Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-10-2019, 08:51 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlene4788 View Post
I thought with Forest River you could sign up for another year for warranty work. You need to contact them, or your dealer. We have a Sandpiper and have the option to take out an additional year, I think the cost was a 100 fir 2nd year.
This was discontinued a couple of years ago.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 10:09 AM   #42

Yeh none of this was obvious until after the delivery. We researched as you did and went back and forth with the dealership for several months on price until we got bottom dollar and checked this price at other dealers as well. Our first issue started the first time we set up at a campground to get unpacked or should I say tried. Had a bad rain storm that day. Put out slide and started unpacking. A couple hours went by when when my wife saw water everywhere in the kitchen area and over the table window. Had to put the slide in and cleaned up the mess. Next morning drove 2 hrs back to the dealer and was there all day. They found the factory closed the slide too early after applying the seals. So the top seal came off when we put the slide out. Well the next couple of days were spent unpacking and checking out the RV. Drove from NC to Michigan for a wedding where we experienced multiple other problems. Drove back to NC and had those repaired. Drove to Alabama for a couple months. Got there and the icemaker developed a severe leak. Luckily got a dealer there to repair the leak. Drove 4 hours and spent 2 days at the dealer getting that repaired. Drove back to the campground and finished out the month. Prepared to move to another campground. When putting in the slide it quit. Could get no help from any area dealer. Spent a whole month without a slide. One the phone constantly the whole month. Had to take the front motor off the super slide to get it back in. In the meantime lights quit working. The dvd player quit.along with numerous things. Drove 800 miles back to the dealer and the RV spent the entire month of March at the dealer. Since then have been back to the dealer numerous times and now they have had it 2 weeks to repair electrical issues. Along with other issues including paint chipping. They painted over caulking. This was a 3271sf Forester. 2019. They also ripped the linoleum when working on the slide. So yeh not a good year. With a sticker price of over 134,000 you would expect better quality.
Steve08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 05:02 PM   #43

I wonder if lemon laws apply to RVs. I would think they should as they are registered vehicles. Doesn't state RVs for NC DMV but makes me wonder....
Old 09-10-2019, 05:32 PM   #44

There is a lemon law for RVs much like cars. Has to be multiple visits for the same issue. The automatic jacks have been an issue for us since day one. One of the back jacks come up off the ground once the auto jacks finish the cycle but only for me. Thought I was doing something wrong but I have done the procedure as it's supposed to be done but when they get it back at the shop it will not perform for them as it does for me. They can't find a thing wrong with them. I am waiting to hear from the dealer to see if everything is working properly before I contact Forest River by phone this time. Maybe they will answer the phone or return my call before I contact an attorney. We shall see. We will be in Indiana next month for another wedding. Might see if the factory will take it and go through it with me. Thanks for your replies.
Steve08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 04:30 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xflyhighx View Post
OMG...here comes another camping world story. With all those issues, I would get it to Orvin and 2 or 3 days lateryou will have it back, better than new. He will find things wrong that you didn’t even know anything about. Good luck.
This is stretching it a bit, Orvan has had my CC since Aug 10th and he just started working on it yesterday. He said he should be done with it by Sept 26th. 2 or 3 days once he gets to it maybe, the guy is slammed with work for months.
2020 Cedar Creek Hathaway 34IK, Reese 19K Sidewinder PB.
Daycruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 07:10 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daycruiser View Post
This is stretching it a bit, Orvan has had my CC since Aug 10th and he just started working on it yesterday. He said he should be done with it by Sept 26th. 2 or 3 days once he gets to it maybe, the guy is slammed with work for months.
Daycruiser, I'm just wondering if you had an appointment with Orvan or just stopped by without an appointment and dropped it off? He seems to get right on a rig the same day of your appointment.
keith52 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cedar creek