than new. He will find things wrong that you didn’t even know anything about. Good luck.
Xflyhighx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 07:34 PM   #36

Sorry to hear your issues. We have a 2019 Forester by Forest River and too have had issues from day 1 also. We were also away from original dealership and repairs from other dealers was almost impossible. Called FR and had a little help. Ended up driving over 800 miles back to the dealership where we purchased the class C and our RV was in the shop the entire month of March. We have dealt with problems the whole year. Major problems constantly. We purchased in September also and our year warranty is almost up and have been assured everything will be repaired even after the warranty is out. RV is now in the shop again for at least 3 weeks. My last couple of emails to Forest River have went unanswered. We are full timers so you can see how much inconvenience it has been for us as well. Sold our house and bought the RV after the sale so no house to go back to. My wife researched this for a year and a half before we decided to go this way. Big mistake. Ask Forest River to put it in writing that they will repair problems even after the warranty. Our dealer has said the same thing but don't have it in writing. Good luck with your issues. Apparently all makes have the same issues. They are thrown these together and leave the dealership to deal with.
Steve08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 08:03 PM   #37

Wow. All I can say is 'really?' You guys probably have spent more on a single coach than I have for every camper I've ever owned combined. Yet, these issues seem totally common, or even worse, compared to the average TT. I guess a common thread here is that the trust for the dealer / manufacturer was misplaced. But if one sees these issues right from the get go, then the breaks should have been put on the deal until they were fixed or went to another unit without said obvious faults. I've bought my TT's by researching floor plans, watching hundreds of video's, talking with other owners until I 'zero in' on a couple of final choices, then the final one, at which point I annoy the heck out of the salesperson by crawling all over, looking in every cabinet, storage area, underneath and on top, everywhere I can get to and list everything wrong before we even start the haggle process. Then the PDI will have water, electric hooked up, AC checked, microwave, TV, all that stuff, all propane items going, etc for phase 2 of the process of fixing all before the thing leaves the lot. And if they can't get things fixed in a reasonable period....well there's other dealers for the same rig. The money spent on these things was purposed for 'having fun' and traveling....not sitting for months while the warranty clock runs out.
McKannick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 08:16 PM   #38

Quote:
Drove to Thackerville OK on the 1st of September 2018 to pick up my new RV.
Going through the PDI was upset about the way the basement doors fit. Doors where installed wrong. Basement doors had a big gap at the top and rubbed the bottom of the frame. The tech beat on the door hinges and kind of lined them up. Both basement door on the door side still where not right. Propane door had to bend around the propane bottles to latch. The big basement door was not straight in the frame.

Left Windstar RV park and drove to Sunset Tx.
About 3 or 4 days later I opened the main door for access into the RV
and the door came apart. Main door frame separated from the foam and almost fell off the hinges.
I called ----- in Thackerville and told them what happened. They tried to tell me to bring the rv back to Thackerville and they would replace the door.
I told them that I would not bring it back with the door about to fall off.
They finally agreed to send a tech out to look at the door.
Tech removed half of the hinges so the door was easier to close and said he will order a door.
While tech was looking at the door, I asked him about the big basement door
that was on door side. He looked at basement door and said he would replace that door too.
Also had him look Main A/C because it was making a lot of noise
Tech said Main A/C needed replace.
Finally, I had tech look at the shower. Shower seat sunk about 1 inch down in the corner and wife was afraid of setting on seat.
Tech said he would fix the shower when he installed the Main door and that the shower only needed to anchored to the back wall.
About 3 weeks later tech came back to my RV in sunset TX and replaced Main access door and big basement door. Anchored the shower pan to the back wall.
New door installed but screen door had a gap above door about 3/4 inch or so. So top of screen
would not seal.
When tech anchored the shower pan, I guess he had to remove the shower surround on the back wall to anchor the shower pan. The surround wall will not stay attached to back wall and is now loose also the where the shower pan and shower surround meet there is a 1” gap by the shower doors.
Big Basement door was replaced with a door that had dents on the inside foam part. Maybe door was used.
Tech also fixed the hanging lights over the island.
Main A/C was replaced. Tech also told me that the duct work was loose and he repaired it.
The tech did everything he could to try to make me happy.

July 12 2019
Moved Rv from Sunset to Alvord Tx.
Decided to go by ---------- service in Cleburne TX 11:20am and have them fix some more warranty issues.
Told them about the gap in the front basement door at the bottom. The middle of the door frame was lower than the door and would not seal to keep water out.
The shower surround was loose from the wall and the 1” gap between the surround and the shower pan.
Screen ¾ inch below top of door frame. Will not seal at top.
Dresser draw top left will not close.
Slide seals not sealing on kitchen slide. Seals will not come out when slide extended. Have to manual pull them out to seal.
Awning has a whole where the cover has rubbed.
Stayed at repair shop from 11:30am till 6pm.
They pulled my RV from the repair shop and hooked up to power.
Opened Main door and the door flew back at me. Screen was jammed in-between door frame and main door. Screen had a wrinkle in it like it had been bent and would not latch back. Looked down at the hinges and the hinge where bent out a lot. There is some paint damage on the door frame.
Tech said they would order and replace front door and screen with plastic cover.
The front basement door was repaired and looked like it was done right.
Shower surround gap was not repaired. Said they need authorization.
Dresser draw was not repaired.
Awning was not replaced. Same as above need authorization
Extended slides to look at kitchen seal and was not fixed. I showed the tech and he apologized.
They sprayed some seal lube on seal and seemed to help a little.

A week later I call Cleburne RV service center and spoke with receptionist trying to get information from someone. Receptionist tried to get ahold of someone but no one would answer. She sent me to general managers voice mail and I left message to please call me. Never Received a call.

July 25
My wife had to go back to Cleburne RV Service center to get answers. She was told that the awning and shower was approved. Door and screen were ordered too.

August 28 2019
Under Bedroom slide by Anchor bolts going thru bottom of floor there are cracks showing raw wood about 4 inches long and the front side corner of slide bottom is mushy like its getting wet.
Bottom outside trim is not sealed at corners just in the middle.

August 29 2019
My wife again called Cleburne RV service center worried about bedroom slide floor and was told person she talked to before was no longer there and that a manager would call her back today. Well guess what? No call.
1 year warranty runs out on the September 1 2019

Does anyone have any advice to get this resolved?
Moral and lesson to this story is never follow thru with the signing when you have such issues with a unit. I made the same mistake and got stuck with a lemon from Colton RV near Niagra Falls NY. Pretty bad when 1 manager say they should replace the unit and actually started the paperwork only to be shot down by higher up.
skipatroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 09:00 PM   #39

I was having problems getting warranty work done on my 2019 Sierra. I finally sent an email to Marcus Lemonis. I got a call back from his office the same day . The dealer called about 15 min. Later and got warranty approval next day
Firefighter306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 08:37 AM   #40

I thought with Forest River you could sign up for another year for warranty work. You need to contact them, or your dealer. We have a Sandpiper and have the option to take out an additional year, I think the cost was a 100 fir 2nd year.
Charlene4788 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cedar creek